Old 08-30-2021, 12:52 PM   #1481
Funkybot
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,885
Default

Undark, does your .mst file for the surface include release messages on the modifier buttons? I'm also not aware of modifier combinations ever not working. Maybe post the .zon contents.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 09:40 PM   #1482
UNdark
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
Hey Mike,

I'm on v1.1 but I dont recall there ever being a modifier problem in recent memory. You definitely should be able to use two modifiers. Pretty sure you can use all 4 at the same time.

Removing a modifier state would require some 3rd party trickery like bome midi translator but even then i think you would run into unintended issues. I take it you can't use subzones?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Undark, does your .mst file for the surface include release messages on the modifier buttons? I'm also not aware of modifier combinations ever not working. Maybe post the .zon contents.


Thanks Charlie and thank you Funkybot for your replies.

I had to take my setup to another place to work today - using another MCU and sl25 there. Setup back at home and two things now work that didn't before i left. In the memory moog, the "16" oct buttons were programmed for all 3 osc - none worked, but the other octave buttons 8/4/2 were fine - thought it might be the plug itself - 3 days not working.. maybe unplugging/restarting did something, but they work fine at home now. As do the combo modifiers...( I hadn't had an issue with them before)

I have noticed it takes 5-6 seconds to refresh midi controllers lately, i assumed it was due to the file being pretty big..

I stuck with modifiers, as i had a system for which part of the synth related to which modifier across all my synths.. been using it for a while so i'm a bit "fixed" on it. Maybe i should re think that and try sub zones? Or go to v1.1?
Many thanks for the replies
__________________
Mac Mini 2.3 quad 16gb ram os x - High Sierra
UNdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 11:46 PM   #1483
Carlos_ring
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 21
Default

Hi, im upgrading on my working system from 1.0 to 1.1, i tried to change some things myself, but it was getting worse, so i decided to upload my original 1.0 script, its was from the forum here and was working good, but a little delayed sometimes so i wanted to upgrade to try things out.

Can someone have a look at it? Thank you
Attached Files
File Type: zip CSIZIP.zip (81.3 KB, 20 views)
Carlos_ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 06:55 AM   #1484
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 2,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_ring View Post
Hi, im upgrading on my working system from 1.0 to 1.1, i tried to change some things myself, but it was getting worse, so i decided to upload my original 1.0 script, its was from the forum here and was working good, but a little delayed sometimes so i wanted to upgrade to try things out.

Can someone have a look at it? Thank you
See if this is any better. Just substitute it for your current CSI folder. You may have to rebuild the CSI.ini, but try it first.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CSI.zip (25.7 KB, 31 views)
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 02:34 AM   #1485
Carlos_ring
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 21
Default

Hi thank you now xtouch and extender comes up, it does follow reaper commands , but fader bank up down doesnt work, end even panning on the console isnt changing anything. Fader volume is ok.

Where should i have a look at?
Carlos_ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 06:25 AM   #1486
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 2,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_ring View Post
Hi thank you now xtouch and extender comes up, it does follow reaper commands , but fader bank up down doesnt work, end even panning on the console isnt changing anything. Fader volume is ok.

Where should i have a look at?
Fader banking (BankLeft/Right, ChannelLeft/Right) and pan are both working fine with those files on my system.

Maybe delete the CSI.ini file and rebuild it? Check that the XTouch is in MC mode (I don't think you can change this, but check anyway)
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 09:53 AM   #1487
cjewellstudios
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 864
Default

I come to you all in frustration. Can ANYONE think of a reason why this isn't working?

1. We are talking OSC here

2. CSI Monitor in:
Code:
IN <- wedf Rotary1 0.091618
CSI is receiving the message

(wedf is just gibberish that I used as a name for testing)


3. Channel Zone

Code:
 Zone "Channel"
        TrackNavigator
                    Rotary|                         TrackPan 
                    TrackPanWidth|                  TrackPanWidth
                    TrackMeter|                     TrackOutputMeterMaxPeakLR
                    Fader|                          TrackVolume
                    TrackSelect|                    TrackUniqueSelect
                    TrackMute|                      TrackMute                   
                    TrackSolo|                      TrackSolo   
                    TrackLabel|                     TrackNameDisplay
                    TrackDetailsTouchDisplay|       TrackVolumeDisplay
ZoneEnd

4. OST
Code:
Widget Rotary1
	Control /Mixer/Rotary1
	FB_Processor /Mixer/Rotary1
	Touch /Mixer/Rotary1
WidgetEnd
Everything works but the TrackPan and TrackPanWidth. Super weird, any guesses?

....

Update on my OSC layout. It looks so great!

- Track colors implemented. I have scripts that look at the Track Label when it changes, and if it sees the suffixes I've added it will change color appropriately. THEN I thought well that's ugly. So the script now does the same as above but it also gets rid of the suffix

- In that same vein, I like the track labels centered, but when the track name is too long, you can no longer see the beginning of the track name. SO, I added a script that looks at the length of the track name, and if it's longer than 10 characters it changes the alignment to LEFT so you see the beginning of the name.

- I just have room for one clickable widget on the channel strips, so now four buttons on the side change out Solo/Mute/Pan/PanWidth widgets.

- Track Selections makes a yellow highlight surrounding the track. It looks great but I think I need to make it more pronounced.

- I mentioned this before but rotaries now have invisible faders in front that are doing the dirty work. So instead touching and then moving in a circle, like you would with rotaries, you now touch and drag up and down.

- I mentioned this before too but all faders have a user definable dual response factor. What that means, in practical terms, is you touch a fader and it moves with your finger pretty much but if you slide off too the left, the response will be much finer, if that makes sense.

....

All this work learning LUA and implementing it, and I can't figure out why my pan knobs aren't working. Any guesses?
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 02:05 PM   #1488
Samuel_Meyer
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 20
Default Help with a script for creating custom sends

Hi everyone

I need some help with a function.

It seems to be something pretty simple but I'm just not get it to work.

While upgrading to CSI 1.1 I also worked over my mixing template to bring the contolers and reaper to work together as smoothly as possible.

My problem is concerning sends: In my mixing template I have all my post-fader sends, that I usually use, fixed. I don't need to create them, I just need to make sends to them. And I would love to be able to make those sends by just hitting a button on the controller. Let's say I have my Vocal Track selected and want to send to the "Long Plate" or the "1/8 Delay", I just hit a button on the controller and it's done.

So theres Lokasenna's script "Lokasenna_Create send from selected tracks (post-fader)". I was able to tweak it, so that it sends to fixed tracks by numbers. Let's say "send to Track number 01". But this means, that I must - for example - have my "Short Plate" always be placed as track 01. I tried and tried and tried to change it so that it creates a send on the bases of the name of the track. The advantage would be that I can have my FX-Tracks at the end of my session where track numbers - according to the amount of input tracks - change.

It's been 2 days of frustration cause I have no idea of coding, watched tutorials about LUA, tried to find answers in existing scripts and googled and googled. No results. Arrgh

Thx
Samuel_Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 02:18 PM   #1489
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 2,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
All this work learning LUA and implementing it, and I can't figure out why my pan knobs aren't working. Any guesses?
The definitions look fine to me (or at least they’re the same as mine, which work). Maybe take out all the zones except Home and Channel and see if Pan and PanWidth start working then or look for double definitions in the .ost.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 02:21 PM   #1490
cjewellstudios
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel_Meyer View Post
Hi everyone

I need some help with a function.

It seems to be something pretty simple but I'm just not get it to work.

While upgrading to CSI 1.1 I also worked over my mixing template to bring the contolers and reaper to work together as smoothly as possible.

My problem is concerning sends: In my mixing template I have all my post-fader sends, that I usually use, fixed. I don't need to create them, I just need to make sends to them. And I would love to be able to make those sends by just hitting a button on the controller. Let's say I have my Vocal Track selected and want to send to the "Long Plate" or the "1/8 Delay", I just hit a button on the controller and it's done.

So theres Lokasenna's script "Lokasenna_Create send from selected tracks (post-fader)". I was able to tweak it, so that it sends to fixed tracks by numbers. Let's say "send to Track number 01". But this means, that I must - for example - have my "Short Plate" always be placed as track 01. I tried and tried and tried to change it so that it creates a send on the bases of the name of the track. The advantage would be that I can have my FX-Tracks at the end of my session where track numbers - according to the amount of input tracks - change.

It's been 2 days of frustration cause I have no idea of coding, watched tutorials about LUA, tried to find answers in existing scripts and googled and googled. No results. Arrgh

Thx
Lokasenna also has a great script for creating other scripts that select tracks by name. I think it's called select tracks by name or something like that. Run that script, make one for Short Plate. Theres some options on the bottom to "add to selection" you obviously dont want that. When you create your script you will have a script that unselects all tracks and then selects "Small Plate"

I assume then you can put that in front of the other script you are using in a custom action and then assign that custom action to anything in CSI.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 02:24 PM   #1491
cjewellstudios
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
The definitions look fine to me (or at least they’re the same as mine, which work). Maybe take out all the zones except Home and Channel and see if Pan and PanWidth start working then or look for double definitions in the .ost.
Good point. I'll simplify and see if that gets me anywhere. I know thats the thing to do but it always seems silly. I don't know why I feel like that lol.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 03:04 PM   #1492
Samuel_Meyer
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
Lokasenna also has a great script for creating other scripts that select tracks by name. I think it's called select tracks by name or something like that. Run that script, make one for Short Plate. Theres some options on the bottom to "add to selection" you obviously dont want that. When you create your script you will have a script that unselects all tracks and then selects "Small Plate"

I assume then you can put that in front of the other script you are using in a custom action and then assign that custom action to anything in CSI.
Thx for you're reply. I know Lokasenna's script for selecting tracks by name. I'm a heavy user of it and have implemented it in a couple of my controller functions, but unfortenatelly it doesn't help in that case.
Samuel_Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 03:32 PM   #1493
cjewellstudios
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel_Meyer View Post
Thx for you're reply. I know Lokasenna's script for selecting tracks by name. I'm a heavy user of it and have implemented it in a couple of my controller functions, but unfortenatelly it doesn't help in that case.
ah! My apologies. I get it now

I can help. Sorry it's not a clean solution. It appears you have reapack. Download Stevie's repo if you haven't already. i just looked at it, and I know I can make it cleaner but I wanted to get you some help since you seem frustrated.

He has a script called sr_Send selected track(s) to BUS01 and remove master send

Within that script he searches by name "BUS 01" and then sends selected tracks to that track. So edit the script to say "Short Plate" or whatever your track name is.

The thing is, he calls a function in another script, and until now I didn't really understand what was going on, so copying it and trying to make it my own was something I didn't know how to do.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 05:48 PM   #1494
Samuel_Meyer
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
ah! My apologies. I get it now

I can help. Sorry it's not a clean solution. It appears you have reapack. Download Stevie's repo if you haven't already. i just looked at it, and I know I can make it cleaner but I wanted to get you some help since you seem frustrated.

He has a script called sr_Send selected track(s) to BUS01 and remove master send

Within that script he searches by name "BUS 01" and then sends selected tracks to that track. So edit the script to say "Short Plate" or whatever your track name is.

The thing is, he calls a function in another script, and until now I didn't really understand what was going on, so copying it and trying to make it my own was something I didn't know how to do.
Lol, tried the same myself. He has another one "sr_Send selected track(s) to FX..."

No luck with it.
Samuel_Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 05:59 AM   #1495
cjewellstudios
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel_Meyer View Post
Lol, tried the same myself. He has another one "sr_Send selected track(s) to FX..."

No luck with it.
So, you have a track (or tracks) that you would like to route to another track you already have in your template. Is that a correct assessment of your issue?

If so, what I said above works for me. You have to open up the script in an editor and find the spot in the script it says "BUS 01" and change that.

The way it's set up, you have to change that script and save it like that, you cant copy or move it.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 06:55 AM   #1496
Samuel_Meyer
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
So, you have a track (or tracks) that you would like to route to another track you already have in your template. Is that a correct assessment of your issue?

If so, what I said above works for me. You have to open up the script in an editor and find the spot in the script it says "BUS 01" and change that.

The way it's set up, you have to change that script and save it like that, you cant copy or move it.
You're great. I took out the Part in the main function that takes the master sends off. Now it works. Thx a lot.
Samuel_Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 07:39 AM   #1497
cjewellstudios
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel_Meyer View Post
You're great. I took out the Part in the main function that takes the master sends off. Now it works. Thx a lot.
Wooo! I'm glad I was persistent

The only worry with this is stevie has complete control of that since its reapack. If he ever updates those we would lose our work. I've been using it this way for years at this point, though. But now that I see what he's doing and where his function is that he's calling, the next time I have a minute I'll make sure I take all that code and make it one script so we can copy it and move it elsewhere for our own uses.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 12:05 PM   #1498
cjewellstudios
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
The definitions look fine to me (or at least they’re the same as mine, which work). Maybe take out all the zones except Home and Channel and see if Pan and PanWidth start working then or look for double definitions in the .ost.
interestingly enough. I simplified quite a bit, took almost everything out of the equation and still had trouble. It wasn't until I took the touch definition out of .ost that I got it to work. I'm guessing this maybe a bug. If anyone can confirm or deny that they can control TrackPan or TrackPanWidth with a touch message defined in the .ost, I'd appreciate it!
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 12:57 PM   #1499
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 2,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
interestingly enough. I simplified quite a bit, took almost everything out of the equation and still had trouble. It wasn't until I took the touch definition out of .ost that I got it to work. I'm guessing this maybe a bug. If anyone can confirm or deny that they can control TrackPan or TrackPanWidth with a touch message defined in the .ost, I'd appreciate it!
This is with the new TouchOSC? I have Touch definitions in the old one and Pan works fine. It changed in the new one though, didn’t it? They don’t use the /z construct anymore do they?
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 01:26 PM   #1500
cjewellstudios
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
This is with the new TouchOSC? I have Touch definitions in the old one and Pan works fine. It changed in the new one though, didn’t it? They don’t use the /z construct anymore do they?
They did change it, but you can imitate the old way by putting two osc messages on one control. One is the normal one and the second one you add "/z" as a constant, set the trigger to touch, set the argument to touch (remove the x argument) and change the conversion to float.

Doing that, touch works on the faders for volume.

Edit (update): I dont think its a bug. Putting Trackpan on the faders worked fine and they have a touch message. I managed some success but nothing with touch messages enabled on my widget. I'll keep trying but this is a weird one to suss out.

Last edited by cjewellstudios; 09-07-2021 at 08:23 AM.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 09:57 AM   #1501
Richard Williams
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 4
Default EuCon error

This relates to the error message "EuConManager::Initialize() failed with code: 2"

I pulled the resource uploaded on Sept. 04 2021: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/42522/EuCon%20Exp.zip <https://stash.reaper.fm/v/42522/EuCon%20Exp.zip>

On advice received via a Reaper forum newbie thread I copied the EuCon directory into the Reaper resource
path directory: AppData/Roaming/Reaper and the platform related reaper_csurf_euconNN.dll into the
Reaper resource path directory: AppData/Roaming/Reaper/UserPlugins.

After restarting the system and Reaper I tried configuring the EuCon via Options/Preferences/Control/OSC/Web

In the case of the platforms

- Intel Core2Quad, 32bit, Win7Pro, EuControl 2.7.1 88549, Reaper v6.36
- Intel i7, 64bit, Win7Pro, EuControl 2.6.1 76408, Reaper v6.36

The error message "EuConManager::Initialize() failed with code: 2" appears.

In the case of the following platform:-

- Intel i5, 64bit, Win10Pro, EuControl 2.6.1 76408, Reaper v5.35

The EuCon device does not appear on the Options/Preferences/Control/OSC/Web list at all.


Summary

My Avid control surfaces work perfectly via EuCon with Nuendo and DaVinci across the above platforms.

In all cases Reaper audio and video is AOK. The only thing that is missing is to get Reaper to communicate
with my EuCon.

I suspect that I am guilty of causing a version mismatch somewhere and I hope that the Reaper experts will help me sort this out.
Richard Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 10:10 AM   #1502
Funkybot
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,885
Default

Richard, you're in the CSI thread, not the Eucon thread:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=255955

Please head back there. Once there, post screen prints of the contents of...

Your Reaper resource path
Your Reaper\Eucon path
Your Reaper\Plugins path
Your Reaper\UserPlugins path

...I suspect something is up with your install.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 01:13 PM   #1503
istominmusic
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 13
Default Reaper + CSI + XTouch Mini = dont work

Hello! I haven't been able to run CSI in a week. Nothing works. At best, only version 1.0 (1.1 does not work) works and only buttons work. Plugin management is not working. I installed a Reaper that is "clean," only SWS. And still did not work. There may be a problem in the file from XTouch Mini?... I tried everything and do not even know what can be.
But the most offensive thing is that in my main Reaper (in which I work) - even the buttons do not work. Commands come from the controller and CSI shows that there are commands, but Reaper does not react in any way. Does not even execute any commands that are assigned to buttons. Very strange.
istominmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 02:03 PM   #1504
Funkybot
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,885
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by istominmusic View Post
Hello! I haven't been able to run CSI in a week. Nothing works. At best, only version 1.0 (1.1 does not work) works and only buttons work. Plugin management is not working. I installed a Reaper that is "clean," only SWS. And still did not work. There may be a problem in the file from XTouch Mini?... I tried everything and do not even know what can be.
But the most offensive thing is that in my main Reaper (in which I work) - even the buttons do not work. Commands come from the controller and CSI shows that there are commands, but Reaper does not react in any way. Does not even execute any commands that are assigned to buttons. Very strange.
We will get you fixed. There were big changes between 1.0 and 1.1 that will break prior configs. This is totally expected. See this page, particularly the "Mandatory Changes if Updating..." section.

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...on-1.1-Changes

Once you make those changes, everything will come right back to life. The key takeaways are:

1. Instead of having 1 surface.zon file, you have to break out each zone into different files. Example:

home.zon
buttons.zon
channels.zon
etc.

2. A few Navigators and Zones were renamed. So FXMenu and FXMenuNavigator are now SelectedTrackFXMenu and SelectedTrackFXMenuNavigator. Send and SendNavigator are now SelectedTrackSend and SelectedTrackSendNavigator.

...just doing those easy things should get everything working again. Then familiarize yourself with the other changes because a lot of really cool stuff got added in 1.1 that you may find valuable.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 10:39 AM   #1505
EpicSounds
Human being with feelings
 
EpicSounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,393
Default

I haven't seen navelpluisje around so I'm going to attempt to update his bcf2000 template, and maybe make a video about the CSI changes, if I can make sense of them.
__________________
REAPER Video Tutorials, Tips & Tricks and more at The REAPER Blog
EpicSounds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 01:14 PM   #1506
istominmusic
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
We will get you fixed. There were big changes between 1.0 and 1.1 that will break prior configs. This is totally expected. See this page, particularly the "Mandatory Changes if Updating..." section.

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...on-1.1-Changes

Once you make those changes, everything will come right back to life. The key takeaways are:

1. Instead of having 1 surface.zon file, you have to break out each zone into different files. Example:

home.zon
buttons.zon
channels.zon
etc.

2. A few Navigators and Zones were renamed. So FXMenu and FXMenuNavigator are now SelectedTrackFXMenu and SelectedTrackFXMenuNavigator. Send and SendNavigator are now SelectedTrackSend and SelectedTrackSendNavigator.

...just doing those easy things should get everything working again. Then familiarize yourself with the other changes because a lot of really cool stuff got added in 1.1 that you may find valuable.
Thanks for the answer! I was able to run the controller in version 1.0. But there are a few problems.
1. The controller does not receive feedback from plugins and by this their controls are constantly jumped.
2. I rewrote the Surface file so that Rotary would not work as Fader, but as Encoder. In Encoder mode (if the XTouch Mini controller is in STANDART mode), many value misses are obtained and does not work correctly. You have to put the controller in MC mode. In this mode, ENCODER works correctly. BUT! Again there is no feedback and no LEDs are working (no buttons are illuminated and there is no LED indication on ROTARY). And there's a problem that the file I downloaded for XTOUCH MINI doesn't match the controller messages. By this, I have to press the buttons and watch in the SCI monitor what they give out values. But in this situation, I have problems again:
I have no access to LAYER B. In STANDART mode, I have layer A, B switches. But when the controller is in MC mode, these buttons (A, B) do not function and I do not have access to Later B to program it.

Very tired of digging in code, in which I do not understand well. This is extremely not convenient compared to the ReaLearn + Fader32x + LBX variant. In this case, the controller is in STANDART mode, but works perfectly like ENCODER (thanks to excellent feedback from FX). Controller handles are trained there for several touches, but the only problem is that it is not convenient to transfer the setting to the old project.

Maybe someone works in SCI + XTouch Mini? Would you be able to help with the finished files? It is very important to me that the controller would work in ENCODER mode (pick up the values ​ ​ of the FX parameters) and that there would be feedback from the LED.
istominmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 05:13 AM   #1507
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 2,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by istominmusic View Post
Maybe someone works in SCI + XTouch Mini? Would you be able to help with the finished files? It is very important to me that the controller would work in ENCODER mode (pick up the values ​ ​ of the FX parameters) and that there would be feedback from the LED.
ZIP up your CSI folder and post it here so we can take a look at it and get you working with CSI V1.1.

The best approach with the X-Touch Mini is to use it in MC mode and to program an additional Zone to take the place of 'Layer B'.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 12:40 PM   #1508
Funkybot
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,885
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by istominmusic View Post
Thanks for the answer! I was able to run the controller in version 1.0. But there are a few problems.
1. The controller does not receive feedback from plugins and by this their controls are constantly jumped.
2. I rewrote the Surface file so that Rotary would not work as Fader, but as Encoder. In Encoder mode (if the XTouch Mini controller is in STANDART mode), many value misses are obtained and does not work correctly. You have to put the controller in MC mode. In this mode, ENCODER works correctly. BUT! Again there is no feedback and no LEDs are working (no buttons are illuminated and there is no LED indication on ROTARY). And there's a problem that the file I downloaded for XTOUCH MINI doesn't match the controller messages. By this, I have to press the buttons and watch in the SCI monitor what they give out values. But in this situation, I have problems again:
I have no access to LAYER B. In STANDART mode, I have layer A, B switches. But when the controller is in MC mode, these buttons (A, B) do not function and I do not have access to Later B to program it.

Very tired of digging in code, in which I do not understand well. This is extremely not convenient compared to the ReaLearn + Fader32x + LBX variant. In this case, the controller is in STANDART mode, but works perfectly like ENCODER (thanks to excellent feedback from FX). Controller handles are trained there for several touches, but the only problem is that it is not convenient to transfer the setting to the old project.

Maybe someone works in SCI + XTouch Mini? Would you be able to help with the finished files? It is very important to me that the controller would work in ENCODER mode (pick up the values ​ ​ of the FX parameters) and that there would be feedback from the LED.
See if these files work. Another user was having issues with the X-TouchMini and I whipped these up last month based on someone else's files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip XTouchMiniCSIv1-1.zip (2.4 KB, 18 views)
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 10:07 AM   #1509
istominmusic
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
See if these files work. Another user was having issues with the X-TouchMini and I whipped these up last month based on someone else's files.
Thank you very much! Now I see that from your files there is control of the volume of the track and panorama, and most importantly, that I now see feedback! My Touch Mini is in Standart mode and I see that all its buttons show the correct commands in the CSI monitor. The only thing I can't do now is tie my Rotary to the plug-in handles. According to the usual scheme, I created a zon file (I will show an example for CLA 2A from Waves:

Zone "VST3: CLA-2A Stereo (Waves)"
FocusedFXNavigator
FXParam 0 "Bypass"
FXParam 1 "Bank"
LayerA_Rotary1 FXParam 2 "Gain"
LayerA_Rotary2 FXParam 3 "Peak Reduction"
FXParam 4 "Comp/Limiter"
FXParam 5 "Hi Freq"
FXParam 6 "Analog"
FXParam 7 "VU Display"
FXParam 8 "Bypass"
FXParam 9 "Wet"
ZoneEnd


But the pens don't react in any way. I turned off Rotary track volume control (to release them). Maybe I missed something?
Can CSI 1.1 plug-ins connect differently?)
Maybe I still need to create a XTouchMini_OnFXFocus.zon file???

I am attaching my CSI file. What you sent me I called "XTouchMini V1," so that I would not be confused in the versions.Thank you so much for your attention and time!
Attached Files
File Type: rar CSI.rar (134.8 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by istominmusic; 09-13-2021 at 11:14 AM.
istominmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 12:29 PM   #1510
istominmusic
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 13
Default

It worked! I probably did the wrong thing, but at the moment the management of plugins has worked! And so, what I did:
In the XTouchMini_Home file, I added an additional zone line and I did this:
Zone Home
OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
IncludedZones
"Buttons"
"SelectedTrack"
"Channel"
"MasterTrack"
"FocusedFX"
IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

I also created a file XTouchMini_FocusedFX.zon
and here is its contents:

Zone "FocusedFX"
...
LayerA_LowerButton8 MapFocusedFXToWidgets
...
ZoneEnd

Now, when I call the plugin - it is not controlled in any way, but if I press the LayerA_LowerButton8 button - on will focus me on the MapFocusedFXToWidgets and only then the selected plugin begins to be controlled.
I understand that the problem is that for some reason there is no default focus on FX (although in the CSI monitor I see that there is a focus, but plugins are not controlled).
How do I make plugins automatically get focus and I don't have to click every time LayerA_LowerButton8?

And another very important question. The fact is that when rotating Rotary, the value changes by a large number. What command to write in the FX setup, so that I can more accurately configure plugins?

When I tried to configure the controller in Encoder mode, the string in FX had the following values:
FXParam 0 "Gain" [ (0.0009,0.003,0.015,0.03,0.05,0.1) ]
istominmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 01:34 PM   #1511
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 2,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by istominmusic View Post
How do I make plugins automatically get focus and I don't have to click every time LayerA_LowerButton8?
To do this you can put:
Code:
OnFXFocus  MapFocusedFXToWidgets
..in your Home Zone, before the IncludedZones.

If I could ask a couple of questions; in your CSI folder that you posted, which of the XTouch Mini Zone Folders are you actually using? and also, which .mst file are you using?

Is it your intention to use the XTouch Mini to only control plugins, or to control channel stuff (track volume , pan etc) as well?
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 01:47 PM   #1512
istominmusic
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
To do this you can put:
Code:
OnFXFocus  MapFocusedFXToWidgets
..in your Home Zone, before the IncludedZones.

If I could ask a couple of questions; in your CSI folder that you posted, which of the XTouch Mini Zone Folders are you actually using? and also, which .mst file are you using?

Is it your intention to use the XTouch Mini to only control plugins, or to control channel stuff (track volume , pan etc) as well?
Thanks for the answer!!! I'll try!
I have another controller I bought earlier - XTouch One. I control the volume of the channel. I just wanted to control plugins and have more buttons for quick launch of Reaper Action. According to this, in principle, the "volume" and "panorama" are controlled by me from XTouch One.
For the last folders I used, these are "XTouchMini" files. But they did not work, because my controller gave other commands and the file "XTouchMini.mst" contained the wrong data and the controller did not match it. I tried to use "XTouchMini_relative2" (so that the plugin handles would not jump), but it did not work. After that, I tried to rewrite the file "mst" to turn my Rotary into encoders. Everything started to work, but the controller did not receive "feedback," and also I could not program Layer B. The only option that works perfectly is this one that you sent me. I renamed it "XTouchMini V1." All Rotary, buttons, EVERYTHING works! And most importantly, it has feedback. The only thing that remains is to change the parameter slightly, so that one Rotary motion changes the parameter not to 0.3, but to 0.1. And I will try your team now! Thank you SO much for your help! I am very grateful to you!
istominmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 02:01 PM   #1513
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 2,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by istominmusic View Post
Thanks for the answer!!! I'll try!
I have another controller I bought earlier - XTouch One. I control the volume of the channel. I just wanted to control plugins and have more buttons for quick launch of Reaper Action. According to this, in principle, the "volume" and "panorama" are controlled by me from XTouch One.
For the last folders I used, these are "XTouchMini" files. But they did not work, because my controller gave other commands and the file "XTouchMini.mst" contained the wrong data and the controller did not match it. I tried to use "XTouchMini_relative2" (so that the plugin handles would not jump), but it did not work. After that, I tried to rewrite the file "mst" to turn my Rotary into encoders. Everything started to work, but the controller did not receive "feedback," and also I could not program Layer B. The only option that works perfectly is this one that you sent me. I renamed it "XTouchMini V1." All Rotary, buttons, EVERYTHING works! And most importantly, it has feedback. The only thing that remains is to change the parameter slightly, so that one Rotary motion changes the parameter not to 0.3, but to 0.1. And I will try your team now! Thank you SO much for your help! I am very grateful to you!
Actually, it was @Funkybot that sent you the files

I was just trying to get a handle on what you were trying to use it for, but it sounds like you're doing OK.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 02:55 PM   #1514
istominmusic
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Actually, it was @Funkybot that sent you the files

I was just trying to get a handle on what you were trying to use it for, but it sounds like you're doing OK.
Yeah, it's okay, thank you! The only problem is that Rotary changes very large values. If I put it in Encoder mode, then using an expression for example
" LayerA_Rotary2 FXParam 1 "Ceiling" [ (0.0009,0.003,0.015,0.03,0.05,0.1) ]"
I could reduce Encoder values to have a more accurate result. But in Fader7bit mode, I don't know how to reduce these values? Plug-in handles move in large enough steps. Maybe someone will tell you?
istominmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 03:38 AM   #1515
Marek
Human being with feelings
 
Marek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by istominmusic View Post
Yeah, it's okay, thank you! The only problem is that Rotary changes very large values. If I put it in Encoder mode, then using an expression for example
" LayerA_Rotary2 FXParam 1 "Ceiling" [ (0.0009,0.003,0.015,0.03,0.05,0.1) ]"
I could reduce Encoder values to have a more accurate result. But in Fader7bit mode, I don't know how to reduce these values? Plug-in handles move in large enough steps. Maybe someone will tell you?
I'm new to CSI so I could be wrong
Fader7bit mode use absolute values, 0-127, more precise values can be received from Fader14bit, but you would need a hardware equivalent of course.
The big jumping in encoder mode could be due to the issue I've just explained in the main CSI forum. What MIDI messages do you use for increase/decrease?
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 04:38 AM   #1516
istominmusic
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
I'm new to CSI so I could be wrong
Fader7bit mode use absolute values, 0-127, more precise values can be received from Fader14bit, but you would need a hardware equivalent of course.
The big jumping in encoder mode could be due to the issue I've just explained in the main CSI forum. What MIDI messages do you use for increase/decrease?
In STANDART - Rotary mode, sends the controller values CC1 (channel 11), CC2, CC3.
I have now put XTouch in MC (Mackie) mode. Thanks to this, Rotary work correctly (I change the value not in a large step 0.3, but in a small 0.1). Rotary now has feedback mode. I found a problem in the mst file. Here is an example of setting up one Rotary:
RotaryA1 // Encoders set to "Relative 2" mode with the editor software
Encoder b0 10 7f [ < 41-4a > 01-0a ]
FB_Encoder b0 10 7f 0.5
Here in this line "FB_Encoder b0 10 7f 0.5" if you remove at the end of 0.5 what would happen "FB_Encoder b0 10 7f" - then the feedback immediately works! This applies to buttons. When I removed the value of 0.5 from them - the feedback worked and they began to shine.

Last edited by istominmusic; 09-15-2021 at 04:58 AM.
istominmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 05:51 AM   #1517
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 2,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by istominmusic View Post
But in Fader7bit mode, I don't know how to reduce these values?
In an 'absolute' mode (Fader7Bit), you can't change the step size (there are no steps). The values from the control are transmitted directly to the plugin.

Whether this results in changes that are useful (ie not too large or small) depends entirely on how the plugin manufacturer has mapped those values to the parameter under control.

For this reason, an increment/decrement (Encoder) type is preferable. It offers much more customisation of how the control maps to the parameter.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 06:12 AM   #1518
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 2,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by istominmusic View Post
I have now put XTouch in MC (Mackie) mode.
A wise move Here's an mst configured for MC mode.

If you wouldn't mind, could you confirm that the rotary acceleration values are correct? (I don't have an XTouch Mini here).

Just hook up the XTouch Mini to a MIDI monitor app and look at the values sent out when a rotary is turned at different speeds, clockwise and anti-clockwise.

EDIT: Had an extra thought If you assign the LayerA button (as it's called in my .mst) to Shift and LayerB to Option in your Zones, you'll effectively give yourself access to 3 'layers' of controls
Attached Files
File Type: zip XTouchMini_MC_Mode.mst.zip (1.1 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by MixMonkey; 09-15-2021 at 08:21 AM. Reason: more info
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 01:22 PM   #1519
Marek
Human being with feelings
 
Marek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by istominmusic View Post
I have now put XTouch in MC (Mackie) mode. ...

Here is an example of setting up one Rotary:
RotaryA1 // Encoders set to "Relative 2" mode with the editor software
When you talking about Standard vs MC mode. Are you talking about mode for the whole unit, or just for a particular knob? If you switched the xtouch mini into MC mode, there aren't options in X-touch editor software to change behavior of the knobs.

If your unit is in a standard mode, your rotary knob should be in "Relative3" mode.
Relative1: 01/7F
Relative2: 41/3f
Relative2: 01/41

My advice would be same what MixMonky said. Stay with MC mode for the whole unit and use his XTouchMini_MC_Mode.mst.zip.
The MC mode is better for the feedback, because in the MC mode the unit doesn't generate internal messages for itself as it does in the standard mode.

One think I would change in the XTouchMini_MC_Mode.mst file though:
Even the knobs react to relative values from feedback. They react better to absolute values. You can use absolute fader7bit values for feedback.

For example:
Widget Rotary1
Encoder b0 10 7f [ > 01-0a < 41-4a ]
FB_Fader7Bit b0 10 7f
WidgetEnd
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 05:57 AM   #1520
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 2,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
One think I would change in the XTouchMini_MC_Mode.mst file though:
Even the knobs react to relative values from feedback. They react better to absolute values. You can use absolute fader7bit values for feedback.

For example:
Widget Rotary1
Encoder b0 10 7f [ > 01-0a < 41-4a ]
FB_Fader7Bit b0 10 7f
WidgetEnd
Are you sure that's appropriate advice? What surface are you using?
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.