Old 09-16-2019, 01:52 AM   #121
Flavio
Human being with feelings

has anyone found the way to make the XT1 follow the channel selection made in reaper?
Flavio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 02:50 AM   #122
mschnell

Supposedly you should better ask in the "Control Surfaces" subforum.
-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 11:14 AM   #123
themixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio View Post
has anyone found the way to make the XT1 follow the channel selection made in reaper?
It works with the latest firmware. Works perfectly on my end.
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 02:35 AM   #124
Flavio

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
It works with the latest firmware. Works perfectly on my end.
You sure? There is not a 'latest firmare'. I mean, the latest firmware was released one year ago (V. 1.07) and it did not fix this issue.
Are you talking about XT 1 or another XT model?

EDIT: This is stated in the Readme file included in the firmware 1.07:

Channel selection:
This update brings new functionality to most of the Preset-supported DAWs:
Mouse-click on the DAW screen (for selecting a channel), will now update the X-TOUCH ONE hardware too.

Supported DAWs:
Ableton Live
Steinberg Cubase
Apple Logic
Presonus Studio One
Avid ProTools

NOT supported DAWs:
Cockos Reaper
Tracktion / Waveform

Recommendations:
For Reaper and Tracktion / Waveform it is not required to update to firmware 1.07.

Last edited by Flavio; 09-18-2019 at 03:00 AM.
Old 09-19-2019, 12:44 AM   #125
Ideosound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednroll View Post
I have an XT1. Yes, that is how it works. I use the XT1 in MCU operation mode. You select a Track in the DAW and the XT1 is the active controller for that selected track. Even with the prior version of firmware, that's how it worked but you had to press an additional button on the XT1 after selecting the track in the DAW. The v1.07 update made it so there were no additional button presses needed.
Seems to be conflicting info on whether the XT1 will follow the channel fader of any selected track in Reaper (without using any channel select or bank function on the XT1). Some people saying yes and I'm sure they are correct. Maybe the firmware notes aren't correct. Someone should make a video testing it!
Ideosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:56 AM   #126
Flavio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ideosound View Post
Someone should make a video testing it!
Yes please!
Old 09-22-2019, 12:39 PM   #127
MexicanBreed

Default Very interested too!

I am thinking about getting a daw controller for the fader. I had a Faderport v1 but sold it because I assumed I would be able to control midi ccs with it. I learned later that the XT1 can do this...if anyone could confirm that, I'd be very grateful.

Could the XT1 be the perfect DAW controller for a small/hobby studio user such as myself? I saw a Faderport 8, renewed on eBay but I am not comfortable spending that much money, although I know that it does midi cc besides its usual role. Controlling track volume, pan, midi CCs and plugin parameters with something other than the mouse is really enticing.
MexicanBreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 12:49 PM   #128
themixtape

Yes the XT1 has MIDI CC mode, where you can make everything on it be a MIDI CC. The thing is, I can't figure a way to get the X-Touch One to work both in Mackie Control Mode (Klinke) AND MIDI CC mode, without getting the damn Reaper error, when midi ports conflict with the Midi Input settings.... it's like you have to do a bunch of steps when you're in MIDI mode, just to be in MIDI mode.
Old 09-30-2019, 01:04 AM   #129
Bobcat

Default This is my second X-Touch One with the same defect - No button back lights

I sent back the X-Touch and received another having the same problem. Before I send this one back for a refund I thought I would ask is this a known problem? I know one known problem: tech support at Behringer is absolutely a mess.

The problem: I have X-Touch connected to Reaper with all of the buttons I've assigned working. I set the controller setup to Reaper. So I am connected via USB. Why don't the buttons nor the display light up? The lights are good for: scrub wheel, LCD screen and when you press the Master button - but nothing else lights up - but the buttons I've assigned respond to Reaper. Remember, this is my second new unit. Two out of 2 have this identical problem. The Zzounds folks are not familiar with this surface controller so they are of no help.

I created a tech support ticket on Behringer which the auto response stated, "Will respond the next business day. After waiting 5 days the response I got was, "Did you connect the unit to power?" From the way it was written, looks like the tech support was from India .

Any responses appreciated.

bc
Bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 01:19 AM   #130
themixtape

Mine's fine. I updated the firmware to 1.07 and no issues whatsoever. The mode you might be in though is Midi CC or CCRel mode.... double-check.

you can hold the STOP button and hit the encoder top and it lets you pick the mode you're in.

For Reaper, use either Mackie Standard or Mackie Reaper.

Works just fine.

And yes, Behringer's tech support is shite. And what's worse, their forum/community/Music Tribe thing is the WORST DESIGNED WEBSITE I HAVE EVER SEEN. Forum? Not much of one.

This? Thank god for this forum, and its design. Behringer needs to stick with something that has worked for many years-- this type of forum. Their forum is seriously the crappiest, most terribly functional website I have ever had the displeasure to not find anything I need. The only way to find drivers/manuals for stuff is literally to google it and hope for the best.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:20 AM   #131
Bobcat

Thank you themixtape for your assistance. I did state that I have Reaper working and the mode is for Reaper. The mode nor MIDI CC has nothing to do with the button and screen not lighting up. Two out of two having the same problem.

bc
Bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote