Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 01-11-2020, 05:32 PM   #1
gaiamuse
Human being with feelings

Default SOLVED - Arturia Keylab Essential 61 & Reaper 6.02

I recently purchased a Keylab Essential 61 for the purpose of working with Reaper and also renewed my licence to 6.0. Most of basics(transport controls, knobs, faders for ananlog 4, octave buttons, etc) that I have tried work within Reaper. The issue I have so far that does not work is the display on the keyboard. It will not display the intruments/presets for selection. This works with Ableton 10 lite that came with keyboard. I would like to look at the screen on the keyboard instead of always the computer screen to see the selection in Analog lab 4. Firmware has been upgraded.

I wrote to Arturia and this is their reply:

"Sorry for the inconvenience but this is a known issue and its related to how Reaper handles the MIDI Ports. The DevTeam is working on a solution for this but it also depends on the Reaper side, so please contact them also."

Reaper: 6.02

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers gaiamuse

Last edited by gaiamuse; 01-25-2020 at 06:58 PM.
gaiamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 02:56 PM   #2
billybuck

Default My Keylab Essentials works in 5.9x

I have the Essential 49 and it's able to change/view preset names from the Analog Lab 4 VST3 in Reaper 5.9x, 64 bit (Windows 10). I'm wondering if there was a change in Reaper 6 that made them non-compatible? I'm going to be very cautious about upgrading until I find out.

I had the original, old Keylab 49 (MK I) and had the same issues you're seeing - the controls did change the mapped parameters, but Reaper never sent the info back to the Keylab so its screen wouldn't update to show the preset names. Sometimes you could browse preset names when the unit was first turned on, but usually as soon as you clicked anything on the controller, the names would vanish and you'd be browsing blind.

I spent about a year searching forums and learning more about MIDI, MCU, OSC, etc. than I ever wanted to know, only to decide it wasn't going to work.

I "updated" to the Essential and all seems to be working as advertised so far. I use the quotes there because the original Keylab was a pretty substantial instrument with a metal case and a nice key bed - the Essential is more like a plastic toy by comparison. The working integration was more important for me, though.

Analog Lab 4 seems pretty stable in Reaper 5.9x, but I do occasionally have problems with the individual instruments in Arturia's V Collection when used as VST's. Often, they'll just silently crash. I can see that the keyboard is sending midi, but there's no sound from the plugin - even when using the built-in virtual keyboard. In those cases, I have to "offline" the FX in Reaper and then then turn it back on. That does the trick, but it's a pain. The crashes seem to occur most frequently when changing presets.

One thing I don't like about Arturia's control method is that if you change a preset mid-song, AL doesn't use standard MIDI Program Change, so it won't be noted in the midi recording values. I've found it's safest to always record audio output on a second channel in addition to the MIDI channel.

Last edited by billybuck; 01-14-2020 at 02:57 PM. Reason: spelling errors
billybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 01:11 AM   #3
gaiamuse

Default Worked in 5.9x too but not in 6.x

Thank you very much for your reply Billybuck. Yes I got the display to work in 5.9x too and was so excited with the new controller decided to upgrade to 6.0.

Just to confirm midi settings on Windows 10:

Midi Devices are enabled to: Arturia Keylab Essential 61 for Input and Output
Control/OSC/Web is set to: Mackie Control Universal (follow directions on Arturia site) with Midi Input = MIDIN2, Midi Output = MIDIOUT2

I have also set the plugins/vst to include the VST3 folder on Windows where the VST3 version of Analog Lab 4 is located.

Devs is there any other settings I should be using for version 6.x?

cheers,
gaiamuse
Old 01-18-2020, 08:50 PM   #4
themixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiamuse View Post
I recently purchased a Keylab Essential 61 for the purpose of working with Reaper and also renewed my licence to 6.0. Most of basics(transport controls, knobs, faders for ananlog 4, octave buttons, etc) that I have tried work within Reaper. The issue I have so far that does not work is the display on the keyboard. It will not display the intruments/presets for selection. This works with Ableton 10 lite that came with keyboard. I would like to look at the screen on the keyboard instead of always the computer screen to see the selection in Analog lab 4. Firmware has been upgraded.

I wrote to Arturia and this is their reply:

"Sorry for the inconvenience but this is a known issue and its related to how Reaper handles the MIDI Ports. The DevTeam is working on a solution for this but it also depends on the Reaper side, so please contact them also."

Reaper: 6.02

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers gaiamuse
Not sure the compatibility with Reaper 6 as I sold my Essential, but it worked great with version 5.983, last I checked.

But if you want total parameter control on your screen, you're better off with a Komplete Kontrol keyboard by NI, if you want to see every parameter of your synth plugins, from the keyboard itself (the Komplete Kontrol plugin is really, really awesome for and with this-- even a used Komplete keyboard, the S-series MK1). Or, Novation's SL MKIII, and with the DrivenByMoss plugin/script by Jurgen Mossgraber (check the Reaper Q&A section even though it should be in this section)... that also gives you tons of parameters onscreen with Device mode... really great.

The Keylab Essential 61 is a great little board.... but again, not sure of any bugs with Reaper 6.

Certain controllers offer more visual feedback than others. Obviously the more expensive ones offer this in much greater detail... the Keylab is dope but I am much happier with my SL MKIII and my Komplete Kontrol S25 (25 key, tons of info on the screens using the Komplete Kontrol plugin). That's why I sold my Essential.

Hope this helps!
Old 01-20-2020, 12:38 AM   #5
gaiamuse

Many thanks themixtape for your comments! Most appreciated.

Yes, I have the Kontrol M32 to work with Komplete Kontrol and Komplete Ultimate 12. I use the ReaKontrol plugin .93 or .94 and for most of the basics works with M32 even though it is designed for the S series. And yes, I get great preset display. Only thing this isn't working with latest 0.95 upgrade (for some reason doesn't enable track instance). It is a great little Controller and has opened up new possibilities using it with Komplete Kontrol.

I really like both of the Controllers that I recently purchased. I am just baffled why the Arturia Keylab Essential on board display doesn't work in 6.0 but did in 5.x -

Is there anyone else who has a Keylab Essential and has purchased Reaper 6.0?

cheers,
gaiamuse
Old 01-20-2020, 02:15 AM   #6
billybuck

Gaiamuse, I take it you have output for the Keylab enabled in MIDI device preferences?
Old 01-20-2020, 02:23 AM   #7
Cranky Emu

I am not sure what is going on with yours. But for me mine works perfectly, I can see pans, vol, VSTi in use on the display all the expected info.
Old 01-20-2020, 02:44 PM   #8
gaiamuse

Hi billybuck & Cranky Emu

My settings are what was used in 5.x

Midi Devices are enabled to: Arturia Keylab Essential 61 for Input and Output
Control/OSC/Web is set to: Mackie Control Universal (follow directions on Arturia site) with Midi Input = MIDIN2, Midi Output = MIDIOUT2
Also Arturia has a midi control app and suppose to set this to MCC for Reaper.

I leave Midin2 & Midiout2 not enabled in Midi Devices because I have set these in Control/OSC/Web.
I tried the other way around but still didn't work.

Cranky Emu, what are your settings and are you on Win10 x64?

Cheers
gaiamuse
Old 01-20-2020, 08:12 PM   #9
Cranky Emu

I have attached an image, hope you can see it ok. If not PM me and I will put it somewhere else for you.

You will see it is saying in image not present, ignore that part. Just the keyboard is not currently connected. Doing a re-arrange.

There are two entries for it, one as midi device and one as controller. I don't recall which was which. But hope this helps you a little bit. And yeah I used the MCU protocol as well.

I used to have it as my controller, but now using the Akai MPD218 pad as my controller.
Attached Images
File Type: png props.png (31.9 KB, 775 views)
Old 01-25-2020, 11:25 AM   #10
billybuck

Gaiamuse, did copying Emu's setup fix the issue? I'm still sticking with 5.9x until I'm sure your Keylab's working correctly in 6.0x.

I noted in a recent bug fix thread you mentioned that 6.0x isn't passing LegacyMIDICCOutEvent in VST3's. How did you narrow the problem down to that specific event?

I'm wondering if one of the many user-created type of scripts that translate midi/Mcu data from one cc to another could be a temporary solution. They'd have to be placed after Analog Lab in the plugin chain, to catch the output, but if you knew what the VST3 was sending after a preset change, it might be possible to capture it via plugin script and translate it to whatever output the Keylab expects when a preset change is noted.

Speaking of VST3, do you have the same hardware/vsti disconnect with the non-vst3 version?

[Note to Reaper devs: My current license expires with 5, so having someone spend 30 minutes on this could largely pay for itself and then go on to maintain compatibility with one of the current top-selling controllers in the market--one that's currently boasting of full plug-n-play Reaper compatibility in its marketing.]
Old 01-25-2020, 06:51 PM   #11
gaiamuse

Default SOLVED - Arturia Keylab Essential 61 & Reaper 6.02

Hi billybuck,

Sorry, Emu's set up was difficult to follow as there was no setting to show what to and what not to enable in the Midi Devices which I now discovered was the issue - I really appreciate the help as it confirm that it can work with 6.x
After a number of hours going through different combinations, I almost gave up until I found an old Ableton Live query for Analog 3 which was describing exactly the issue I was having- could see daw settings like vol. pan etc on the disply but no presets for the Analogue VSTi on the controller display.

SOLVED: I can confirm now that it works with 6.x on Win10.

My settings are:

Analogue 4 - In Audio/Midi devices -enable both Arturia Keylab 61 and MIDIIN2

Arturia's Midi Control Centre - In Device Settings/DAW Mode - choose Mackie Control & installed most recent firmware 1.1.6

REAPER 6.x Preferences
Midi Devices - Midi Inputs - Only Enable Keylab Essential 61 (can also enable input for control messages if you wish)
DO NOT ENABLE anything in the MIDI OUTPUTS - causes analogue's display for Analgoue presets not to work on the display for the controller
CONTROL/OSC/WEB - Add Control Surface and choose Mackie Control Universal and choose MIDIIN2 for midi input and MIDIOUT2 for midi output.

With regard to bug fix thread I didn't discover that bug, just was trying to see if latest dev reaper install may have fixed this which it did not - was entirely another issue.

So all good to upgrade to Reaper 6.x for Win10 if you wish

Again, thanks to you and Emu for all your help and encouragement. Most appreciated.

cheers,
gaiamuse

Last edited by gaiamuse; 01-25-2020 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:12 AM   #12
billybuck

Glad you got it going! I spent literally a couple years combing thru various forums looking for a fix for the Keylab MKI and finally gave up and upgraded to the MKII after reports they'd improved the integration. It felt like throwing good money after bad, but I really wanted the thing to work because I'd also purchased the V Collection and the emulations are excellent.

I never thought of looking for users of other DAW's with similar issues -- smart move on your part.

I believe I did try turning off MIDI device output on the MKI. I must have tried every permutation of settings, and there were literally hundreds of users with similar issues in the Arturia forums and the dedicated forum on KVR, but Arturia never responded to any of them.

Sometimes the MKI would show presets for a few minutes, then, nada, even in standalone mode. Much better experience with the MKII, and the DAW control seems solid, if a little limited. I also have an Akai MIDIMix control surface, so between the two I can cover most things in Reaper, but I've resigned myself to the idea that unless I want to dedicate a month of my life to custom mapping and scripting, I'm always going to be using a mouse and keyboard as my primary interface.

I'm waiting patiently for MIDI 2.0, which is rumored to simplify this sort of thing.
Old 02-18-2020, 11:35 PM   #13
billybuck

This thread is marked solved, and I can confirm that my Keylab MKII works largely as advertised in Reaper 6--I can browse presets and see them displayed on the controller"s LCD. However, I have noticed that if I have Arturia VSTi's loaded on multiple tracks (one instrument per track), my Keylab occasionally loses the ability to control and view presets - even with only one track armed. I haven't had a chance to experiment and find exactly how many tracks breaks the camel's back.
Old 08-04-2023, 10:20 AM   #14
mabian

Here we are again with Keylab Essential mk3 49 keys... I have managed to set up the various keys (even the play/stop ones) but the preset names and controls in the display with Analog V don't work at all - everything works correctly with Analog V standalone though.

The best settings I could get to are:

In MIDI devices input
Keylab Essential ALV -> "All" and "Input"
Keylab Essential MCU/HUI -> "Control" only
Keylab Essential DINTHRU -> Off
Keylab Essential MIDI -> "All" and "Input"

In MIDI devices output
Keylab Essential ALV -> "Output"
Keylab Essential MCU/HUI -> Off
Keylab Essential DINTHRU -> Off
Keylab Essential MIDI -> Off

Control Surface -> Nothing

I can do everything with this setting, all the controls even work with Analog V, but the display simply doesn't update with preset names and controls.

Enabling MCU/HUI in ControlSurface (disabling them in MIDI devices) only make things worse because the buttons are no longer assignable to REAPER shortcuts.

In Arturia MIDI Control Center i have all transport buttons emitting only DawControl messages.

Any hint?

Thanks,
Mario
mabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 12:32 PM   #15
mabian

Well it seems I did it... I have to stay in "Arturia" to use Analog Lab V, totally expected.
But in this mode most of my custom buttons also seem to work, except the metronome.
And Analog Lab V browsing works fine.

To use the full custom button set I just have to move to my User1 (renamed "REAPER") prog mode (in "Arturia" mode the metronome button is sending only CC messsages, no DawControl messages, thus REAPER is not able to map it to an action like "Toggle metronome").

The trick that seems to have solved is to have NO Keylab outputs enabled at all.
And... no control surface device needs to be set seemingly.

Hope the screenshots can help who like me has been banging a bit the head against the wall...

Thanks,
Mario
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KLE_Settings.jpg (58.8 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg KLE_Example.jpg (111.4 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg KLE_REAPER1.jpg (86.2 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg KLE_REAPER2.jpg (58.4 KB, 152 views)
Old 08-12-2023, 02:03 PM   #16
stephenhero

Default So glad for the help, but I don't have the same columns in MIDI

This is so helpful, as other suggestions don't seem to be doing the trick. However, I'm not seeing the same column indicators for my MIDI devices in the hardware settings view, and I'm not sure how to get the same settings you have. I've attached an image of what I'm seeing--if you could help me figure out what I'm doing wrong, I would really appreciate it.
Attached Images
File Type: png reaper midi sample.png (44.5 KB, 122 views)
stephenhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 01:39 AM   #17
mabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenhero View Post
This is so helpful, as other suggestions don't seem to be doing the trick. However, I'm not seeing the same column indicators for my MIDI devices in the hardware settings view, and I'm not sure how to get the same settings you have. I've attached an image of what I'm seeing--if you could help me figure out what I'm doing wrong, I would really appreciate it.
You are right, my screenshot is from a REAPER pre-release I'm using, sorry for that.
Anyway, this is only a GUI layout matter, the relevant settings are already there also in 6.81: if you double click any midi port in the MIDI devices window the dialog that shows up for allows to set that port for normal input/output and/or, for MIDI input devices, "control device" as a separate checkbox (which is the key setting to have reaper being able to bind the keyboard controls as action shortcuts).

I hope that helps.
BTW, I'm in touch with Arturia tech support about this whole topic; they're a bit scratching their head because what they suggest for REAPER in their support documentation does not actually work. At least, not in REAPER v6 and at least for me with KL Essential mk3.

This is what I found and I think it's not accurate or not up to date...

https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us...eral-Questions

https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us...al-Tips-Tricks

https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us...AW-Integration

Mk3 is not yet mentioned as officially supported. Furthermore, they describe the ALV port as needed to send text from Analog Lab V to the DAW. This is not what I'm seeing, I have the ALV port completely disabled and, at least in Arturia Prog mode, I can see all the preset and parameter names in the keyboard display while tweaking it...

Finally, if I also configure the MCU/HUI midi port as Control surface, often REAPER complains because it cannot open it - probably it's already opened.

- Mario
Old 08-13-2023, 03:44 PM   #18
stephenhero

Default Thanks again!

I'm such a Noob at this MIDI stuff that I'm going to have to spend some time looking over your suggestions, but very much appreciate your providing them. Am I right in thinking that, while you have been able to cobble together a means of getting the MK 3 working in Reaper, it's both a) less than ideal; and b) something that the Arturia staff themselves have not yet addressed? If so, then I'll apply myself to your solution, and hopefully look forward to hearing back from you when the Arturia folks develop an easier, more straightforward solution--hopefully, you'll be so kind as to keep us informed of your progress.

Thanks again. Really.
stephenhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 04:20 PM   #19
mabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenhero View Post
I'm such a Noob at this MIDI stuff that I'm going to have to spend some time looking over your suggestions, but very much appreciate your providing them. Am I right in thinking that, while you have been able to cobble together a means of getting the MK 3 working in Reaper, it's both a) less than ideal; and b) something that the Arturia staff themselves have not yet addressed? If so, then I'll apply myself to your solution, and hopefully look forward to hearing back from you when the Arturia folks develop an easier, more straightforward solution--hopefully, you'll be so kind as to keep us informed of your progress.

Thanks again. Really.
Actually, I'm quite happy with what I have achieved until now, and I still have to fine tune my setup. I can play, stop, fwd, rew, toggle metronome, toggle cycle repeat with the proper KL keys.

And browse Analog Lab V presets without having to touch the PC keyboard and mouse even having multiple instances of Analog Lab V in the same REAPER project.

I wouldn't say it's less than ideal. It's even more than I hoped, considering Arturia is not advertising REAPER as "natively" integrated with mk3 Essential while other DAWs like Cubase and Ableton Live are instead.

So, I honestly suggest this keyboard even with REAPER. It also comes with quite valuable virtual instruments that alone are worth the price of the keyboard itself, I consider myself pretty much satisfied

- Mario
Old 11-25-2023, 09:26 PM   #20
slooky

I am going to try this, thank you Mabian. Might be later, I'm on my tablet right now.
slooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 11:02 AM   #21
slooky

I got mine to work with Reaper. All controls work. I found when you arm a track you have to put in Midi KL-essential 49 and then it works.
slooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 12:46 PM   #22
VedunianArt

Hello all!

I am at a loss here. Tried to follow some of your steps, but I couldn't get it to work properly.
If I may add the background of my issues:

- today I unpacked my KL Essential 61 MK3 and set it up (installed all the drivers, midi control, software, registered it, etc...)
- everything worked fine in standalone mode in Engine, Kontakt, and the new Analog Lab
- I started making music and wanted to set up my KL in Reaper (latest version 7.07)

Then the problems started:

- the key controls where everywhere. All the keys and buttons where scrambled and seemingly assigned to random commands and shortcuts. Tracks were switching from Trim/read to read to something else
- worst of all --> all audio comes through ONLY the right speaker now.

Is there a known shortcut that is responsible for that? Right now I just feel like I want to smack someone at the dev department at Arturia...

Pan modes haven't change and there is a visible signal on all the tracks where it should be. Master is in stereo. Every fresh session has this problem now.

I tried also to follow Mabian's guide from his screens and now my keys work and I can play instruments.

I also have absolute no idea how to enable the transport buttons to communicate with Reaper.
Any help is very much appreciated!

All the best and thx for reading,

Christian

Edit: me hitting the keys on the controller pre-assign resulted in changed audio outputs. Output 1 was left out...
At least I have L/R works again!

Last edited by VedunianArt; 12-27-2023 at 05:58 PM.
VedunianArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 08:00 PM   #23
Andy Hyner

Default Problems with Arturia Keylab Essential 61 and Reaper 7

Thanks to postings in this forum I have at last managed to connect my new Arturia Keylab Essential 61 mk3 to Reaper 7. But the settings are a million miles from what I was expecting including the absence of a control surface setting. I can now play instruments in Reaper 7 although I have no control over the transports. So clearly there is more work to do. I have a ticket out with Arturia to provide me with their recommended first steps for setting up this midi keyboard with Reaper 7. Also the midi control center options have changed since the postings here, NRPN or CC being an example. Can someone please tell me what their current settings are for controlling Reaper 7 from KL Essential 61 mk3.
Andy Hyner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 01:47 PM   #24
Steve Sawyer

Andy – I have mine working too, including all the transport controls, the tap tempo, save, undo, redo, and the metronome. But I took a “brute force” approach. The Mackie mode is completely opaque (no documentation that I could find, and no utilities that reveal the actual messages as can be done with MIDI). I left the DAW mode to “None” and just stuck with straight MIDI. I tweaked the MIDI messages in MCC so everything works properly. The only control I haven’t mapped yet is the “quantize” button as I’m not sure exactly how I want that to work.

I have a document that details the process if you’re interested.
Old 01-24-2024, 09:43 PM   #25
Andy Hyner

Yes please Steve. I would love it if you could share your settings for the KL Essential mk3
Old 01-25-2024, 09:43 AM   #26
Steve Sawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Hyner View Post
Yes please Steve. I would love it if you could share your settings for the KL Essential mk3
Here ya go, Andy. Let me know if anything is unclear or if you encounter any errors.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf KLEMk3 Reaper Integration.pdf (81.9 KB, 58 views)
Old 01-25-2024, 06:54 PM   #27
Andy Hyner

Thanks very much Steve. I'll let you know how I get on.

UPDATE: I've made some progress thanks to your document and also I've received instructions from Enrique of Arturia Support regarding the midi device and control surface settings in Reaper. I'm not finished yet but progress has certainly been made. One gremlin I came across concerns Spitfire Audio. Their Abbey Rood Orchestral Foundations uses CC numbers for the different microphone positions in the mixer that are identical to the default Arturia settings for KL Essential's loop, forwards, backwards and metronome button CCs. So I'm in the process of changing those to available undefined CCs. This problem did not arise with the other sample library hosts I've experimented with SO FAR.

For completeness at this stage let me share with you the midi device and control surface settings provided to me by Arturia Support which I have adopted successfully so far:

In the Midi Control Center (MCC) Device Settings select "Mackie" for DAW mode
In Reaper's Preferences > MIDI Devices INPUT ports enable both the MIDI and MCU/HUI ports, but NOT the DIN or ALV ones. I assumed that I needed to give both the activated ports control as well although this was not covered by the Arturia guidance
In Reaper's Preferences > MIDI Devices OUTPUT ports enable ONLY the MCU/HUI output port
In Reaper's Preferences > Control Surface Mode select Mackie and in MIDI input/output select the MCU/HUI port

I confess that I did get an "error opening" message the first time but after rebooting the system/KL Essential mk3 usb connection/Reaper this disappeared and the above settings were accepted by Reaper and the KL Essential mk3.

Having adopted the above Reaper 7 preference settings I then proceeded to work through your recommended settings to enable the best integration between the KL Essential mk3 and Reaper 7. As I indicated earlier I am part way through your document but already have several controls on the KL Essential controlling Reaper 7 correctly. The ones remaining I will do my best to activate. UPDATE: Almost every control is now working except loop. I'm using the SWS action to activate lopping and have mapped the KLE mk3 loop option to that. It doesn't seem to turn on or off the loop indicator on a track, nor does it turn off looping when I deactivate it and extend a loop. So this is one I probably need your guidance on.

I'm discussing one issue with Arturia concerning the loop created by having the MCU/HUI on both in-port and out-port in midi devices. This causes a midi reset which knocks back the mixer faders when you playback after recording so I have removed the midi reset on start and stop. That just leaves the midi reset on save and reload. which I've found can be resolved by using snapshots so the mixer fader positions can be recovered.

Last edited by Andy Hyner; 01-29-2024 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Update feedback
Old 02-05-2024, 05:47 PM   #28
Steve Sawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Hyner View Post
I'm using the SWS action to activate lopping and have mapped the KLE mk3 loop option to that. It doesn't seem to turn on or off the loop indicator on a track, nor does it turn off looping when I deactivate it and extend a loop. So this is one I probably need your guidance on.
Sorry, Andy - the forum doesn't issue notifications in response to edits of existing posts, so I didn't realize you'd added additional information. I'm very much a noob when it comes to Reaper, so I haven't yet delved into the SWS extension, and I'm not sure what the difference would be between the "Repeat" function natively and with SWS installed.

Also, because I couldn't find any way to "see" what messages were being passed under the "Mackie" option for the "DAW Mode" and couldn't find any documentation for it, I just relied on the MIDI CC messages, so I have no idea how the settings that Arturia had you implement interact with everything else. I wanted something that I could document and be reproducible.

That said, here is a screen shot of the settings I have in MCC that is working perfectly for the Loop/Repeat control. Pressing the button on the KLEMk3 turns it on, and another press turns it off. Mapped in the Action List to "Transport: Toggle repeat."
Attached Images
File Type: png Loop Control Settings.png (89.0 KB, 24 views)
Old 02-05-2024, 07:47 PM   #29
Andy Hyner

Thanks for sharing those MCC settings with me. In future I better do new posts to the Reaper Forum, rather than update old postings. The majority of issues In was having are now resolved and Reaper is working well with the KLE mk3. I've even added Arturia's Pigments 5 as it was on special offer, so what with that, Analog Lab and the KLE mk3 I have plenty to get my head around. The midi connection from the KLE mk3 has also enabled me to access project files on the Roland Fantom G8 keyboard it replaced. Quite something being able to play sounds on the old synth workstation from the KLE mk3.

Thanks again for your tips Steve. Been a great help to me.

I must get writing now!