Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 07-23-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
ahd
Human being with feelings

Default Double Click On Item - where is setting?

I have recently installed beta 14 over the latest V3 build.

On V3 I had it setup so that when you double click on an item it did not open in editor, but rather it sets the time selection to the bounds of the item.

i can't find the setting to change this back, and since i don't have v3 now if it is me that is the problem, or it is not there anymore.

can anybody help?

(i did this because i was mainly working on audio, and i kept opening the external editor by accident, which was very annoying. now, however, i am working on some midi and pressing ctrl-alt-e is getting tiresome!

i would like if there was a way to make it so that double clicking on a midi item opened it in the editor, but double clicking on an audio item did not)
ahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
ahd
Human being with feelings

Default found it

never mind, found it after reading this thread:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=84098

mouse modifiers has a whole page to itself, pretty cool.

would be nice if the sub options showed up using the "Find" tool though
ahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:38 AM   #3
gofer
-blänk-

Yep, that would help a lot. IMO, the mouse modifier page needs a good chunk of love to really shine. What it does is wonderful, but it's so complex that looking at one modifier context at a time just isn't enough.
Eg, if you are setting something up for alt + left drag on a certain object, you'll want to have that somehow fit to what you set for alt+left click. Things that are being set for alt+left doubleclick need to fit with alt + single left click. And of course you want the mouse behave as consistent as possible in main view and piano roll (eg if [some modifier key]+doubleclick on an item opens properties, you want to have the same modifier key+doubleclick on notes and on CC events open the event properties.

Anytime I venture into the mouse modifier page, I am constantly switching between contexts to see or change what I have set up in the other one. I'd want, say, three modifier contexts in view at the same time.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote