Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 04-23-2021, 08:36 PM   #1
pax-eterna
Human being with feelings

Default going to try realive, but q re portabel install...

I think I am going to go with the AVLinux MX Edition as the Linux of choice, but as advised by the developer, Realive should be run from a portable install.

Now, I have created that on a thumb drive, so my question is will this still run under the linux OS or will it only work in a windows OS system?

Or alternatively, should I install Reaper with the linux version to my PC and THEN install it again on a thumbdrive [linux version I mean)?

I've read that the Reaper linux is essentially a portable install anyway, but I do have some VST 3 plugs I want to use on the PC.
pax-eterna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 09:04 PM   #2
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax-eterna View Post
I think I am going to go with the AVLinux MX Edition as the Linux of choice, but as advised by the developer, Realive should be run from a portable install.

Now, I have created that on a thumb drive, so my question is will this still run under the linux OS or will it only work in a windows OS system?

Or alternatively, should I install Reaper with the linux version to my PC and THEN install it again on a thumbdrive [linux version I mean)?

I've read that the Reaper linux is essentially a portable install anyway, but I do have some VST 3 plugs I want to use on the PC.
If you made a portable Windows install it will have Windows only .exe executable files. The Linux portable install has different files.

You could however on one flash drive have both a Windows portable REAPER install folder and a Linux portable REAPER install folder.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 09:33 PM   #3
pax-eterna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennbo View Post
If you made a portable Windows install it will have Windows only .exe executable files. The Linux portable install has different files.

You could however on one flash drive have both a Windows portable REAPER install folder and a Linux portable REAPER install folder.
Cool, that might be worth looking into, thanks!
pax-eterna is offline   Reply With Quote