Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 02-28-2021, 04:01 PM   #1
Rangler
Human being with feelings

Default Opening old projects and Sforzando FX are all empty on all tracks

I don't even know what instruments are supposed to be linked to each Sforzando FX since it all disappeared on me.

Entire project gone. All the backups show up empty as well.

What can I do?
Old 03-01-2021, 12:54 AM   #2
jrk

Do you still have sforzando? Do you still have the .sfz (or sf2, whatever) for the instruments?
Old 03-01-2021, 10:40 AM   #3
Rangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrk View Post
Do you still have sforzando? Do you still have the .sfz (or sf2, whatever) for the instruments?
Yes, I have Sforzando. The thing is it used to give me an alert to link to the samples and tell me what instrument. But now it only shows "empty" and doesn't even alert me anymore.

Isn't the FX data imbedded in the reaper file? Can I find out what samples it was set to through some other means?

I'd hate to lose months of work, all archived multiple times.
Old 03-01-2021, 11:54 AM   #4
jrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangler View Post
Isn't the FX data imbedded in the reaper file? Can I find out what samples it was set to through some other means?

I'd hate to lose months of work, all archived multiple times.
What a pain. Yes, there's FX data in the .rpp. Problem is, it's encoded, I dunno how reaper encodes it, and even decoded it may be binary data in a format private to the FX.

[EDIT] apparently, it's just base64 encoded? But it still looks like gibberish if I try to decode it

I guess it's possible the .rpp has been corrupted? Have you got any previous versions saved? They won't have all your changes, but you may find some of the info you need?

And unlikely, but have you updated/changed sforzando since this was last working? Is there an older version you could revert to?

Last edited by jrk; 03-02-2021 at 03:09 AM.
jrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 12:14 PM   #5
Rangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrk View Post
What a pain. Yes, there's FX data in the .rpp. Problem is, it's encoded, I dunno how reaper encodes it, and even decoded it may be binary data in a format private to the FX.

I guess it's possible the .rpp has been corrupted? Have you got any previous versions saved? They won't have all your changes, but you may find some of the info you need?

And unlikely, but have you updated/changed sforzando since this was last working? Is there an older version you could revert to?
Same version. I never updated sforzando. It's cos I moved the samples and used to get an alert saying such and such samples can't be located and it would tell me which samples, but now it doesn't give me an alert and just says "empty". I opened up previous versions and the same thing. Maybe I need to clear some preferences that reaper might be saving on behalf of the rpp. or maybe i should check safe mode and see.
Old 03-01-2021, 01:25 PM   #6
jrk

Oh heck. I feel your pain, but that's me out of ideas. I guess that's why we're always supposed to document our projects in a notebook, and make safety copies of all the project files.
Old 03-02-2021, 07:22 PM   #7
Rangler

At least I still have the midi notes. Possibly figure out what samples I used just by the notes. This is gonna suck though.