Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 01-16-2021, 02:25 PM   #1601
Pieter
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
I am afraid there is nothing I can do about it. Haven't heard about this issue before and it works fine on my QCon Pro X. Have you checked for latest Firmware?
This unit's latest firmware is V1.23 and they are no longer suported.
This problem is not a gamechanger for me, I can deal with it and just wanted to know if there is a solution.
Thanks for your help and all the good work
!
Pieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:28 AM   #1602
Tiggerdyret

Hi Moss, I found bug with the Maschine software, when having Driven By Moss installed for using my Launchpad X and the Maschine Plugin. When the driver is engaged for my the undo function in Maschine doesn't work at all and doesn't register any actions to the undo/redo list. When the project is playing it does work correctly, but once I hit stop the undo data gets erased. I have tried to uncheck and remove the MK3 from the Moss devices list, but the problem persists. Only removing the driver completely from the control surface list fixes it. But then I can't use my Launchpad with Moss functionality ��

Edit: Here is the problem in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_6RAspYRn8

Last edited by Tiggerdyret; 01-18-2021 at 06:37 AM.
Tiggerdyret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 11:48 AM   #1603
moss

DrivenByMoss 4 Reaper 11.5.1 is online!
  • Requires Reaper 6.12+
  • All devices
    • New: Added 128 dummy drum channels to the drum pad bank. This allows e.g. to scroll now the rows of the drum sequencer of the Akai Fire.
    • Fixed: User parameters could not be changed.
  • APC40
    • New: Knob LEDs are totally turned off if parameter does not exist.
  • Fire
    • New: In Note Sequencer Shift + Grid buttons change the Scale, Shift + Alt + Grid buttons change the Scale Base key. For consistency the button combinations in Play and Piano modes are adjusted accordingly.
    • New: Use Shift + Select knob in note and Poly Sequencer mode to transpose notes of clip up/down.
    • Fixed: Channel parameters did not get reassigned when drum pad was changed.
    • Fixed: Selection got lost when scrolling too fast through drum pads in drum sequencer.
    • Fixed: Wrong parameter name was shown in combination with ALT button.
  • Generic Flexi
    • New: Added functions to toggle user parameters between minimum and maximum value.
  • Launchpad
    • Fixed: Tap tempo in Shift Mode did not work.
  • Maschine Mk3 / Mikro Mk3
    • New: Channel and Polyaftertouch of the pads are now routed to Reaper.
  • Push
    • Fixed: Device data on Info page was not displayed.

Enjoy!
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 05:03 PM   #1604
Biz92k

Hi Moss, I saw that the Novation Launchkey mini mk3 is now supported. Any chanches that also the mk2 is going to work? Or it will need specific adaptations?
Biz92k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 03:33 PM   #1605
shmuelyosef

Before I dive into this, just wanted to verify whether the Beatstep PRO is supported with the <Beatstep> instance?

thanx, Jeff
Old 01-26-2021, 05:34 AM   #1606
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biz92k View Post
Hi Moss, I saw that the Novation Launchkey mini mk3 is now supported. Any chanches that also the mk2 is going to work? Or it will need specific adaptations?
Sorry, the MkII is not supported. You can use the Generic Flexi to get the same functionality except the pads.
Old 01-26-2021, 05:37 AM   #1607
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmuelyosef View Post
Before I dive into this, just wanted to verify whether the Beatstep PRO is supported with the <Beatstep> instance?

thanx, Jeff
No, it is not supported anymore because what you can program is even more limited (only white color on pads) than with the Beatstep.
But you can get the same functionality by using the Generic Flexi.
Old 01-26-2021, 07:42 PM   #1608
mrdave45

Default Number of function keys

I've been playing around with various setups for my x touch. I was wondering why the driven by moss config page for mcu based devices only have 5 function keys? The mcu and icon qpro have 8 f keys and the xtouch one has 6.
Have I missed a setting somewhere. I've been searching around for a while and can't figure out how to make use of the other f keys. Thanks.
mrdave45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 12:33 AM   #1609
eniwhite

mrdave45: can you please verify if the vu meters of your x touch match with the vu meters of your DAW? In my case the x touch vu meters are too low.

Thanks!
eniwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 01:40 AM   #1610
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdave45 View Post
I've been playing around with various setups for my x touch. I was wondering why the driven by moss config page for mcu based devices only have 5 function keys? The mcu and icon qpro have 8 f keys and the xtouch one has 6.
Have I missed a setting somewhere. I've been searching around for a while and can't figure out how to make use of the other f keys. Thanks.
F6 to F8 have fixed functions (see the manual). The reason is that I originally wrote this for the QCon Pro X with the Bitwig overlay.
Old 01-27-2021, 02:02 AM   #1611
Tiggerdyret

Hi Moss. Did you take a look at the problem with your script messing up the undo function in the Maschine plugin?
Old 01-27-2021, 12:24 PM   #1612
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerdyret View Post
Hi Moss. Did you take a look at the problem with your script messing up the undo function in the Maschine plugin?
Sorry, I overlooked that message being busy with the last release.
Could you please explain in more detail what you are doing? What do you mean "Undo in Maschine"?
Please give some steps to reproduce the issue.
Old 01-27-2021, 09:06 PM   #1613
mrdave45

Haven't checked the vu meters yet, I only really use them for an idea as they've only got 8 segments.

I've been mainly working on a template and figuring out which system to use. I seem to be having most luck with driven by moss.

Ive done work arounds using my largely unused machine controller which I'll probably replace with a more compact stream deck.

I've really been getting into the cycle actions with conditions etc.

The faders don't seem to behave quite as smoothly as with klinke, I could be imagining this though.

Currently I'm refreshing at 30hz.
mrdave45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 12:09 AM   #1614
Tiggerdyret

Quote:
Sorry, I overlooked that message being busy with the last release.
Could you please explain in more detail what you are doing? What do you mean "Undo in Maschine"?
Please give some steps to reproduce the issue.
Sure, thanks man

This is my original post. There is a video link so you can see the bug in aciton. I think that is better than explaining:

"Hi Moss, I found bug with the Maschine software, when having Driven By Moss installed when using Launchpad X and the Maschine Plugin. When the driver is engaged the undo function in the Maschine plugin doesn't work at all and doesn't register any actions to the undo/redo list. When the project is playing undo still does works correctly, but once I hit stop the undo data gets erased. I have tried to uncheck and remove the MK3 from the Moss devices list, but the problem persists. Only removing the driver completely from the control surface list fixes it. But then I can't use my Launchpad with Moss functionality... And Moss functionality is awesome!

Here is the problem in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_6RAspYRn8 "
Old 01-28-2021, 12:38 AM   #1615
nickstomp

Default Help with x touch one + bcf2000

Hi
Thanks for this driver!!!
anyone can help me to do the setup?
I have the x touch one and the bcf2000 from behringer
Is possible to use both at the same time?
How I need to configure it?

the x touch one in what mode should be? (mackie or reaper?)

Thanks
nickstomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 08:44 PM   #1616
cjewellstudios

It's been a while since I commented.

Recently updated and very impressed with the improvements to the workflow of the Maschine Mikro!

Pressing the Pad Mode/Keyboard Mode buttons twice to bring up some configuration stuff is pretty awesome.

I had a little idea while I was messing around.

We should have a mode for the touch strip to control the last touched parameter. Clicking on a parameter and then adjusting it with the touch strip would be a killer workflow!
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 02:30 AM   #1617
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickstomp View Post
Hi
Thanks for this driver!!!
anyone can help me to do the setup?
I have the x touch one and the bcf2000 from behringer
Is possible to use both at the same time?
How I need to configure it?

the x touch one in what mode should be? (mackie or reaper?)

Thanks
To setup the X-Touch One, see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLDLYiaIeFE (it is for Bitwig but works the same for Reaper)

You can combine up to 4 MCU devices with DrivenByMoss, but since the One has only 1 fader I guess that does not make much sense. Therefore, I suggest to use either the One or the BCF with Generic Flexi and learn some individual functions which are missing on the other device.
Old 01-30-2021, 04:27 PM   #1618
moss

Quote:
Sure, thanks man

This is my original post. There is a video link so you can see the bug in aciton. I think that is better than explaining:

"Hi Moss, I found bug with the Maschine software, when having Driven By Moss installed when using Launchpad X and the Maschine Plugin. When the driver is engaged the undo function in the Maschine plugin doesn't work at all and doesn't register any actions to the undo/redo list. When the project is playing undo still does works correctly, but once I hit stop the undo data gets erased. I have tried to uncheck and remove the MK3 from the Moss devices list, but the problem persists. Only removing the driver completely from the control surface list fixes it. But then I can't use my Launchpad with Moss functionality... And Moss functionality is awesome!
I did some testing and to me it looks like an issue with the Maschine plugin. I tested it in Bitwig without controllers and it looses frequently its' Undo state. I could not find a real pattern but it seems to be related to starting / stopping playback from the host.
Old 01-31-2021, 12:40 PM   #1619
moss

DrivenByMoss 4 Reaper 11.5.2 is online!

Get it from http://www.mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Reaper 6.12+
  • APC40mkI/mkII
    • New: Press Stop Clip + Pad In Session Mode to delete the clip.
    • New: Press Select + Pad In Session Mode to duplicate the clip.
  • Launchkey Mk3
    • New: Press Undo + Pad In Session Mode to delete the clip.
    • New: Scenes/Clips scroll now by 1 instead of 2, which is a bit less confusing.
  • Launchpad
    • New: Temporary session mode: if any mode except session is active, hold the session button and then start a clip or scene. When the session button is released the previous mode is restored.
  • Maschine
    • Fixed: Could not scroll browser results.
  • MCU
    • New: The scaling of the VU meters is now in the range from -60 to +6dB like in the Reaper mixer display.

Enjoy!
Old 02-01-2021, 01:38 AM   #1620
eniwhite

Quote:
[*]MCU
  • New: The scaling of the VU meters is now in the range from -60 to +6dB like in the Reaper mixer display.
Thank you very much. I've already done testing and it works now correct.
Great work!
eniwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:15 AM   #1621
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by eniwhite View Post
Thank you very much. I've already done testing and it works now correct.
Great work!
Good to hear! That caused me some serious headscratching :-)
Old 02-02-2021, 01:17 AM   #1622
Tiggerdyret

Quote:
I did some testing and to me it looks like an issue with the Maschine plugin. I tested it in Bitwig without controllers and it looses frequently its' Undo state. I could not find a real pattern but it seems to be related to starting / stopping playback from the host.
Thanks for taking a look. Did you try without the Moss driver installed? The problem is only there when it is installed for me. Works like a charm as long as the driver is not active. If the problem is between Moss and Mashcine it would occur in Bitwig as well, right?

Last edited by Tiggerdyret; 02-02-2021 at 04:14 AM.
Old 02-04-2021, 12:35 PM   #1623
Eufonic

Default Reaper with MCU

When i try to assign a custom action to F keys, the predefined ones work (ie: add audio track,add instrument track, add FX track) but when i choose a custom action it just starts recording on the selected track. What could it be ?
I'm using the latest update!

I'm using the MCU settings, replicable from the device simulator.

Last edited by Eufonic; 02-04-2021 at 11:15 PM.
Eufonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 04:06 PM   #1624
wdamian

Default MCU Working well on PreSonus FaderPort v2 2018

Hi Moss, I hope you're doing fine

First of all, thank you very much for your work and for sharing with us.

I've just got a PreSonus FaderPort v2 2018 and during my research to make it work with Reaper, I first found Klinke's driver that mentions my controller. It works partially good, but many features missing.

Then I found yours that doesn't mention the FaderPort but since you had on your list the MCU protocol, I decided to test it.
It works very very well, it has more accurate and more features compared to Klinke's, but I see a couple of assignments that it would make it the Ultimate driver for this controller.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find access to the map so I could assign those simple features. Could you help me, please?

To give an exemple of how little assignments are missing :
- Bypass FX in one track (pressing Bypass);
- Bypass FX in All tracks (pressing Shift + Bypass);
- Jump to Next Marker (pressing Marker);
- Pan (turning the knob after the button Pan is active)
- Return to Zero (pressing Rewind and Fast Forward buttons simultaneously) actually this is assigned as pressing two times stop;

I really apreciate your attention and help to the community.
Have a good night!

DB
wdamian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 08:02 AM   #1625
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eufonic View Post
When i try to assign a custom action to F keys, the predefined ones work (ie: add audio track,add instrument track, add FX track) but when i choose a custom action it just starts recording on the selected track. What could it be ?

Can you please post a screenshot of your settings?
Old 02-11-2021, 08:47 AM   #1626
gxray

Hey moss, there's no "Sponsor" button your Github repo or way to donate to you linked from your site.

How can we donate to you?
Old 02-11-2021, 09:18 AM   #1627
MCJ

Default Circumvent Master fader selection in Reaper?

Hello Jürgen,

Thanks for your awesome work!

I was wondering about the following:
I’m using DrivenByMoss4Reaper with an MCU Pro surface, the option “select channel on fader touch” is set to Off, but when using the Master fader on the MCU, Reaper still selects the Master fader channel. Is there a way to circumvent that?

Thanks again,
Merlin.

Last edited by MCJ; 02-11-2021 at 09:31 AM.
MCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 01:49 PM   #1628
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxray View Post
Hey moss, there's no "Sponsor" button your Github repo or way to donate to you linked from your site.

How can we donate to you?
You simply don't ;-)
... or checkout my music and get an album: mossifier, Arilyn, Individual Totem
Old 02-11-2021, 01:50 PM   #1629
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJ View Post
Hello Jürgen,

Thanks for your awesome work!

I was wondering about the following:
I’m using DrivenByMoss4Reaper with an MCU Pro surface, the option “select channel on fader touch” is set to Off, but when using the Master fader on the MCU, Reaper still selects the Master fader channel. Is there a way to circumvent that?

Thanks again,
Merlin.
I guess that's not intended. Will look into it.
Old 02-11-2021, 01:54 PM   #1630
moss

Quote:
Thanks for taking a look. Did you try without the Moss driver installed? The problem is only there when it is installed for me. Works like a charm as long as the driver is not active. If the problem is between Moss and Mashcine it would occur in Bitwig as well, right?
I tried in Bitwig without DrivenByMoss and had the issue. Furthermore, I have no idea what influence it should have on the internal Undo/Redo of Maschine.
Old 02-11-2021, 02:01 PM   #1631
moss

Quote:

Check that you have also selected "Action" from the F1 drop down list! It is not enough to select an action.
Old 02-11-2021, 02:02 PM   #1632
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdamian View Post
Hi Moss, I hope you're doing fine

First of all, thank you very much for your work and for sharing with us.

I've just got a PreSonus FaderPort v2 2018 and during my research to make it work with Reaper, I first found Klinke's driver that mentions my controller. It works partially good, but many features missing.

Then I found yours that doesn't mention the FaderPort but since you had on your list the MCU protocol, I decided to test it.
It works very very well, it has more accurate and more features compared to Klinke's, but I see a couple of assignments that it would make it the Ultimate driver for this controller.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find access to the map so I could assign those simple features. Could you help me, please?

To give an exemple of how little assignments are missing :
- Bypass FX in one track (pressing Bypass);
- Bypass FX in All tracks (pressing Shift + Bypass);
- Jump to Next Marker (pressing Marker);
- Pan (turning the knob after the button Pan is active)
- Return to Zero (pressing Rewind and Fast Forward buttons simultaneously) actually this is assigned as pressing two times stop;

I really apreciate your attention and help to the community.
Have a good night!

DB
If you have one or more function keys (F1-F6) on the device you can assign any Reaper action to it.
Old 02-11-2021, 03:24 PM   #1633
beowulf

Default Not working?

Hey all,

Trying my hand with this.. I am tired of using mouse to select sounds in any instrument.. and saw that my NI M32 with Komplete Kontrol should be able to use the scroll wheel/knob and such to select instruments, load them, etc.

So.. how do I use my M32 to control the instrument selection for a given track/instrument? Does it only work with NI instruments (I have Komplete 13 loaded).. or other VST plugins as well?

Not seeing how to set that up.

Also.. not sure why, but the play/stop work, Record does not.

Last edited by beowulf; 02-11-2021 at 03:41 PM.
beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:48 AM   #1634
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
So.. how do I use my M32 to control the instrument selection for a given track/instrument? Does it only work with NI instruments (I have Komplete 13 loaded).. or other VST plugins as well?
Yes, that is the whole concept of the NI keyboards. They are specifically designed to work with the Komplete plugin, if you do not use it they are pretty useless. So, you can only use the browsing if a Komplete plugin is loaded on the channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Also.. not sure why, but the play/stop work, Record does not.
You can select the function of the record button in the settings. The default is "Record Clip" which simply does not have any meaning with Reaper. Select "Record Arranger" for the normal behaviour. "New clip" does also work.
Old 02-12-2021, 05:34 PM   #1635
wdamian

Quote:
If you have one or more function keys (F1-F6) on the device you can assign any Reaper action to it.
I do have F1-F4 on the device and I'm using it for some extra functions.

What I meant on my example's list is that there's a specific button dedicated to those actions, I just wanted to make them work That's why I asked about the mapping, even though I'm not mega expert on that haha

I'm including an image of the device so is easier to see.

BTW I really enjoyed your Project Kite album! Your electronics with this 80s vibes are awesome! The Community of Boredom got repeated several times here! Thank you for mentioning on the other post!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg preson.jpg (50.9 KB, 104 views)
wdamian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 08:42 AM   #1636
moss

Quote:
I do have F1-F4 on the device and I'm using it for some extra functions.

What I meant on my example's list is that there's a specific button dedicated to those actions, I just wanted to make them work That's why I asked about the mapping, even though I'm not mega expert on that haha

I'm including an image of the device so is easier to see.
I do not own any of the Presonus controllers, so I cannot specifically support them. I only know from several users that they make very "creative" use of the protocol, which means such functions are not on the original Mackie device.

Quote:
BTW I really enjoyed your Project Kite album! Your electronics with this 80s vibes are awesome! The Community of Boredom got repeated several times here! Thank you for mentioning on the other post!
Glad you like it! This means a lot to me!
Old 02-13-2021, 09:31 AM   #1637
Eufonic

Quote:
Check that you have also selected "Action" from the F1 drop down list! It is not enough to select an action.
I don't have an option for an action
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_7e...ixYUcl3iy/view

here are my settings

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13DT...ew?usp=sharing
Old 02-13-2021, 09:37 AM   #1638
Eufonic

Quote:
nevermind ) I didn't see I could scroll down, sorry )
Old 02-14-2021, 01:56 AM   #1639
Tiggerdyret

Quote:
I tried in Bitwig without DrivenByMoss and had the issue. Furthermore, I have no idea what influence it should have on the internal Undo/Redo of Maschine.
Weird.. Could your Bitwig bug be different from what I'm experiencing in Reaper. My bug is 100% consistent. When Moss is active and Reaper is not playing all undo/redo states are deleted. When Reaper is playing the undo and redo is saved until hitting pause again. When Moss is removed from the driver list Maschine is working perfectly... For now I'll just remove the driver whenever I'm working with Maschine. It's not that hard to do, but I might mean using Moss for my live setup is out of the picture.

Again thanks for taking a look. This script is still amazing, so thanks for sharing and all the hard work you've put into it
Old 02-14-2021, 03:09 AM   #1640
moss

Quote:
Weird.. Could your Bitwig bug be different from what I'm experiencing in Reaper. My bug is 100% consistent. When Moss is active and Reaper is not playing all undo/redo states are deleted. When Reaper is playing the undo and redo is saved until hitting pause again. When Moss is removed from the driver list Maschine is working perfectly... For now I'll just remove the driver whenever I'm working with Maschine. It's not that hard to do, but I might mean using Moss for my live setup is out of the picture.

Again thanks for taking a look. This script is still amazing, so thanks for sharing and all the hard work you've put into it
When you say, you can reproduce it 100%, could you please give the exact steps to do so?
1) ...
2) ...