Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 07-27-2012, 08:35 AM   #41
harmonicaman
Human being with feelings

"+ API: added function to get or insert FX by name"
Thank you cockos, and Gofer for this awesome script ! This is so useful.

Airon and Shan, thanks for the ideas about envelopes. By default I use the multi envelopes lanes, but tried to mimic this idea (well if I understood ) with the custom action "Hide All envelopes for tracks + Show/hide track envelope for last touched Fx parameter" mapped on a midi controller and it's really useful too.
harmonicaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #42
Shan

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonicaman View Post
Airon and Shan, thanks for the ideas about envelopes. By default I use the multi envelopes lanes, but tried to mimic this idea (well if I understood ) with the custom action "Hide All envelopes for tracks + Show/hide track envelope for last touched Fx parameter" mapped on a midi controller and it's really useful too.
This is definitely one step closer. It demonstrates that Cockos could implement it with a modifier and click. It would also need to apply to the pan/mute/volume etc of the TCP and MCP.

With your example above, after I touch a plug-in parameter, I'll have to click somewhere in the TCP to change focus for the command to carry through. Any workaround solution to avoid that extra step?

Shane

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM
Shan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #43
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
+ API: added functions to count, get, and set tempo/time
If I use RPR_SetTempoTimeSigMarker with pt_idx = -1 to insert a new tempo point, all currently selected points get unselected and the new one gets selected.

Is there a way around this other then modifying tempo map's envelope data
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:40 AM   #44
harmonicaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
This is definitely one step closer. It demonstrates that Cockos could implement it with a modifier and click. It would also need to apply to the pan/mute/volume etc of the TCP and MCP.

With your example above, after I touch a plug-in parameter, I'll have to click somewhere in the TCP to change focus for the command to carry through. Any workaround solution to avoid that extra step?

Shane
I don't know if I understand well the sense of "carry through" (my poor english) so it may not help at all, but first I mapped this custom action to a classic shortcut on keyboard, but it didn't work well, even with the "Send all keyboard input to plug-in" unchecked. That's why I mapped it with CC on a external controller and it works without clicking the tcp first.

Edit :
The sad part is that the envelope lane created/opened is not focused, so you can't do other actions on it or I didn't find the action to focus an envelope.
Envelopes often loose focus in general, you want to do an action but the envelope you were editing is not anymore selected.

Last edited by harmonicaman; 07-28-2012 at 01:50 AM.
harmonicaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #45
hopi

I have said this before but don't mind saying it again and again... since it's has become more of a PITA lately:

It's very simple... you can see it easily...

say you have the tcp up and also the Media Explorer up... all on your left monitor [if you have dual mon's] and the ME is positioned about the middle of the screen.,.. the you want to quickly just quit reaper so you clk the X at the upper right of the main reaper window... OK...

the dialog to save or cancel etc. come up hidden by the ME window.
[it don't have to be the ME, anything there will hide it...]

I think that particular dialog should ALWAYS appear on top of ANY other window that happens to be on the screen... you see?