Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 05-09-2019, 11:48 AM   #2881
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings

This all sounds good to me.

The MCU Pro has a dedicated ‘modifiers’ section with shift, control, alt, command and I’ve no intention for them to be anything other than this
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 12:53 PM   #2882
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
This all sounds good to me.

The MCU Pro has a dedicated ‘modifiers’ section with shift, control, alt, command and I’ve no intention for them to be anything other than this
Yeah, pretty sure most of us will do this.

On to the Final Frontier

This is all about the Ux of Zone Activation.

The cheap and dirty way is to bang up modal-dialog-like "Pages".

Example -- When you press Sends the Channels switch to controlling the Sends
-- and if there are less than 8, the rest are blanked.

This works reasonably well with small formats like 1/4/8, but after that it gets ridiculous.

Since that is what the "I" in CSI is all about -- Integration, consider this:

A 20 Channel Integrated logical surface.

Hit the Sends button.

The ENTIRE 20 channels are taken over by the 3 Sends -- the rest are blank.

Uhhh... I don't think so !!

That is a horrific workflow AND a tremendous waste of available resources.

So with CSI we must step up the game.

This gets us into the territory of Zones/Overlays, where a Zone may partially overlay another Zone.

In this case we want all of the Widgets outside the Zone to function as they did previous to the Zone's Activation.

That's one of those "easy to say, hard to do" -- "devil's in the deets" kind of things.

Here's an opener for consideration:

Let's say there is a designated "Sends" Zone that overlays 4 Channels of the 20 Channel setup.

Whilst you are adjusting the Sends on the 4 Channels you bank the remaining Channels.

What should happen when you Deactivate the Sends Zone ?

This one appears easy -- the Sends Channels do not revert to their previous location, but rather to the new location banked to whilst the Sends Zone was Activated, that's intuitive.

Hmmm.... When we Activate the Sends Zone, do the 4 Send Channels insert and push the other 4 normal Channels down the Surface, yeah, probably that's right.

Ok, another.

Let's say you have a RotaryPush that does our familiar Pan/Width move.

Let's say you have a Zone Activated that maps the Rotaries to an FX.

When you push the Rotary you would expect it to operate on the FX (e.g. a drill down, or whatever you have mapped to that RotaryPush).

You would NOT expect that RotaryPush to "bleed through" to the underlying Zone and change the Pan/Width, right ?

Hey, wait a sec, we have the "banking" case where the underlying Zone gets the Navigation, isn't that a kind of "bleed through" ?

Yup.

So now we have 2 cases, one with "bleed through" , one without.

We're going to need some very clever thinking to keep this flexible yet manageable.

This is going to be both the challenge and the reward of the Final Frontier

Let's go !!
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 12:54 PM   #2883
schwa
Administrator

Geoff FYI: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=220663
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 01:12 PM   #2884
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Thanks, will check it out.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:17 PM   #2885
Gass n Klang

Default REAPER CRASH ALL DAY LONG

hey Geoff,
I've had a lot of crashes during the last weeks and it seems CSI is the problem. I've reported the problem here https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=220663
Justin and schwa told me to contact you. I hope that can be fixed. Best regards
Gass n Klang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 03:24 PM   #2886
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gass n Klang View Post
hey Geoff,
I've had a lot of crashes during the last weeks and it seems CSI is the problem. I've reported the problem here https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=220663
Justin and schwa told me to contact you. I hope that can be fixed. Best regards
Thanks, yes, looking into it.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:09 AM   #2887
Geoff Waddington

Hmmm... maybe this last bit is easier than it looks.

If you imagine each Zone overlaying the previous Zone, isn't the solution to our problem just -- the Widget controls the parameter in the Zone highest on the stack, the one that covers all the others below it ?

Now to figure out how to do that efficiently...
Old 05-11-2019, 07:48 AM   #2888
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post

Hmmm.... When we Activate the Sends Zone, do the 4 Send Channels insert and push the other 4 normal Channels down the Surface, yeah, probably that's right.
Not sure I would expect it to behave this way. I'd expect the 4 Send channels to replace the 4 regular channels, with the channels either side remaining unaffected (ie not moving on the surface).

When the Sends Zone is exited, the regular channels return. Because the Sends Zone is likely to only be in effect temporarily, the presence of this 'hole' in the regular channels is less off-putting than having all the channels jump right.

Being able to bank the regular channels 'underneath' the hole created by the Sends Zone means you will still be able to access those channels that disappear when the Sends Zone is active. When the Sends Zone is de-activated, the channels that fill the hole reflect any banking that has taken place, as you said.

The important thing for me would be to allow the selection of another regular channel, whilst the Send Zone is active, and have that channel's sends replace the initially selected channel's sends on the Send Zone widgets, without first having to exit the Sends Zone.

Quote:
Let's say you have a RotaryPush that does our familiar Pan/Width move.

Let's say you have a Zone Activated that maps the Rotaries to an FX.

When you push the Rotary you would expect it to operate on the FX (e.g. a drill down, or whatever you have mapped to that RotaryPush).

You would NOT expect that RotaryPush to "bleed through" to the underlying Zone and change the Pan/Width, right ?
Absolutely.

Quote:
If you imagine each Zone overlaying the previous Zone, isn't the solution to our problem just -- the Widget controls the parameter in the Zone highest on the stack, the one that covers all the others below it ?
This sounds right to me.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:20 AM   #2889
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Not sure I would expect it to behave this way. I'd expect the 4 Send channels to replace the 4 regular channels, with the channels either side remaining unaffected (ie not moving on the surface).

When the Sends Zone is exited, the regular channels return. Because the Sends Zone is likely to only be in effect temporarily, the presence of this 'hole' in the regular channels is less off-putting than having all the channels jump right.
You are 100% correct -- we are taking over a subset of the Control Surface Widgets, which has nothing to do with Track Navigation, thanks for the correction, always appreciated.

Quote:
Being able to bank the regular channels 'underneath' the hole created by the Sends Zone means you will still be able to access those channels that disappear when the Sends Zone is active. When the Sends Zone is de-activated, the channels that fill the hole reflect any banking that has taken place, as you said.
Yup.

Quote:
The important thing for me would be to allow the selection of another regular channel, whilst the Send Zone is active, and have that channel's sends replace the initially selected channel's sends on the Send Zone widgets, without first having to exit the Sends Zone.
I think that comes for free if we take the following approach, which is also hopefully the simplest and most intuitive:

If you Activate a Zone called "Sends" and it does not include the BankLeft and BankRight Widgets, then they are not taken over and they continue to function in the "Home" Zone context, banking Tracks.

However, if those Widgets are in the "Sends" Zone, they are taken over and do whatever the "Sends" Zone says.

As far as Selecting another Track, we can just give the "Sends" Zone a SelectedTrack Navigator and there will be no need to go in and out of Sends mode.

This shows the power of the separation of Navigation and Activation -- in this case he "Sends" Zone is still activated while the "Sends" Zone itself gets Navigated to point to a new Track.

Code:
Zone Sends 
   Navigator SelectedTrackNavigator

As far as the bleed through, I think that is simply the fact that, as in the Banking case, if we want to take over the Widget we must explicitly say so.

So if we want to prevent this:

Code:
Zone Home
   RotaryPush ToggleZone TrackPanWidth
from happening when the "Sends" Zone is activated we must explicitly say so:

Code:
Zone Sends
    RotaryPush NoAction
I think, with those constraints, we can actually build this.

Anyone see any holes ?
Old 05-11-2019, 04:52 PM   #2890
MixMonkey

Quote:

This shows the power of the separation of Navigation and Activation -- in this case he "Sends" Zone is still activated while the "Sends" Zone itself gets Navigated to point to a new Track.
This sounds good! Sends Zone on part of a C4 c/w a SelectedTrack Navigator Activate Sends Zone, selected track's sends appear on the C4. Select a different track, that track's sends now appear on the C4.

Quote:
As far as the bleed through, I think that is simply the fact that, as in the Banking case, if we want to take over the Widget we must explicitly say so.

So if we want to prevent this:

Code:
Zone Home
   RotaryPush ToggleZone TrackPanWidth
from happening when the "Sends" Zone is activated we must explicitly say so:

Code:
Zone Sends
    RotaryPush NoAction
It took me a few reads to get my head around this. I think you are describing a way to 'block' widgets that are un-assigned in the new Zone from still working as they did in the Zone that is being overlaid (aka 'bleed through'), by providing a 'null' definition for that widget in the new zone.

Any widgets that have a definition in the new zone (like SendLevel, say) are (obviously) prevented from affecting the overlaid Zone.

Sounds good to go
Old 05-12-2019, 01:40 AM   #2891
Freex

As MixMonkey said, the null command should prevent any accidents.

Just out of curiosity would this scenario on the MCU be possible?
Where when you pressed the "sends button" the first send of each channel took over the pan knob, then you used the push on the pan knob to cycle thru the sends for that channel, also if you banked across, then sends followed the channels?
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 05:29 AM   #2892
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
As MixMonkey said, the null command should prevent any accidents.
Yup the NoAction Action is for just that.

Quote:
Where when you pressed the "sends button" the first send of each channel took over the pan knob, then you used the push on the pan knob to cycle thru the sends for that channel, also if you banked across, then sends followed the channels?
Thanks for improving the design, perhaps unwittingly

You actually just asked for 2 Navigators, a TrackNavigator and a SendsNavigator.

Hadn't considered that.

Ok, so new syntax for this, we can drop:
Code:
 Navigator TrackNavigator
and do something like this:

Code:
Zone Home
    SendsButton ToggleZone AllSends

Zone AllSends
   Included Zones
      Sends|1-4

Zone Sends|1-4
    TrackNavigator
    SendsNavigator
    Rotary| SendVolume
    RotaryPush| Cycle SendsNavigator

Notice the AllSends Zone which simply contains all the Sends Zones -- this makes the Activation/Deactivation of all Sends by the single SendsButton easy to state.

Once again we see the separation of Activation (all Sends) and Navigation (a Send within a Track).

Does this make sense as a way to handle your Sends scenario ?
Old 05-12-2019, 05:57 AM   #2893
MixMonkey

Quote:
Just a thought, but might not this scenario be more easily handled by simply having a Sends Page, identical to the regular channel page, except that the channel rotary controls the send level and the rotary push cycles through the sends? Track banking the same as regular channel Page.

or am I being old fashioned now we have zones?
Old 05-12-2019, 06:16 AM   #2894
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Just a thought, but might not this scenario be more easily handled by simply having a Sends Page, identical to the regular channel page, except that the channel rotary controls the send level and the rotary push cycles through the sends? Track banking the same as regular channel Page.

Not old fashioned at all, just an alternate way of doing things, its up to you which makes more sense for your workflow, after all that is, in a nutshell, the whole raison d'etre for the CSI project, integrating your surfaces however you like
Old 05-12-2019, 06:44 AM   #2895
Freex

Quote:

I'll be using my C4 but just thought that anyone with a MCU or the likes, may benefit from the send function being "in its own box" for want of a better term.

"Send button" and you're in the sends,
"pan" and your back to your pan and width functions,

rather than cycling thru on the main page to get back. (Sorry MixMonkey, I picked you up wrong on the scenario, I though you meant having the sends as a continuation of the pan width cycle. although the send Zone would most likely be faster to write in).lol.

As I'm assuming if you left a cycle on a send, then banked to a different channel then back the cycle would still be "in play", or would it default back to pan once you banked?

Just thinking of usable alternative mapping.

Last edited by Freex; 05-12-2019 at 06:49 AM. Reason: for clarification.
Old 05-12-2019, 06:53 AM   #2896
Freex

Quote:
Yup the NoAction Action is for just that.

Thanks for improving the design, perhaps unwittingly

You actually just asked for 2 Navigators, a TrackNavigator and a SendsNavigator.

Hadn't considered that.

Ok, so new syntax for this, we can drop:
Code:
 Navigator TrackNavigator
and do something like this:

Code:
Zone Home
    SendsButton ToggleZone AllSends

Zone AllSends
   Included Zones
      Sends|1-4

Zone Sends|1-4
    TrackNavigator
    SendsNavigator
    Rotary| SendVolume
    RotaryPush| Cycle SendsNavigator

Notice the AllSends Zone which simply contains all the Sends Zones -- this makes the Activation/Deactivation of all Sends by the single SendsButton easy to state.

Once again we see the separation of Activation (all Sends) and Navigation (a Send within a Track).

Does this make sense as a way to handle your Sends scenario ?
With my basic knowledge of code (which I've learnt here btw lol) it seems to make sense.
Glad i could be of use...lol.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:46 PM   #2897
Geoff Waddington

Ok, barely operational, do you want me to put up build to have a sneak peak at ?

There is Track Navigation, Track Touch, and Pan/Width using Zones.

There is no Sends/FX mapping yet.

Might be worth a look just to get used to the new file formats.

Let me know if you are this adventurous
Old 05-12-2019, 03:52 PM   #2898
MixMonkey

Quote:
Let me know if you are this adventurous
Absolutely
Old 05-12-2019, 04:14 PM   #2899
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Absolutely
OK, new build is up.

Make sure to keep copies of the old dll/dylib and the CSI folder in case you have to revert back -- fair warning.

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 05-12-2019 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:06 AM   #2900
Geoff Waddington

New build is up.

Slight tweak:

Code:
Navigator TrackNavigator
becomes just

Code:
TrackNavigator
Old 05-13-2019, 06:29 AM   #2901
airon

Thanks for posting. Checking it out now.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 01:01 PM   #2902
airon

The Faderport 16 works fine with this version.

I used "Studio One" mode, selected the first of the available two midi devices that FP16 presents.

Track selection was fine. The Colour Tracks option worked (green). Banking worked. Automation modes worked, though the OFF button wasn't used. I'd probably put Latch Preview on that instead.

More tomorrow . Interesting zone stuff.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 04:59 PM   #2903
Geoff Waddington

Oh well, made it a day without discovering a bug

Quote:
... I'm assuming if you left a cycle on a send, then banked to a different channel then back the cycle would still be "in play"...
Was thinking about this -- it's intuitively correct -- and was thinking about implementation to make that work, and realized this is state that must be stored in CSI, there is no equivalent state in Reaper -- there is no notion of current send index.

Then Pan/Width jumped to fore of mind.

Yup, if you press Rotary on Track 3 Width works great.

If you then bank, the Width is now on another track, oooops.

We took over the Channel on the surface but ignored its context, the behaviour should follow banking.

So, Zones take over Widgets on Surfaces, but also must be aware of context (Track/Send/etc.).

Once again this is external to Reaper, Reaper does no know about "Pan" or "Width" being the current Surface operation for the Rotary.

The good news is this is one of those formula things -- once applied to Pan/Width, it can easily be applied to Sends index, etc.

The bad news is this state must be stored in the project file to keep everything together, so you will see more CSI entries at the end of the .rpp.

I guess the other good news is that, since we will now persist this state, we can do a pretty ridiculously complete total recall job for the Surfaces

More work to do...
Old 05-13-2019, 07:06 PM   #2904
MixMonkey

Up and running on Windows (with the usual caveats ) Liking the new end stops, much better No time display on MCU though.

I think you may have included the wrong dylib for Mac in the ZIP download. CSI Prefs showing old Surface/Action/FX dropdowns in Surfaces. dylib has old date too.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:59 AM   #2905
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Up and running on Windows (with the usual caveats )
Ugghhh, worked through what I thought was a fix, you're saying it still doesn't survive a config cycle ?

Quote:
Liking the new end stops, much better
Thanks, agree.

Quote:
No time display on MCU though.
Will look into it.

Quote:
I think you may have included the wrong dylib for Mac in the ZIP download. CSI Prefs showing old Surface/Action/FX dropdowns in Surfaces. dylib has old date too.
Thanks, there is something weird going on there, will check into it.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:31 AM   #2906
Geoff Waddington

New build is up.

Quote:
No time display on MCU though
Hopefully fixed.

Quote:
Yup, fixed now -- !@#@$ new Xcode 10 build system, I reverted to the old build system.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:44 AM   #2907
Chris2872

Sorry to ask a question that may have been covered but this thread goes back to 2009 and reading all the replies isn't about to happen. My question is, did the issue with not being able to change tracks on the controller with a mouse click get resolved?

Cheers 👍
Chris2872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:33 AM   #2908
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris2872 View Post
My question is, did the issue with not being able to change tracks on the controller with a mouse click get resolved?

Cheers 👍
Not quite sure, do you mean making sure the selected track is visible ?

If so we did some work on that, not sure it works in the latest version though.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:35 PM   #2909
MalcolmG

Quote:
New build is up.
Yikes! Go away for work for a bit and everything happens

I'm home at the end of the week and and I'll have a play with this then. I've been holding off doing many updates to the wiki until the syntax was reasonably settled. Do you think we're at that point yet? (not totally frozen, obviously, but likely past the point of large changes)

Cheers
Malcolm
MalcolmG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 04:04 PM   #2910
MixMonkey

Quote:
New build is up.
Mac system now running- cheers Still no MCUTimeDisplay though.

Trying to get a feel for the new layout with some baby steps. I created a folder 'C4' in 'Zones' with C4.zon inside:

Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		Buttons
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone Buttons
	BankLeft TrackBank -24
	BankRight TrackBank 24
	ChannelLeft TrackBank -1
	ChannelRight TrackBank 1
ZoneEnd
This works, but now when I quit Reaper I always get an 'Unexpectedly Quit' message with:
Code:
Thread 0 Crashed:: reaper  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010f9d0954 Widget::SetValue(double) + 116
1   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010f9adba1 Widget::Reset() + 33
2   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010f9ad9b5 ControlSurface::Reset() + 101
3   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010f9ad885 Page::ResetAllWidgets() + 101
4   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010f9aa86d Manager::ResetAllWidgets() + 77
5   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010f9aa7bc CSurfIntegrator::~CSurfIntegrator() + 60
6   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010f9aa8a5 CSurfIntegrator::~CSurfIntegrator() + 21
7   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010f9aa8c9 CSurfIntegrator::~CSurfIntegrator() + 25
8   com.cockos.reaper             	0x000000010590e1ef CSurf_Close(bool) + 415
9   com.cockos.reaper             	0x0000000105c4d88c MainProc(HWND__*, unsigned int, unsigned long, long) + 11004
10  ???                           	0x0000000000000010 0 + 16
No idea if the above is in any way useful. Did I make a mistake in the .zon file?
Old 05-14-2019, 04:39 PM   #2911
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Mac system now running- cheers Still no MCUTimeDisplay though.

Trying to get a feel for the new layout with some baby steps. I created a folder 'C4' in 'Zones' with C4.zon inside:

Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		Buttons
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone Buttons
	BankLeft TrackBank -24
	BankRight TrackBank 24
	ChannelLeft TrackBank -1
	ChannelRight TrackBank 1
ZoneEnd
This works, but now when I quit Reaper I always get an 'Unexpectedly Quit' message with:
Code:
Thread 0 Crashed:: reaper  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010f9d0954 Widget::SetValue(double) + 116
1   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010f9adba1 Widget::Reset() + 33
2   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010f9ad9b5 ControlSurface::Reset() + 101
3   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010f9ad885 Page::ResetAllWidgets() + 101
4   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010f9aa86d Manager::ResetAllWidgets() + 77
5   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010f9aa7bc CSurfIntegrator::~CSurfIntegrator() + 60
6   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010f9aa8a5 CSurfIntegrator::~CSurfIntegrator() + 21
7   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010f9aa8c9 CSurfIntegrator::~CSurfIntegrator() + 25
8   com.cockos.reaper             	0x000000010590e1ef CSurf_Close(bool) + 415
9   com.cockos.reaper             	0x0000000105c4d88c MainProc(HWND__*, unsigned int, unsigned long, long) + 11004
10  ???                           	0x0000000000000010 0 + 16
No idea if the above is in any way useful. Did I make a mistake in the .zon file?
Ugghhh... hate crashy bugs, thanks for the report, does it crash like this only with your C4 Zone files ?

Glad Mac is now working

Make sure you get the latest to test Time Display, i snuck a build in about an hour after my last "build is up" post.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:41 PM   #2912
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmG View Post
Yikes! Go away for work for a bit and everything happens

I'm home at the end of the week and and I'll have a play with this then. I've been holding off doing many updates to the wiki until the syntax was reasonably settled. Do you think we're at that point yet? (not totally frozen, obviously, but likely past the point of large changes)

Cheers
Malcolm
Getting there, hopefully by end of week syntax will be reasonably settled, if this last bit goes well.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:44 PM   #2913
MixMonkey

Quote:
Ugghhh... hate crashy bugs, thanks for the report, does it crash like this only with your C4 Zone files ?
Yep, if I take them away and comment out the C4 entry in the .ini, the program exits gracefully.

I'll try the latest DL for the time display.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:58 PM   #2914
Geoff Waddington

Been thinking all day about how to implement a solution to the Pan/Width banking problem.

After working through about 4-5 solutions in my head, all of which were pretty miserable, it hit me:

The Pan/Width/banking issue is a great example of conflating Activation and Navigation.

Long Story Short -- Zones overlay Zones underneath, they do not "travel along" with them in the Navigation Sense.

If you want something that "travels along" use a modifier.

In that sense, RotaryPush for things like Pan/Width, Cycle Sends etc., will become a Modifier, something like:

Code:
Zone Channel|1-8
    RotaryPush| Cycle
    Cycle+Rotary| TrackPan
    Cycle+Rotary| TrackPanWidth
or for Sends:

Code:
Zone Sends|1-4
    RotaryPush| Cycle
    Cycle+Rotary| TrackSend 1
    Cycle+Rotary| TrackSend 2
    Cycle+Rotary| TrackSend 3
    Cycle+Rotary| TrackSend 4
Something like that...

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 05-14-2019 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:59 PM   #2915
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Yep, if I take them away and comment out the C4 entry in the .ini, the program exits gracefully. .
What does the .ini file look like ?
Old 05-14-2019, 05:16 PM   #2916
MixMonkey

Quote:
What does the .ini file look like ?
Without the C4s it looks like this:
Code:
MidiInMonitor Off
MidiOutMonitor Off
VSTMonitor Off

Page Tracks FollowMCP SynchPages NoTrackColoring 0 0 0
MidiSurface XT#1 3 3 MCUXT.mst MCU
MidiSurface XT#2 4 4 MCUXT.mst MCU
MidiSurface MCU 2 2 MCU.mst MCU
MidiSurface XT#3 9 8 MCUXT.mst MCU
MidiSurface XT#4 10 9 MCUXT.mst MCU
With, like this:
Code:
MidiInMonitor Off
MidiOutMonitor Off
VSTMonitor Off

MidiSurface C4_A 5 5 C4.mst C4_A
MidiSurface C4_B 8 7 C4.mst C4_B
Old 05-14-2019, 05:19 PM   #2917
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Without the C4s it looks like this:
Code:
MidiInMonitor Off
MidiOutMonitor Off
VSTMonitor Off

With, like this:
Code:
MidiInMonitor Off
MidiOutMonitor Off
VSTMonitor Off

MidiSurface C4_A 5 5 C4.mst C4_A
MidiSurface C4_B 8 7 C4.mst C4_B
Thanks.

And you say there are still problems in Windows using the config panel -- have to reset /reboot things ?
Old 05-14-2019, 06:03 PM   #2918
MixMonkey

Quote:
Thanks.

And you say there are still problems in Windows using the config panel -- have to reset /reboot things ?
Config panel now works fine zeros and resets the faders like the Mac version.

Problem is when exiting the program. Some of the surfaces don't zero properly and then fail to work when the program is relaunched.

Sometimes power cycling the surfaces brings them back, sometimes it takes restarting the computer (sometimes after a forced shutdown).
Old 05-15-2019, 02:51 AM   #2919
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Config panel now works fine zeros and resets the faders like the Mac version.
Great news !!

Quote:
Problem is when exiting the program. Some of the surfaces don't zero properly and then fail to work when the program is relaunched.

Sometimes power cycling the surfaces brings them back, sometimes it takes restarting the computer (sometimes after a forced shutdown).
Did you by chance also have MidiOutMon on ?

Suspect this may be related to your crash on exit with the C4 file on the Mac...

Stay tuned...
Old 05-15-2019, 06:51 AM   #2920
Geoff Waddington

New build is up.

Put in a possible fix for the crashes on exit for both Mac and Windows.

Please let me know what you find.