Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 02-18-2019, 06:58 AM   #1
Colox
Human being with feelings

Default Theme-ing; how change default size of only child tracks?

Last time I looked into the forum, there was a specific Theme Editing subforum. This subforum is gone now, and I'm not sure where to post my question. So I'm posting here, in lack of better knowledge. :P Moderators can move it, if needed.

I'd like to edit my rtconfig.txt file in such a way that only the size proportions for TCP child tracks are affected.

In my theme, a TCP child is indented. This means that a child track looks exactly like a regular track, except that every detail and control on the child track is displaced right, due to the indentation. This causes a child track to look malplaced in relation to the right hand side border of the track area.

I could move the right hand side border outwards, widening the column, and then child tracks fits this area snug as a bug, but the regular tracks kindof 'ends too early' and you see empty space on regular tracks between the rightmost control and the right hand side border.

Or I could move the right hand side border inwards (leftwards), narrowing the column and then I get the opposite problem to the above.

Is there some way to edit my theme, so that only child tracks automatically gets a slightly different layout than regular tracks? I'd like the child tracks to be slightly shorter, horizontally. And preferably without using custom layouts in rtconfig.txt
I have searched the theme-ing commands, but I can't seem to find commands referring to only child tracks.

thanks for any ideas and input
/C

Last edited by Colox; 02-18-2019 at 07:04 AM.
Colox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:29 AM   #2
Colox

Bump, so no comments?
Am I perhaps posting this in the wrong Reaper subforum?
Old 02-19-2019, 02:01 AM   #3
woogish

possibly
woogish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 07:10 AM   #4
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colox View Post
Is there some way to edit my theme, so that only child tracks automatically gets a slightly different layout than regular tracks? I'd like the child tracks to be slightly shorter, horizontally. And preferably without using custom layouts in rtconfig.txt
You already should have a slighty shorter TCP for the child tracks, if the theme uses indentation. But if you want to align the controls of the child track with the controls of the parent track, following post by White Tie might give you some ideas:
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...65&postcount=5
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 04:23 PM   #5
Colox

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
You already should have a slighty shorter TCP for the child tracks, if the theme uses indentation. But if you want to align the controls of the child track with the controls of the parent track, following post by White Tie might give you some ideas:
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...65&postcount=5
Thanks, Xpander. That worked. A little reading, thinking, testing, and there I had it.