Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2021, 09:59 AM   #32
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdembo View Post
Thats fantastic. Deeply impressive

One of my next purchases is some form of solar panel stuff. Its lame that I havent explored such things sooner.
I'm totally into solar power and keep expanding my arsenal of items I can run using the two solar generator boxes I have now. We had a blackout last year that was going on into the night, and I realized I didn't have any means of making light that could last any length of time, but fortunately the power came back on just as it was getting dark.

The next day I bought the solar generator box on the left, this solar panel, and the USB powered LED lights in this pic that was taken when we had a three day blackout from an ice storm.

The box I built last week was for me a science project that now powers stuff on my patio, like an 18" USB powered ceiling fan, 8" USB table fan, USB lights, a 12v HDTV with HDMI and USB so I can plug my Roku into it.

For a test to see how long and how much I could run on my DIY solar box I connected a JBL speaker that needed a charge, 12v HDTV playing through the JBL, ceiling fan, and desk fan. I ran that with the solar panel connected from 9:00am until 8:30pm when it was getting dark. I disconnected the solar panel and connected two LED lights running it all on pure battery until 1:30am when I was burned out. The battery still had 40% charge and charged up to full with the panel in two hours.

https://sclkssl.ssl.hwcdn.net/73/img...205_809557.jpg

I'm super impressed at how far I can go using juice I snatched from the Sun. My 12v HDTV and a Raspberry Pi could run all day and most of the night during a blackout.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote