Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 11-24-2020, 02:41 PM   #1
Jae.Thomas
Human being with feelings

Default Another one with Cameron Dye - FLAGPLANTING

An old song that I finally feel is completed!

https://thesecretreasons.com/wp-cont...aster_eq-1.mp3

Cameron Dye on bass

Me on everything else except drums

Last edited by Jae.Thomas; 11-24-2020 at 03:31 PM.
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 03:15 PM   #2
Cosmic

Sounds beautiful. Nice one
Old 11-26-2020, 06:51 PM   #3
camerondye

Nice job putting together the new break part, the transition back in is awesome. I like all the delay parts too, so much good stuff on this mix. It seems like you redid and put in some new guitar stuff too which kills. Awesome stuff and a lot of fun to play bass on.
camerondye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 01:31 PM   #4
kindafishy

THIS IS SO KICK ASS!

Not to take anything away from any of the other talented folks who post around here (and there are a lot), but IMO, this is the best thing I have heard around these parts in a very long time. It's a matter of taste of course, but there ya go. I love it.

Damn.

Do another one

Sometimes the right people get together at the right time and do the right thing. That's you guys.

You need a name for this band/project.
kindafishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 01:50 PM   #5
Jae.Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post
THIS IS SO KICK ASS!

Not to take anything away from any of the other talented folks who post around here (and there are a lot), but IMO, this is the best thing I have heard around these parts in a very long time. It's a matter of taste of course, but there ya go. I love it.

Damn.

Do another one

Sometimes the right people get together at the right time and do the right thing. That's you guys.

You need a name for this band/project.
My band name is The Secret Reasons, I would just put it under that name. But Cameron here is of course being considered a member at this point whether he likes it or not hahah he killed it
Old 12-03-2020, 02:03 PM   #6
kindafishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae.Thomas View Post
My band name is The Secret Reasons, I would just put it under that name. But Cameron here is of course being considered a member at this point whether he likes it or not hahah he killed it
Yup, I've liked Cam's work for a long time. He always kills it. There is something different going on here though. It's not just great musicianship. It's not just killing it (you did too by the way!). It's how you fit together and compliment each other. This is not easy to find. I hope you guys keep this going.
kindafishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 02:10 PM   #7
Jae.Thomas

Quote:
Yup, I've liked Cam's work for a long time. He always kills it. There is something different going on here though. It's not just great musicianship. It's not just killing it (you did too by the way!). It's how you fit together and compliment each other. This is not easy to find. I hope you guys keep this going.
It's interesting. I wrote the song 6 years ago and never felt quite right with it, until now.

He was playing with Jae from 2014, virtually, over the net, and the interaction was still very real.

Love it.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:55 PM   #8
tspring

This recording rocks hard. Lots of tasty guitar tones, great chord changes and riffs. You managed to add lots of twists and turns that veer away from formulaic. Really creative. And one of the few times that I have liked an intentionally distorted vocal. Impressive.
tspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:11 PM   #9
Jae.Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspring View Post
This recording rocks hard. Lots of tasty guitar tones, great chord changes and riffs. You managed to add lots of twists and turns that veer away from formulaic. Really creative. And one of the few times that I have liked an intentionally distorted vocal. Impressive.
thank you!!! I remember first writing it, and it came out almost exactly as you hear it, and I thought it needed MORE, but never got around to doing that.

I also said, eh, I'll come up with a better solo. Never got around to that.

Also I was like, eh these vocals are like first or second take or something. I'll have to redo them.

There are instances where it's a good thing you never got around to doing things ,eh?
Old 12-03-2020, 08:54 PM   #10
camerondye

Quote:
Thanks for the compliments, I like Jae's stuff and like that it's diverse and even though I've only done 3 songs so far they've all been good but very different from each other. I've gotten a little busy the last week or so but I'm going to start working on the 4th soon but I've got some local stuff I'm doing at the moment.
camerondye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 12:24 AM   #11
azimuth

Location: The place that's round on the ends and high in the middle

Jae, Camerondye & Michael Castigliano. A winning combination. This song does kick ass Jae.
azimuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 08:41 AM   #12
Jae.Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by azimuth View Post
Jae, Camerondye & Michael Castigliano. A winning combination. This song does kick ass Jae.
Thank you

your help has also been essential to me creating.
Old 12-04-2020, 08:44 AM   #13
Jae.Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by camerondye View Post
Thanks for the compliments, I like Jae's stuff and like that it's diverse and even though I've only done 3 songs so far they've all been good but very different from each other. I've gotten a little busy the last week or so but I'm going to start working on the 4th soon but I've got some local stuff I'm doing at the moment.
What people might not know is that I have been pretty fucking annoying with little changes here and there, and Cameron has not only dealt with that, but added so much more that I could not picture.

I am truly grateful for this, as it has been, in the past, a struggle to get a cohesive "product" done, due to the way my life has been - tragedy and opportunity together - and then also the fact that it is very hard for me to picture how all of the music goes together. If you look at my posts in this subforum, you will see an almost untenable variation of music, and I'm not the Beatles, who could release things like the white album and abbey road only after years of some of the biggest success in almost any industry.

I have a goal of trying to release an album, finally. My own album. Not producing someone else's. What will it mean? Nothing really, but to me.

Cameron is one person I will be ultimately thankful for completing this, if I can get it done
Old 12-11-2020, 06:26 AM   #14
Naji

I enjoyed every second of the song, when the weird bass starts playing - awesome, full of energy, love it!

Kinda Red Hot Chili Peppers and Hendrix elements (that's just my personal association, not sure if they have any influence on you, you might be too young!?) , but it is no imitation, it's an original, unique song!

Last edited by Naji; 12-11-2020 at 06:34 AM.
Naji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 09:19 PM   #15
Jae.Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naji View Post
I enjoyed every second of the song, when the weird bass starts playing - awesome, full of energy, love it!

Kinda Red Hot Chili Peppers and Hendrix elements (that's just my personal association, not sure if they have any influence on you, you might be too young!?) , but it is no imitation, it's an original, unique song!
hey thank you!!!

and yes they have huge influences on me