Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 06-15-2010, 08:42 AM   #1
Reflected
Human being with feelings

Default "Add FX to" window. -> Details view (with columns)

TRACKER

I don't like the "VST:" or the "(company)" entries. it doesn't look good...

I prefer to order my plugins by company/type and have separate colomns for extra entries..

columns makes it realy simple and practical.

Enable colomns view from 'Option -> details view'

"Quick" Mockup (pay me!)
[img]http://img695.**************/img695/6135/fxcolumns2.png[/img]
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:36 AM   #2
gofer
-blänk-

Nice one

I'd like to add separate columns for the original reported name and the alias name.

Voted.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:00 PM   #3
Reflected

I know what will happen...

just like in the past I changed the names of the DLLs because FLstudio, and then I needed to change all the names back to the original names because there is a new feature which finnaly help to organize plugins properly...

same will happen with the plugins in reaper, I spend lots of time organizing and renaming plugins...eventually it will be a waste of time because this is something which could be done automatically, 100 times faster and better with a little help from the devs.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:32 PM   #4
AdamWathan

This is a great idea, +1.
AdamWathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:00 AM   #5
RBowlin

Anything that will bring a measure of organization to the FX stuff I'm all for. +1.

-Rich
RBowlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #6
hopi

yep.... fx browser need lots of work... columns could help...

what has been the best for me is the workaround idea to load up each fx, then save each single one as an fx chain... then in the fx chain folder, organize those into sub folders by your choice of names...

This can also let you make copies of the same fx into various sub folders...... my standard example is that I will have comp\limiters in both the sub folder for compressors and the subfolder for limiters.....

So for your tastes, you could have a subfolder by developer and also another subfolder for fx kind... [verb, delay, etc]

This is a bit tedious [took me all of a day to get it started] but now it's easy to add to and maintain and to adjust... and it lets you use them via the quick load rt clk.....
Old 06-16-2010, 01:34 PM   #7
Reflected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
yep.... fx browser need lots of work... columns could help...

what has been the best for me is the workaround idea to load up each fx, then save each single one as an fx chain... then in the fx chain folder, organize those into sub folders by your choice of names...

This can also let you make copies of the same fx into various sub folders...... my standard example is that I will have comp\limiters in both the sub folder for compressors and the subfolder for limiters.....

So for your tastes, you could have a subfolder by developer and also another subfolder for fx kind... [verb, delay, etc]

This is a bit tedious [took me all of a day to get it started] but now it's easy to add to and maintain and to adjust... and it lets you use them via the quick load rt clk.....
my fx chains list already lose its importance due to overload...I try to set higher conditions and give better names...but it won't help.

same with template and presets and whatever...

the whole organization systems need improvements..
Old 06-16-2010, 05:43 PM   #8
hopi

just to be sure we are clear... I am talking about the method by Ngarjuna as discussed here:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...hlight=browser

He had to explain it to me twice before I really got the concept...

Not to say fx browser don't need work... it does!

For starters there really should be some way to set any fx to not be loaded... FLStudio still does this the best IMHO as you can change that on the fly... but Qbase also has a method as well.... There are many plugs that show as both DX and VST... it would be nice to able shut off one or the other... I know we can totally shut of DX but that don't work well because there are a few plugs [for me] that are DX only.... so it should be a one by one method.... call it clutter reduction...

Oh while on this general subject, why do we need the fx chain window to load the fx gui's into it's right panel? why not just have a very small fx chain window where dbl clking the fx name float the fx's GUI? I really have come to hate that fx chain window

Last edited by hopi; 06-16-2010 at 06:15 PM.
hopi is offline   Reply With Quote