Old 09-26-2020, 10:43 PM   #1
IDDQDSound
Human being with feelings

Default 1-min Reaper Tutorials

Hey folks!

I've recently started a YouTube series called 1-min video tutorials. Each episode is under 2 minutes long, with new ones coming every single day. I've made the first 7 episodes already and you can check them out here: https://www.youtube.com/user/aryafsharm

Also, if you comment here or on any of my videos with your questions about Reaper or SWS, I'll make you a video in one day! That's the IDDQD Sound Promise!
IDDQDSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 12:52 AM   #2
TonE

Hey, I like your style, quick and to the point. Keep up the great work. If you want to make videos with the hottest stuff, you might check Nabla Looper and wayback.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 08:56 PM   #3
IDDQDSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Hey, I like your style, quick and to the point. Keep up the great work. If you want to make videos with the hottest stuff, you might check Nabla Looper and wayback.
thanks buddy! Will look into those for sure
Old 10-02-2020, 01:36 AM   #4
IDDQDSound

Hey TonE, I looked into Nabla and Wayback. They're very very cool stuff. Definitely need time with them before I'm comfortable enough to do a tutorial, but I'm using them to play with some ideas! Thanks for the recommendation!
Old 10-02-2020, 07:07 AM   #5
TonE

You are welcome my friend, master of one minute tutorials for sure.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:00 PM   #6
nicholas
Scribe

These are really smart, thanks! Bookmarked and subscribed.
nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 03:12 AM   #7
heda

Very cool
short quick tutorials is a good thing
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 03:49 AM   #8
uncleswede

Nice - watched both episodes so far... very interesting :-)
uncleswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 01:11 AM   #9
IDDQDSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
Very cool
short quick tutorials is a good thing
Thank you! It means the world to me that a badass scripter like you likes them! I was actually going to do some tutorials with your scripts in the future! Giving full credit of course
Old 10-29-2020, 06:47 AM   #10
Pink Wool

Hey! Could you please post in this thread when you have a new video up? I really like the format but I'm rarely logged to google (Youtube) when on the computer so I get no notifications when you have new videos. But I'm sure to check everything new posted on the forums!

Thanks for the awesome content!

PW
Pink Wool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 08:01 AM   #11
cyrano

Cool!

Subscribed...
Old 10-29-2020, 08:06 AM   #12
vanhaze

Luv it, subscribed, thanks !
Old 10-29-2020, 12:26 PM   #13
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDDQDSound View Post
Thank you! It means the world to me that a badass scripter like you likes them! I was actually going to do some tutorials with your scripts in the future! Giving full credit of course
hahaha thank you!
wow it would be awesome to see a video of the scripts. contact me if you need anything, or have any question about them
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 12:55 PM   #14
TonE

Please do not make any videos of heda scripts as those are only for vip-members, so it is not a community thing, this is why I am ignoring his stuff. If you decide spending time on those, ok you can, but you should know those are not useful for the community unless they bought all heda's stuff, which I did not for example and never will. Tools which are not open are not existing in practice from my point of view. Because if I would start building anything using those, I would know not everybody will be able to use them, so I will make sure this will never happen.

Anyway, back to your wonderful videos, in this I like your pinning tip as cheat sheet for mouse modifiers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK2Oamt5sgM
Old 10-29-2020, 03:56 PM   #15
jp65535

Quote:
Please do not make any videos of heda scripts as those are only for vip-members, so it is not a community thing, this is why I am ignoring his stuff. If you decide spending time on those, ok you can, but you should know those are not useful for the community unless they bought all heda's stuff, which I did not for example and never will. Tools which are not open are not existing in practice from my point of view. Because if I would start building anything using those, I would know not everybody will be able to use them, so I will make sure this will never happen.

Anyway, back to your wonderful videos, in this I like your pinning tip as cheat sheet for mouse modifiers!

I disagree.
There are many wonderful scripts, apps, tools, plugins, etc. out there that require some payment for access.
And I have no idea if they are worth the price of admission because I've not seen them in action.
If I:
A) Don't know they exist; or
B) Haven't seen how they can help me,
then - I might as well have stayed with my TEAC 4-Track open reel deck & my Model 5 mixing board, and not ventured into new realms.

IDDQDSound - I've watched a couple of your vids so far - keep 'em coming!
jp65535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:48 PM   #16
Fergler

Quote:
Hey folks!

I've recently started a YouTube series called 1-min video tutorials. Each episode is under 2 minutes long.
I am so disappointed

Jks thanks for making these
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 10:14 AM   #17
lb0

Quote:

Not wishing to derail this thread at all - but that's a pretty narrow view. We shouldn't all expect to get everything for free - especially when people have worked hard to produce it.

So people spending many hours a day coding scripts for other people to use do not deserve anything in return? How about applying the same logic to the music written with the aid of these scripts?

HeDa works hard on these scripts - I mean really really hard - and probably puts in as much - if not more effort than many musicians do on their music because he is trying to meet all the users expectations (not just his own). It takes a huge amount of time away from doing other things.

He has a very reasonable entry fee into some of his more advanced scripts - and I think that is perfectly fair - because without it - he'd probably get very little for his time.

I see no problem in someone producing tutorials for his scripts - just make it clear that you need the VIP membership to obtain the scripts to make use of the tutorial. I mean why not? Just because the tutorial would not be useful to you because you refuse to pay anything for any scripts. Maybe you try working for free in future - see how long you last...
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 10:30 AM   #18
Thonex

Quote:

Um... did you pay for Reaper?
Old 10-30-2020, 10:37 AM   #19
Thonex

Quote:
Yes... Heda Scripts are amazing. All his scripts are not one-offs, they are continually evolving "living" scripts. I think videos on the awesome Track Inspector would be awesome.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:19 PM   #20
TonE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thonex View Post
Um... did you pay for Reaper?
It is not your job to ask about this, Jonnyboy.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:21 PM   #21
TonE

Quote:
Yes... Heda Scripts are amazing. All his scripts are not one-offs, they are continually evolving "living" scripts. I think videos on the awesome Track Inspector would be awesome.
Of course such videos would be awesome, but only to those few people who bought them. I did not and will never, that is all. Those are special, limited tools, limited to VIP. Some people like me prefer staying non-VIP in such cases.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:27 PM   #22
TonE

You can make videos for heda scripts if heda pays you for your time, this is another story.
Old 10-30-2020, 01:18 PM   #23
Thonex

Quote:
Of course such videos would be awesome, but only to those few people who bought them.
Just like for the few people that bought Reaper.

Quote:
I did not and will never, that is all. Those are special, limited tools, limited to VIP. Some people like me prefer staying non-VIP in such cases.
That's your choice. For the rest of us that like professional tools... we'd love some of IDDQDSound's videos!
Old 10-30-2020, 01:26 PM   #24
_Stevie_

A huge +1 for HeDa script videos. His scripts make an essential part of my toolbox. Wouldn't be using REAPER without his work.
Old 10-30-2020, 03:18 PM   #25
TonE

Watching this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpjme_KPFUs

Wanted to mention quickly here sound of audio is not in light speed but audio speed which is a few degrees slower.
Old 10-30-2020, 03:28 PM   #26
TonE

Quote:
That's your choice. For the rest of us that like professional tools...
Regarding my choice: Exactly, true.
Regarding the professionalism: According to your cheap theory and conclusion emacs should be also not professional then, only what Apple or Microsoft produce are professional.

From now on I will only post regarding his cool videos, not to clutter up here with nonsense theories.
Old 10-30-2020, 04:24 PM   #27
Thonex

Quote:

From now on I will only post regarding his cool videos, not to clutter up here with nonsense theories.
Thank you.
Old 03-22-2022, 12:00 PM   #28
Chris Diablo

I'd personally, love to see some Heda videos, detailing their features a little more. I paid all of $5 for access to the VIP scripts and that seems pretty minimal considering their worth. I would have paid more now that I've tried them, and definitely if there was better documentation.

Quote:

Chris Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote