Old Today, 02:44 AM   #1
Xasman
Human being with feelings

Default Audible Planets

I just discovered this free (and, AFAICT open source) synth and have just spent a very fun 30 minutes or so playing with it.

"Audible Planets is an expressive, quasi-Ptolemaic semi-modular synthesizer for Windows, Mac, and Linux."

It seems very cool indeed and since no one has posted about it yet, I thought you guys might like to know about it.

There are also a bunch of downloadable presets available. So far, it seems to be working well with REAPER 7.14 running on Manjaro KDE.
Xasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:02 AM   #2
SmajjL

Never seen this one! good catch Xas
I am starting to think if "AI" (as a Tool) are speeding up helping coders beeing faster or could help them commit to more advanced complicated projects than ever before, not saying this is the case, just crossed my mind that we might see more cool stuff in the near future *say yes*

Since REAPER is synth-naked (no pants) as Donald Duck, it sure does not hurt adding this one to the arsenal, thank you!

Last edited by SmajjL; Today at 03:09 AM. Reason: Did i just say that?... oki... :)
SmajjL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:45 AM   #3
mike@overtonedsp

Quote:
I am starting to think if "AI" (as a Tool) are speeding up helping coders beeing faster...
There's no such thing as AI Its not 'intelligent' (yet). It might eventually make us (software developers) obsolete though - perhaps you could say that I don't believe in AI but I'm afraid of it (to paraphrase a well known quote). History has shown that these things always start out innocently enough, by being a 'tool designed to make your work easier...' that's progress I guess...
mike@overtonedsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:48 AM   #4
elcalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallaby View Post
How to install this on Mac ? I did download the Zip, copy folder into effects doesn't work.
Well, this is the Linux forum, so I have no clue about Macs... but the page says: "On Mac OS, place the VST3 file in ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3 and/or the AU file in ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components."
Old Today, 03:57 AM   #5
Wallaby

Thank you very much, I found it and surprisingly the AU works nicely.
Wallaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:30 AM   #6
SmajjL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@overtonedsp View Post
There's no such thing as AI Its not 'intelligent' (yet). It might eventually make us (software developers) obsolete though - perhaps you could say that I don't believe in AI but I'm afraid of it (to paraphrase a well known quote). History has shown that these things always start out innocently enough, by being a 'tool designed to make your work easier...' that's progress I guess...
Ohh ca-moOuon! you knew what i ment and also that's why i insisted to add (as a Tool, helper) and maby there will be some casualties on the dev side and other workrelated stuff i'm sure, but i choose to see it as an helper for devs and humanity to improove stuff faster and not to wait for a 12 year old to go through Harvard, we can do stuff NOW! and hopefully things will improove i am suuuure
I don't need it to be intelligent per say, just able to do stuff way quicker based on what clever humans (and stoopid) tought it :

You are a dev, and if you ask me, use it! / try it (if you have not) ask Bing/Copilot nerdy questions in a way that only You (Mike) can and see what pops up.
.. or any other "AI" that is around to test what is your fav "AI" (helper)

Then after that - you can say that you Did try it and you are sorry, but you think you are faster and contain more information than a 'supercomputer/datacenter'.. and you prefeer going to the library oldschool *me hides*

If i would like a VST or an whole OS made 100% by an "AI" and a human dev has not even reviewd it? then i'm not ready either lol

Ps, Audible Planets even support MPE and scaling! *free commercial!*

Last edited by SmajjL; Today at 05:20 AM. Reason: one small letter, huuuge diff! lol :)
SmajjL is offline   Reply With Quote