Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 10-30-2006, 03:39 PM   #1
Jae.Thomas
Human being with feelings

Default issue with BFD/multi outputs, not a bug... but... read...

ok.

one of the cool things about reapers routing is the ability to send any track anywhere.

cool.

however, i run into an issue with BFD that is a bit annoying. When i use a multiple out BFD, it automatically assigns channel 1/2 (the overhead channels) to the track BFD is on. it would be cool if that track was like a MASTER, and the tracks below would be the outputs.

the reason im saying this, is because in order to use BFD multiout effectively, you have to make a track for each of the 16 outputs!!! I really dont want to do this.

I would rather hear the WHOLE sound, and then make up tracks for say, channels 1/2,3/4,5/6 combined, then take 7 and 8, sum them into a stereo track (not L/R as it is the kick in and out), and the perhaps take channel 11 and make a track for it.

i dont know if this is getting across, so ill point to my example of how its done in acid:

http://www.cockos.com/forum/showpost...08&postcount=7

its really quite intuitive, cause you dont have to clog your screen up (in the tcp) with tracks, but if there are outputs you need to tweak, they are available for you!

it would just be nice, thats all
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote