Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
Seventh
Human being with feelings

Default 2D Theme: ReaLax

The theme contains some elements and colors from the default theme (modified transport bg, envelope colors, item buttons..), and from the RADO Vox theme by Vstyler (MIDI editor note bg colors are perfect, trying to change them just made it worse ). Also the MCP folder indent hack was originally devised by WT.

Screenshots and suggested layouts:

Download here

Notes:

Please enable the action "Mixer: Clickable icon for folder tracks to show/hide children" to get the mixer folder indicators to work. You can find it in the actions list. It's supposed to look like this:

Recommended metering preferences (this way the meter color ranges match: inf to -24 green, -23 to -6 yellow, over -6 red). Also the lower setting is optional to set the fader zero point higher (if you don't need the additional range). Looks better imo.

Here's an optional MIDI note color map to use with this theme. I downloaded it a long time ago from the stash so I'm not sure who made it, but it works well with the 2D look and the color scheme of the MIDI editor.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14081178/Re...e_colormap.png

Please make sure that you're running the latest version of Reaper. Versions older than 4.23 don't support knob stacks which is required for the pan/width knobs.

Mac users might have to change some of the fonts, since the ones I used aren't probably compatible with OSX.

This is a beta version so please report here if you find any bugs or incosistencies, which you probably will.

Known bugs:
  • Toolbar icons are defaulted to classic ones instead of the v4 ones. I'm working on a fix for this, but in the meantime you could change them manually if you wish.

• Some people report missing pan knobs (Might be due to using an older version of Reaper). Also the dual pan knob is skewed.

Updates:

24.9. Cleaned up some PNGs and changed a few colors

24.9. 2: fixed some PNGs, added input fx and envelope state indicators to MCP, and made the track selection indication in TCP more prominent

24.9. 3: Font reafinements and other fine-tuning

25.9. Improved transport compatibility for smaller resolutions, uploaded a MIDI note color map

28.9. Added layouts: Transport with separate repeat button, mcp separator. Made toolbar button depressed state lighter.

1.10. Added layout: extended tcp with volume knob and fx. Added input fx when recarmed to tcp layouts with fx. Fixed some PNGs and alignments.

24.10. Added layout without the mcp folder indents. Also some minor fixes.

14.2. Several changes and improvements.

Last edited by Seventh; 02-13-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Seventh is offline   Reply With Quote