Old 02-21-2011, 10:07 AM   #1
Rjp07044
Human being with feelings

Default Help: FX & delay compensation/freeze

Looking for some help with delay compensation (PDC) and "freezing". I'm working with mostly audio projects, however once in a while I'd like to use VSTi's also. Some of my audio tracks contain plug-ins reporting PDC values that inhibit "real-time" playing of VSTi's. What I'd like to do is "freeze" these tracks... render them, then somehow temporarily disable the original audio tracks with the PDCs so that I can play the VSTi live. If I mute the original audio tracks or disable it's FX chain I see that reaper is still reporting PDC for the track.

How can I temporarily disable PDC? I am aware of the ability to disable PDC on a per plug-in basis but this is cumbersome i.e. if I want to freeze a track I need to go through many steps (render, copy, mute, change PDC for each plug-in etc). and Re-enabling a track will be cumbersome also.

Any recommendations? I am new to reaper coming from Sonar.

Thanks.
Rjp07044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
Fabian

[QUOTE=Rjp07044;690152If I mute the original audio tracks or disable it's FX chain I see that reaper is still reporting PDC for the track.

How can I temporarily disable PDC? [/QUOTE]

Go to Preferences > Audio, and make sure that the option "Do not process muted tracks" is on. That should help, I think.

I usually do "Apply track FX as new take", and then disable the track FX. This should also remove PDC. I think...
Old 02-21-2011, 03:41 PM   #3
Rjp07044

Thanks for the help.... I think that should do it.

This was already the setting, but I think I was under the wrong impression that since the performance meter shows PDCs even for muted tracks they would cause slower latencies. This is not the case. when the tracks are muted they don't add latencies.

Thanks again.
Rjp07044 is offline   Reply With Quote