Old 11-06-2006, 04:17 PM   #1
psingman
Human being with feelings

Default Nudging tracks?

Hi, I am about to import my audio tracks from Audition. I will surely have to align them. How do you nudge them into position? It took me like a week to figure out how to do it via the CTL=left and right arrows. What is the proper method to use in Reaper to line them up? Thanks for helping me, psingman
psingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:21 PM   #2
olzzon

If you select the tracks oyu wna´t to import in the Xplorer, and right click you can import them all at once on seperate tracks, and alligned. not with reaper right now, so i don´t remember the name
Old 11-06-2006, 10:42 PM   #3
psingman

Hi, don't really understand this reply. You can click on, select all tracks and import them into Reaper all aligned, but then it said, not right now. Can this be done, if so, how, and have others been able to accomplish this and possibly return the tracks to Audition? I keep hearing about this functionality but haven't experienced it. Please reply when you can, so I can begin this maneuvering, DR
Old 11-07-2006, 12:55 AM   #4
olzzon

Quote:
Originally Posted by psingman
Hi, don't really understand this reply. You can click on, select all tracks and import them into Reaper all aligned, but then it said, not right now. Can this be done, if so, how, and have others been able to accomplish this and possibly return the tracks to Audition? I keep hearing about this functionality but haven't experienced it. Please reply when you can, so I can begin this maneuvering, DR
Yeah i was on my way to bed tired u know

What i meant was, that i was not on a machine with reaper at the momement.
So here´s a more clear description:
you select the explorer window (ctrl-alt-x)
select the files you wan´t to import
rightclick on one of them, and select "insert into project as new track"
done
Old 11-07-2006, 03:44 AM   #5
Art Evans
Mortal

You're going to have to explain precisely what you are trying to do in more detail, psingman - how are you exporting these tracks from Audition in the first place? Do the items (clips) in Audition all start from the beginning of the track and carry on to the end of the project (session)? If not, you'll need to sort that out in Audition first. Then it will be easy to insert them into Reaper, also starting at the beginning of the project.
Art Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:29 PM   #6
psingman

HI, yes, I would like to import all the files from Audition into Reaper. How do I accomplish this? Will it bring them in all aligned or will I have to do that. OH, can I bring them in all at the same time, that surely is an important question? Anyway, I am recording right now, so will have to access the forum frequently as using a new recording program requires this assistance, again, thanks for helping, psingman
Old 11-07-2006, 03:38 PM   #7
Art Evans
Mortal

In Audition use File > Export > Audio Mixdown and in the mix down options there, tick "Track: All Tracks and Master (separate files)". That will give you one file from each track which you can then insert into Reaper's tracks (but don't insert the master mixdown from Audition otherwise you'll have the whole thing twice over).
Art Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 04:15 PM   #8
malcolmj

Art,

Does Audition use BWF as its native recording format?

Just wondering if BWF files would be able to be "aligned" automatically.

Cheers,

Malcolm.
malcolmj is offline   Reply With Quote