Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 08-14-2019, 03:16 PM   #1
Kabur
Human being with feelings

Default Control multiple midi cc's with a single knob?

I want to use a single knob from my controller to record cc1 and cc11 simultaneously. I was looking for a way to do this, but only really found this thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=180051 using two instances of JS: Midi Mapper, one mapping cc1 to cc1 and another mapping cc1 to cc11. The problem with this is that when I record, it still only writes to one midi cc lane. It's just that the lane controls both midi cc's. What I want is to record into both of those lanes simultaneously, so that I can edit them individually later.

Is this hackable?
Kabur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 11:07 PM   #2
mschnell
Human being with feelings

If you want to "write" your knob movement to an automation lane, the information when reading is not Midi any more, so Midi mapper will not help. You can use Misi Slider Top CC to create CC messages from an automation lane, but I don't suppose this is the easiest way here.

You can assign multiple effect parameters to one that is controlled by an automation by [Param] -> Parameter List -> Parameter Modulation -> ... for these plugins. (or do the effect parameters in question need to be controlled by Midi CCs ?)

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote