Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > Dstruct's Casa De Nitpicks

Old 04-28-2020, 09:39 AM   #1
puddi
Human being with feelings

Default Mouse modifiers for moving plugins between channels in the MCP makes little sense

Normal left drag copies the plugin while Alt + drag moves it.

Is it just me or does that feel inconsistent with the rest of Reaper (and mouse operation in computers in general)?

To me left drag is synonymous with MOVING and not Alt + left drag, so it would make more sense to me if left drag moved the plugin and only Ctrl + left drag handled the copying.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:12 AM   #2
Phazma

I have the same issue with this.
I think the logic behind it is that you more often might copy a plugin than move it so the modifier requirement is given to the action you are expected to perform less frequently.
In any case I would love as well to have an option to invert this behaviour as it would be more consistent with every other situation on the computer and inside the Reaper.
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 10:16 AM   #3
EvilDragon

It should be adjustable, I use Ctrl+drag for copying, Alt+click for delete.
EvilDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 10:46 AM   #4
Phazma

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
This is how it works by default. However I can find no way of adjusting mouse modifiers regarding insert FX in the MCP. The only modifiers that can be adjusted for the mixer control panel are for double click and that can be useful for certain things in other ares of the mixer panel but not really for interacting with insert FX.
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 03:06 PM   #5
puddi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazma View Post
I have the same issue with this.
I think the logic behind it is that you more often might copy a plugin than move it so the modifier requirement is given to the action you are expected to perform less frequently.
In any case I would love as well to have an option to invert this behaviour as it would be more consistent with every other situation on the computer and inside the Reaper.
Yeah, that might very well be why. They should just allow us to change those mouse modifiers like we can with everything else in this beautiful software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
That's how it works for me as well but it's not adjustable. Both left drag and Ctrl + left drag copies a plugin, but it's the first one that irks me (ever so slightly) since I don't know any other program where normal left drag copies something.