Old 11-26-2020, 04:26 AM   #161
juliansader
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellumertz View Post
When using the multitool and MIDI item with Ignore Tempo etc... it can bug
Thanks for the report! I've just uploaded v6.20 that should fix the bug:
Changelog:
+ NEW: In envelope mode, automatically add edge points when using razor areas.
+ FIXED: In MIDI mode, calculation of source length when set to "Ignore project tempo".
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 09:12 AM   #162
daniellumertz

So nice to see you already upgrading it to use with razor edit thanks Julian as always, you are awesome !
daniellumertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 09:04 AM   #163
mozart999uk

Is there a way, using the multi tool in the editor. to move all selected points or notes left right up down without distorting them?

At the moment I have to come out of the script, move them using a modifier and left drag and then run the script again ....
mozart999uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 09:55 AM   #164
daniellumertz

this is a silly question, so maybe I didn't understood you.

why not click and drag then?
Old 12-04-2020, 10:04 AM   #165
mozart999uk

Quote:
this is a silly question, so maybe I didn't understood you.

why not click and drag then?
When I do that with the multi tool script running it warps them rather than moves them intact
Old 12-04-2020, 11:23 AM   #166
daniellumertz

I mean outside the script this is the default behaviour
Old 12-04-2020, 02:39 PM   #167
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozart999uk View Post
Is there a way, using the multi tool in the editor. to move all selected points or notes left right up down without distorting them?

At the moment I have to come out of the script, move them using a modifier and left drag and then run the script again ....
Originally, the script did not include left-right drag because, as Daniel pointed out, that is already a native function.

However, since other users have also asked for a drag feature, recent versions allow you to switch between "one-sided stretch" and "drag both ends" by clicking the right mouse button while stretching/dragging. In general, clicking the right mouse button switches (most of) the script's functions between "one-sided" and "two-sided" modes.
Old 01-04-2021, 05:10 AM   #168
mozart999uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
Originally, the script did not include left-right drag because, as Daniel pointed out, that is already a native function.

However, since other users have also asked for a drag feature, recent versions allow you to switch between "one-sided stretch" and "drag both ends" by clicking the right mouse button while stretching/dragging. In general, clicking the right mouse button switches (most of) the script's functions between "one-sided" and "two-sided" modes.
Thanks for your reply. I didn't have notifications on so I missed it!

Can you just explain how the right click option works?

If I right click after running the script, I get options for "zone color" and "zone size"....
Old 01-04-2021, 03:08 PM   #169
GeneralMidi

Does anyone know if Julian's scripts, or anyone else's that compresses/expands velocity and cc data could be used on the tempo map? If not, is this something that could be done?

I have tempo mapped a midi file (live performance) using another midi file where I tapped the beat. I just want to smooth out the tempo map. It should still have the minor tempo fluctuations from the performance, but just want to tone it down a little (compress)

So I wondered if one of these amazing scripts could be applied to the tempo map?
GeneralMidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:57 AM   #170
juliansader

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. I didn't have notifications on so I missed it!

Can you just explain how the right click option works?

If I right click after running the script, I get options for "zone color" and "zone size"....
Right-click while editing to toggle the function that you're using between single-sided and double-sided.
Old 01-07-2021, 05:28 AM   #171
mozart999uk

Quote:
Right-click while editing to toggle the function that you're using between single-sided and double-sided.
Thanks Julian.

I was looking for something with the vertical adjustments.

So for example dragging the top line up would also move the bottom line up rather than at the moment where dragging the top line up expands....

So all CC information moves up by the same amount....

In fact the same way dragging horizontal (double sided) works, but vertically
Old 01-07-2021, 03:27 PM   #172
juliansader

The intention with the Multi Tool was not to create an all-purpose CC editing/drawing environment, but rather to complement the existing native mouse modifier functions.

(The fact that the Multi Tool includes undo/redo buttons may give the impression that users are supposed to keep the Multi Tool open for long periods and do all their editing inside it, but that was not the intention.)
Old 01-08-2021, 03:19 AM   #173
mozart999uk

Quote:
The intention with the Multi Tool was not to create an all-purpose CC editing/drawing environment, but rather to complement the existing native mouse modifier functions.

(The fact that the Multi Tool includes undo/redo buttons may give the impression that users are supposed to keep the Multi Tool open for long periods and do all their editing inside it, but that was not the intention.)
Thanks for explaining :-)

I appreciate what your saying. Do you think it would be possible to include the function? I find myself using this a lot and constantly alternating between the script and the native function slows my workflow down. I write for TV and with deadlines, I'm always looking for something that speeds my workflow :-)
Old 01-08-2021, 04:34 AM   #174
daniellumertz

Quote:
Thanks for explaining :-)

I appreciate what your saying. Do you think it would be possible to include the function? I find myself using this a lot and constantly alternating between the script and the native function slows my workflow down. I write for TV and with deadlines, I'm always looking for something that speeds my workflow :-)
I really think if you keep the multi tool in an easy to acess shortcut it would't add any time to "switch" from native to the script actions.
Old 01-08-2021, 04:41 AM   #175
mozart999uk

Quote:
I really think if you keep the multi tool in an easy to acess shortcut it would't add any time to "switch" from native to the script actions.
I've it set up as a shortcut on my xkeys.

It's just an extra keypress / movement that's all.

I do so much editing of midi cc (massive orchestral templates with loads of CCs for each instrument) that any simplifying I can do helps with RSI / time etc :-)

If it's too much trouble for Julian then no worries :-) I thought maybe as he'd introduced it for horizontal movement that vertical might not be too much hassle.....
Old 01-08-2021, 07:40 PM   #176
juliansader

I've added a Move function to v6.30 of the Multi Tool.
Old 01-08-2021, 07:43 PM   #177
_Stevie_

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2021, 04:31 PM   #178
Thonex

Quote:
Awesomeness!!

Thanks for all your amazing work!

Cheers,

Andrew K
Old 01-09-2021, 09:01 PM   #179
_Stevie_

Yes, thanks so much. You are my personal MIDI hero.
Old 01-11-2021, 02:11 AM   #180
mozart999uk

Quote:
Awesome thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2021, 08:24 AM   #181
gxray

Has anyone done a video on "Script: js_Mouse editing - Multi tool.lua", or know of one?

I've been experimenting with it, and reading the notes in the script comments, but there's so much functionality that I'm having a hard time trying to figure out everything you can do with it and typical workflows.

Not sure I'm able to use it to it's full potential.
Old 01-11-2021, 11:46 AM   #182
juliansader

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any video on this script.

However, I don't think that the Multi Tool has any particular workflow. It is simply a bunch of functions intended to complement REAPER's native mouse modifier functions, and also to have a similar (or little better) user experience as these native functions. You can use it with exactly the same workflow as the native functions.

* To run a native mouse modifier function such as "Arpeggiate notes", you hold Ctrl/Shift/Alt, press the mouse button, and move the mouse around.
* To run a Multi tool function such as "Warp", you hold the shortcut key, press the mouse button, and move the mouse around.

The Multi Tool functions have some extra controls that you can access through the mousewheel and the middle and right mouse buttons (and you have the options to click and release the shortcut key and/or the left mouse button instead of holding them down, so that you can access these extra control more easily) but the workflow remains the same.
Old 01-11-2021, 12:08 PM   #183
gxray

Quote:
Unfortunately, I am not aware of any video on this script.

However, I don't think that the Multi Tool has any particular workflow. It is simply a bunch of functions intended to complement REAPER's native mouse modifier functions, and also to have a similar (or little better) user experience as these native functions. You can use it with exactly the same workflow as the native functions.

* To run a native mouse modifier function such as "Arpeggiate notes", you hold Ctrl/Shift/Alt, press the mouse button, and move the mouse around.
* To run a Multi tool function such as "Warp", you hold the shortcut key, press the mouse button, and move the mouse around.

The Multi Tool functions have some extra controls that you can access through the mousewheel and the middle and right mouse buttons (and you have the options to click and release the shortcut key and/or the left mouse button instead of holding them down, so that you can access these extra control more easily) but the workflow remains the same.
Got it -- I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Probably just need to continue experimenting with it to get the best grasp.

Thanks for all the work you do Julian, some stellar tools you've provided the community!
Old 01-11-2021, 01:45 PM   #184
reapero

It would be nice to have a gif with all the functions indeed. I could try to do that but I am sure j am not using anything so..maybe some other user?

Thanks Julian for all of the brilliant scripts! And the extension!
reapero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 10:24 PM   #185
gxray

Hey Julian,

I had a question about how much of an effort a feature would be.

When you use mousewheel to scroll for some functions in the multi-tool, there are these sort of "tension-points" where you can see it looks like the curve/tension of the current line is.

Sometimes it can be hard to tell where in your scroll behavior you are -- where that tension point is currently set to (because maybe the line isn't curved enough for it to be noticeable much).

Here's a GIF of what I mean -- you can see the "tension point" sort of move along the line as I scroll up and down, winding up finally on either end.

Would it possible to draw a little dot/visual indicator of this point to show you where the simulated tension is being placed, and if so, would it be a lot of math/effort?

Thank you =)

Old 02-06-2021, 03:13 AM   #186
_Stevie_

That’s a brillant suggestion.

Also: is there a way to reset to a linear curve without using scroll wheel?
Old 02-08-2021, 02:05 AM   #187
mozart999uk

OMG - I didn't even know you could use the scroll wheel to do this!!!!!!!!! Amazing. What great scripts these are.

Are there any video tutorials anywhere?

If not, paging Kenny......

Last edited by mozart999uk; 02-08-2021 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Got it wrong
Old 02-08-2021, 06:55 AM   #188
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
Also: is there a way to reset to a linear curve without using scroll wheel?
Not without the scrollwheel. However, it is easy to reset using the scrollwheel: if you do one long scroll towards the default (linear) curve, the curve should pause in the default position, preventing you from scrolling past it. So you should always be able to reset with one long scroll.
Old 02-08-2021, 07:00 AM   #189
juliansader

Quote:
OMG - I didn't even know you could use the scroll wheel to do this!!!!!!!!! Amazing. What great scripts these are.

Are there any video tutorials anywhere?

If not, paging Kenny......
Sadly, no video tutorial. However, the help documentation inside the script file is quite extensive. (If anything in the documentation is unclear, please let me know!)

The Multi Tool's functions can be controlled by the mouse while the script is running:

* Middle-click: Switches between a sine curve and a linear/power curve.

* Right-click: Switches the script mode between one-sided and two-sided (symmetrical).

* Mousewheel: Tweaks the smoothness/steepness of the curve. Slow, short scroll movements make little changes to the curve; long, fast scrolls make large changes.
Old 02-08-2021, 07:11 AM   #190
_Stevie_

Quote:
Not without the scrollwheel. However, it is easy to reset using the scrollwheel: if you do one long scroll towards the default (linear) curve, the curve should pause in the default position, preventing you from scrolling past it. So you should always be able to reset with one long scroll.
Ahh, thanks! I was never sure if that behavior is intended and resets the curve to a perfect linear one.
Thanks for clarifying!
Old 02-08-2021, 07:47 AM   #191
mozart999uk

Quote:
Sadly, no video tutorial. However, the help documentation inside the script file is quite extensive. (If anything in the documentation is unclear, please let me know!)

The Multi Tool's functions can be controlled by the mouse while the script is running:

* Middle-click: Switches between a sine curve and a linear/power curve.

* Right-click: Switches the script mode between one-sided and two-sided (symmetrical).

* Mousewheel: Tweaks the smoothness/steepness of the curve. Slow, short scroll movements make little changes to the curve; long, fast scrolls make large changes.
Great thanks! Very helpful :-)
Old 03-01-2021, 11:43 AM   #192
BryanChi

Default multi tool yellow area default to stretch and compress instead of arch and tilt

Hi Julian, I've been using this script for a while and it's super helpful, thank you so much!!

Just wondering how come the yellow area in multi tool is defaulted to stretch and compress? I have to scroll the wheel every time to make it become arch and tilt. Is this the intended behavior, or did I accidentally do something that changed the default behavior?

Thanks!
BryanChi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 01:58 AM   #193
mozart999uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanChi View Post
Hi Julian, I've been using this script for a while and it's super helpful, thank you so much!!

Just wondering how come the yellow area in multi tool is defaulted to stretch and compress? I have to scroll the wheel every time to make it become arch and tilt. Is this the intended behavior, or did I accidentally do something that changed the default behavior?

Thanks!
Hi Bryan. That's the way it works by default here too.....

You're right it is an amazing script!
Old 03-02-2021, 11:34 AM   #194
BryanChi

Quote:
Hi Bryan. That's the way it works by default here too.....

You're right it is an amazing script!
Oh I see, ummmm wouldn't it make more sense if it's defaulted to arch and tilt? You'd use the orange area if you want to compress or expand
BryanChi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:07 PM   #195
mozart999uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanChi View Post
Oh I see, ummmm wouldn't it make more sense if it's defaulted to arch and tilt? You'd use the orange area if you want to compress or expand
Sorry I'm talking out of my ass. The yellow areas have a different icon than the orange compress and expand areas. It just seems that the acurve is erm...very flat initially until you use the scroll wheel to change the shape.....
Old 03-15-2021, 08:50 AM   #196
mozart999uk

Quote:
The Multi Tool has been updated to work across multiple track automation lanes.

To edit multiple lanes, either make razor selections across the lanes, or select AIs in each of the lanes.

The guide zones are only displayed in the lane under the mouse, but edits affect all lanes.

Sorry - being very dense. How are you doing the various selections in this gif? The first one I can't work out......is it a time selection?? and the second.....how do you make razor edit selections in envelope lanes? I can't find a mouse modifier for that.....

Last edited by mozart999uk; 03-15-2021 at 08:51 AM. Reason: thought of something else
Old 03-15-2021, 09:15 AM   #197
daniellumertz

By default is alt to make razor edit you can start in a envelope and end in another
Old 03-15-2021, 09:25 AM   #198
mozart999uk

Quote:
By default is alt to make razor edit you can start in a envelope and end in another
Thanks. Is this in mouse modifiers : "envelope lane: left drag"?

Mine is currently set to "draw pooled copy of automation item" . I've tried double clicking on that option but can't find any razor edit options there.......
Old 03-15-2021, 11:25 AM   #199
daniellumertz

Arrange View > Right Drag !
Old 03-16-2021, 02:10 AM   #200
mozart999uk

Quote:
Arrange View > Right Drag !