Old 12-13-2017, 09:19 AM   #1
davesmith3141
Human being with feelings

Default Zebra 2 program change (SOLVED)

Hello Friends,

I've recently purchased Zebra 2 but am unable to get program changes to function. I've been working with u-he support but they haven't been able to help me. I've created a subdirectory under "Midi Programs" and have added patches to this directory. I send CC#0 with a value of 1 to select the subdirectory and then a PC command of value 1 to select the second patch in the directory but Zebra doesn't change to the second patch. It stays on whatever is loaded when the project starts up. It obeys volume change and notes sound so Zebra is receiving the midi messages. Anybody have any insight into my problems?

Thanks for your help!

-Dave
davesmith3141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:51 AM   #2
davesmith3141

Default ReaControlMidi

I've added this plugin to the track along with my Zebra 2 plugin. I noticed that the CC#0 doesn't show up in the midi activity log. The program change command does.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:53 AM   #3
davesmith3141

Default Resolved

I'm not sure what I did but everything is now working as expected. This is resolved.
Old 07-29-2018, 04:16 PM   #4
granulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith3141 View Post
I've added this plugin to the track along with my Zebra 2 plugin. I noticed that the CC#0 doesn't show up in the midi activity log. The program change command does.
I was just about to pose the question about the Zebra/patch change commands when I saw your post. Would you be kind enough to expand a bit how the use of ReaControl helped solving the patch change issue with Zebra, please?
granulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:51 PM   #5
gwok

If I remember correctly, with U-He plugins, not only do the patches have to be loaded into the midi program bank, but you also have to reload the synth as the midi program bank gets loaded into RAM when the instance is loaded. So if your working along and put patches into the midi bank and they don't work, that might be why.
gwok is offline   Reply With Quote