Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 10-19-2019, 06:01 AM   #1
jazzmandan
Human being with feelings

Default Problem with Mouse disappearing in Reaper (Resolved)

Long time problem on my Dell Win 10 PC. The mouse will disappears behind screens and windows in Reaper. More frequently when I have a VST window open. If I move the mouse to a different location on the screen it reappears. The mouse is there, I can click it and it takes actions, it just is not visible behind certain elements of the program.

Hope that makes sense. I have looked for mouse drivers but my system always tells me that I have current Win 10 drivers.

Any ideas guys?
"significantly better than bad..." - Dell XPS i7, 16G Ram, Win 10 64Bit, REAPER 64Bit, MOTU Audio Express, PG Music - BIAB 2020, Kontakt 5, more VSTs than I know what to do with. Will trade all to play the guitar and keys better!

Last edited by jazzmandan; 10-19-2019 at 08:19 AM.
jazzmandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 06:31 AM   #2
wildschwein

Have you had a look in the mouse properties? Changing something there could help (I think visibility and hide pointer while typing settings).

https://www.onmsft.com/how-to/how-to...-in-windows-10
wildschwein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 06:38 AM   #3
jazzmandan

Thanks, been all over those settings but the problems continue. I just threw the mouse in the garbage and hooked up another. Maybe that will help?
"significantly better than bad..." - Dell XPS i7, 16G Ram, Win 10 64Bit, REAPER 64Bit, MOTU Audio Express, PG Music - BIAB 2020, Kontakt 5, more VSTs than I know what to do with. Will trade all to play the guitar and keys better!
Old 10-19-2019, 07:34 AM   #4
jazzmandan

So I did a sort licecap gif video to show how and where the mouse disappear and low and behold while it did disappear, the licecap showed it was working fine in the video???

So I went to the mouse setup as recommended and made the mouse a little bigger and darker. Now it appears to be visable across all of Reaper. So must have something to do with my monitor video resolution??

Hope this is the fix, this has been a long and strange problem.

Last edited by jazzmandan; 10-19-2019 at 08:20 AM.
Old 10-19-2019, 08:22 AM   #5
EpicSounds

I've heard from several users over the past few months that their mouse cursor goes invisible in some situations. Restarting helps for a while.
Replacing the cursor image seems to fix it
https://forums.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=57705
Old 10-19-2019, 09:20 AM   #6
jazzmandan

Great info for me. thanks so much.