Old 11-20-2015, 05:28 PM   #1
Phlexter
Human being with feelings

Default Apply SWS Groove via Shortcut ?

Hi, is it possible to create an action chain that lets me apply a sws Groove ( MPC 50 % ) to selected items via a short cut or do I always have to open all those menu's? Would be a big timesaver!

Thank you
Phlexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:40 PM   #2
lachrimae

Hi,

You'd have to load MPC 50% one time, but once you do that you can use a shortcut to execute "Apply groove to selected media items" which is an action that comes with SWS Tools.

You might be interested in this toolbar that I use. The first half is related to the groove tool. The 2nd half is related to randomizing parameters but I'm sharing it too since I think it's cool :

lachrimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 03:18 PM   #3
Phlexter

hey, thanks for the reply, but I didnt get it What do you mean by once ?

Thank you !
Old 11-21-2015, 04:29 PM   #4
lachrimae

Hey no problem:

Once you load the groove that you want, you can apply it as many times as you want (the loaded groove is remembered). You might be able to save your template project with the MPC 50% groove loaded so that it's ready to be applied every time you open your default template...

In this demo I'm loading the groove and applying it to midi items using the Actions window, but you could do the same thing using keyboard shortcuts or from a toolbar:

On a side note: MPC 50% appears to be doing straight quantizing unlike 51% and up which appear to be working correctly. I wonder if that's just an issue with my groove file...
lachrimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 05:43 PM   #5
Phlexter

Wow great thank you very very much !!!
Old 12-01-2018, 03:43 PM   #6
Swi

Default Groove tool shortcut Not working

I have been trying to find a good way to Quantize without opening the midi editor and this seems like the best way but the shortcut does not work for me. I can only make this work by clicking on the apply groove button or double-clicking the groove itself. It will not work if I hit "Run" in the actions list either.
Swi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 07:17 PM   #7
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swi View Post
I have been trying to find a good way to Quantize without opening the midi editor and this seems like the best way but the shortcut does not work for me. I can only make this work by clicking on the apply groove button or double-clicking the groove itself. It will not work if I hit "Run" in the actions list either.
mpl quantize tool.
Old 12-02-2018, 01:24 PM   #8
Swi

I am familiar with the mpl quantize tool and the update to 2.01 is fantastic, however, I just want to hit Q.
I know there are about a half dozen ways to quantize but I would prefer to use these grooves that I have made and saved as well as the groove tool grooves.

If I could put these into the mpl quantize tool and save them as presets and then recall them quickly and execute the quantize function without opening the tool by pressing Q, well then this would solve my problem.

I am living with the midi editor open on my right monitor until I can resolve this.

There is a keystroke in my actions list to execute the groove tool groove that had been selected. It seems the selection does not stay or the action does not work.

To take this a step further I wish these groove tool grooves could be applied t the grid.
Swi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 02:44 PM   #9
nofish

Quote:
Have you done as shown in the gif above, i.e. loading a groove with 'SWS/FNG: Load groove template from file' first before running 'SWS/FNG: Apply groove to selected media items (within 16th)' etc.?
This works for me.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 05:00 PM   #10
foxAsteria

Quote:
I am familiar with the mpl quantize tool and the update to 2.01 is fantastic, however, I just want to hit Q.
Once you set it up, it can be run as an action. Check the actions list.