Old 09-26-2020, 09:21 AM   #1
Coachz
Human being with feelings

Default Scroll speed over TCP?

Is there a way to increase the vertical scroll speed over the TCP section? Thanks
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 10:01 AM   #2
Kenny Gioia

Does this help?

https://youtu.be/SrWq7D-T5bI
Kenny Gioia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 11:13 AM   #3
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Gioia View Post
Thanks Kenny. I have a custom action for vertical scrolling but it seems to only apply to arrange view. My vertical action scrolls a page at a time but on tcp it's just track by track scrolling. I hope you're doing well.
Old 09-26-2020, 09:52 PM   #4
panicaftermath

Does the navigator help, for quickly "scrolling" from the bottom to the top of the project?
panicaftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 03:59 AM   #5
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by panicaftermath View Post
Does the navigator help, for quickly "scrolling" from the bottom to the top of the project?
I can scroll quickly over the arrange view. I simply want faster scrolling options over the TCP.
Old 03-16-2023, 12:52 PM   #6
SilenceBetweenWords

I am also looking for the same thing.

Has anyone managed to find a way of increasing the scroll speed while the mouse is over the TCP? I can only increase the vertical scroll speed when the mouse is over the arrangement view.
SilenceBetweenWords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 02:37 PM   #7
Coachz

+1,000,000
Old 03-16-2023, 09:23 PM   #8
skylar_battles

It seems TCP scroll is unaffected by settings. For example, I've had an issue for a while now where "View: zoom vertically" doesn't respect the reverse state I have designated when I hover over the TCP. I imagine it's part of the same underlying issue. but that's just a guess.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=273166

Last edited by skylar_battles; 03-22-2023 at 01:33 AM.
skylar_battles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 06:20 AM   #9
virelai

Same issue for me, only I need to slow down the vertical scrolling when my mouse is positioned over the tcp.

I have custom actions for the mousewheel, I'm not using reaper defaults, for a lot of stuff really. I should mention I use the magic mouse, which has touch scrolling, and does both vertical and horizontal scrolling, something like a trackpad, only without the need to use more than one finger, but just changing the direction, up and down for vertical scrolling, left and right for horizontal scrolling.

So, I've got the "HorizWheel" shortcut set to scroll horizontally in the arrange view, only with two "Modify MIDI CC/Mousewheel: 0.5x" at the beginning, all bundled in a custom action, to slow down the horizontal scroll.

Then I have the Mousewheel shortcut set to another custom action, which zooms in and out horizontally, again with two "Modify MIDI CC/Mousewheel: 0.5x" at the beginning of the custom action, to slow down zooming too.

But when I hover the mouse over to the tcp, and use the mousewheel shortcut (up and down finger motion on the magic mouse), it scrolls the tracks up and down, as it should and as I would want, though, at a higher speed than I would want.

Also, making a new custom action, with a lot of "Modify MIDI CC/Mousewheel: 0.5x" at the beginning and "View: Scroll vertically" at the end, and giving it the "Mousewheel" shortcut, doesn't affect the tcp at all, while doing so with my custom action for zooming or scrolling horizontally does affect the zooming and scrolling actions, slowing them down to a point where they barely move.

So the problem seems to be that there is no way to affect the scrolling speed when the mouse is hovering over the tcp, there's no action in the action list that refers to it, and Ι'm not surprised with this, since it's sharing the same shortcut as my custom action for horizontal zooming, something that is just not possible (two actions sharing the same shortcut).

And finally, there seems to be nothing about controlling the tcp scrolling speed in the options.

Can please someone shed some light on this topic?

Thanks

Last edited by virelai; 03-29-2023 at 12:56 AM.
virelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 07:11 AM   #10
skylar_battles

I really believe it is a current limitation. I tried everything to figure out my "reverse" issue I posted above.
skylar_battles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 01:11 AM   #11
virelai

Ok, found what was causing the issue.
I should mention though that, I'm on a pc with windows 11, and as I already said, I'm using magic mouse, with Magic Mouse Utilities installed. I have to mention this because it's a bit of a niche situation.
So, disabling smooth scrolling in Magic mouse utilities, slows down the tcp scrolling, and now it's doing track by track scrolling as it should, and not rushing to the last track just with a touch of my finger, as it was doing with smooth scrolling selected!
virelai is offline   Reply With Quote