Old 01-31-2021, 08:14 PM   #7281
RJHollins
Human being with feelings

I know most everyone has had a lot of things happening to them this past, brutal year ... and I have gone even deeper into my Audio work [so maybe even a positive out of this].

I'm sure I've asked about this, so forgive one who's last brain cell has taken a beating ...

So ... there are a few Plugins that I would like to 'Stripper-ize'.

The latest one is the WEISS-MP equalizer.

The issue [as with most plugins I'm considering] ...

They are LINKed Left/Right and can do Mid/Side.

I know we have a 'GROUP' function ... but that is not good for workflow.

Maybe there is [or not] ... we need a way to LINK 2 separate parameters with a GUI control [Button] that can Link and UN-Link. They need to be able to link many different pairs [separately/ or individually]. [not sure that makes total sense ... but I mean it in the most practical way.

2nd thing. There was a certain GUI section of Stripper that had the ability to place a parameter control across a spectral Grid [X/Y] ... much as in Fabfilter EQ.

This WEISS-MP eq using only this X/Y grid to navigate [it also has a pop up menu to control that nodes specific Freq, Q, Gain, Band curve].

Problem is ... the numerics are so small ... I can barely see them without moving in closer to the screen, and leaving the sweet spot ... thus looking to make a Stripper version.

But it too is L/R, and Mid/Side. These are critical options needed to access.

Is there already a 'Control' for this ? If not ... could there be ??

Hope everyone stays well and maintain Positive.
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:58 AM   #7282
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbiont View Post
I see your point with Edit track, extra backup may be useful... So I can live with it, but to have an option is always better than not to have it, isn't it?

"Plugin not found" error happens quite rarely, not sure how exactly I obtained it, I suspect that it happen occasionally when using Learn for parameters mapping.
The strip that was saved showing this error shows it in Dynamic mode and as well if added from Strip Browser. I don't think this is specific-plugin-connected... If I will find a way to steadily reproduce it, I'll let you know.

If you don't object, a couple more questions:
- Is there some way to fully delete channel strip other than manually do it in file explorer?
- What is the quickest way to get to edit strip in dynamic mode? (don't see any at hand)

And just for the record, a couple of feature requests:
- add button to toggle Strips browser
- something needs to be done with track buttons centering in the dynamic mode's toolbar. If stripper window is not full width, only one or two buttons are visible, though there is plenty of vast empty space to the sides. I have to manually stretch the window almost to full monitor width to see more tracks.
- it would also be good to have the ability to hide the bottom toolbar altogether (like we do with sidebar and topbar) - would be useful if using docked Stripper window, then this toolbar is not necessary (we can switch tracks from reaper TCP) but it eats very much space
- change default control type to uni-directional knob (like SimpleFlat_64.png), I believe those are more common than bi-directional, or even better, to add option to set the default control type
In Live mode - you can fully delete a channel strip by right clicking on the track you want to remove all strips for in the sidebar. There is no point doing this in DM mode as it's dynamic anyway (delete the plugins - the strips will be removed).

To delete individual strips in DM mode - Alt+Click on the switcher (button above each plugins strip) - or Shift+Right-click on the switcher - delete switcher. Ensure in settings that the option General->Delete FX with Strip option is ticked.

To edit an existing strip in DM mode - simply Shift-Right-click on the switcher - Edit Strip option. You can also Shift+right-click on a strip in the strip browser to edit it (without having to load it into the current track first).

To edit a new strip in DM mode - press F.

Press 0 to toggle Strip Browser visibility

With the track buttons - Press M (to toggle open the mixer), drag the edges of the mixer section as wide as they will go to allow for more track buttons.

Press Q to hide the track buttons (and mixer if visible).

I'll look into an option to change the default control type when I have time.

A list of all default keyboard shortcuts is here:

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=6158

but these can be changed using the keycommands.ini file in the LBXCS_Resources folder.

Hope this helps.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 03:09 AM   #7283
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
I know most everyone has had a lot of things happening to them this past, brutal year ... and I have gone even deeper into my Audio work [so maybe even a positive out of this].

I'm sure I've asked about this, so forgive one who's last brain cell has taken a beating ...

So ... there are a few Plugins that I would like to 'Stripper-ize'.

The latest one is the WEISS-MP equalizer.

The issue [as with most plugins I'm considering] ...

They are LINKed Left/Right and can do Mid/Side.

I know we have a 'GROUP' function ... but that is not good for workflow.

Maybe there is [or not] ... we need a way to LINK 2 separate parameters with a GUI control [Button] that can Link and UN-Link. They need to be able to link many different pairs [separately/ or individually]. [not sure that makes total sense ... but I mean it in the most practical way.

2nd thing. There was a certain GUI section of Stripper that had the ability to place a parameter control across a spectral Grid [X/Y] ... much as in Fabfilter EQ.

This WEISS-MP eq using only this X/Y grid to navigate [it also has a pop up menu to control that nodes specific Freq, Q, Gain, Band curve].

Problem is ... the numerics are so small ... I can barely see them without moving in closer to the screen, and leaving the sweet spot ... thus looking to make a Stripper version.

But it too is L/R, and Mid/Side. These are critical options needed to access.

Is there already a 'Control' for this ? If not ... could there be ??

Hope everyone stays well and maintain Positive.
Hey RJ,

The putting parameter controls across spectral grid option would be the EQ Engine in Track->Other controls. I'll admit I have not visited this for a looooong time - so it may require a makeover one day. I'm pretty sure it should still work ok though. But it is a button that sits on a strip - when you click the button it opens the X/Y grid type view.

Regarding linking controls - other than a macro control to link separate L and R controls - and maybe hiding these linked controls inside a switcher - and having the switcher toggle between L+R versions and the macro-linked version - I cannot think of a better way. It would take a bit of work to get it set up and working nicely - but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

But it would probably be nice to have an easier way to simply link 2 controls and have a button to enable/disable the link. I shall think on it.
Old 02-01-2021, 03:21 AM   #7284
RJHollins

EQ Engine ... that was the one ... and oh my ...

I have completely forgotten how to do any assigning with this sad

I'll look back at this after some shuteye.

As for a new 'LINK' feature ... All I can say is Thank-you for the consideration.
Old 02-01-2021, 04:08 AM   #7285
lb0

Quote:
EQ Engine ... that was the one ... and oh my ...

I have completely forgotten how to do any assigning with this sad

I'll look back at this after some shuteye.

As for a new 'LINK' feature ... All I can say is Thank-you for the consideration.
Check on my youtube channel - the original video showing how to set it up is still there and should still be valid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIic9n9VKwM

It's a boring watch - and no commentary as done on my laptop years ago. But if you watch carefully enough - you should get the gist.
Old 02-01-2021, 06:34 AM   #7286
RJHollins

Thank-You !!
Old 02-01-2021, 08:12 AM   #7287
cyberbiont

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
In Live mode - you can fully delete a channel strip by right clicking on the track you want to remove all strips for in the sidebar. There is no point doing this in DM mode as it's dynamic anyway (delete the plugins - the strips will be removed).

To delete individual strips in DM mode - Alt+Click on the switcher (button above each plugins strip) - or Shift+Right-click on the switcher - delete switcher. Ensure in settings that the option General->Delete FX with Strip option is ticked.

To edit an existing strip in DM mode - simply Shift-Right-click on the switcher - Edit Strip option. You can also Shift+right-click on a strip in the strip browser to edit it (without having to load it into the current track first).

To edit a new strip in DM mode - press F.

Press 0 to toggle Strip Browser visibility

With the track buttons - Press M (to toggle open the mixer), drag the edges of the mixer section as wide as they will go to allow for more track buttons.

Press Q to hide the track buttons (and mixer if visible).

I'll look into an option to change the default control type when I have time.

A list of all default keyboard shortcuts is here:

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=6158

but these can be changed using the keycommands.ini file in the LBXCS_Resources folder.

Hope this helps.
Great, many thanks for detailed explanation! It turns out that so many more cool features are under surface! LBX Stripper is totally worth time spent to learn it.

The only thing I'm missing now is advanced MIDI learn, comparing with standard Reaper handling of Parameters (param button in FX Window)
strange that Param Modulation works by summoning a Reaper's "Parameter/Modulation Link" dialog, but Learn doesn't work via Reaper's "MIDI/OSC learn" (not the mightiest way also, but has at least absolute/relative mode settings and soft takeover), is there technical issue here why this cannot be done?

Speaking of deleting strips I meant deleting strip altogether, from disk. i.e. if I decide to not use this plugin anymore, delete its strip so it doesn't clutter Strip Browser. I believe to do that I have to delete strip's file in File Explorer, am I right?

"0" shortcut for Strip Browser is surely working, but it's not very obvious (without digging through documentation I couldn't understand what Strip Browser everybody's talking about) and switching it on/off is the only thing that is not available with mouse only and makes me use the other part of the keyboard. I feel like having a small button for it in the upper toolbar in addition to the keyboard shortcut would be more comfortable.
cyberbiont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 03:07 PM   #7288
lb0

Quote:
Great, many thanks for detailed explanation! It turns out that so many more cool features are under surface! LBX Stripper is totally worth time spent to learn it.

The only thing I'm missing now is advanced MIDI learn, comparing with standard Reaper handling of Parameters (param button in FX Window)
strange that Param Modulation works by summoning a Reaper's "Parameter/Modulation Link" dialog, but Learn doesn't work via Reaper's "MIDI/OSC learn" (not the mightiest way also, but has at least absolute/relative mode settings and soft takeover), is there technical issue here why this cannot be done?

Speaking of deleting strips I meant deleting strip altogether, from disk. i.e. if I decide to not use this plugin anymore, delete its strip so it doesn't clutter Strip Browser. I believe to do that I have to delete strip's file in File Explorer, am I right?

"0" shortcut for Strip Browser is surely working, but it's not very obvious (without digging through documentation I couldn't understand what Strip Browser everybody's talking about) and switching it on/off is the only thing that is not available with mouse only and makes me use the other part of the keyboard. I feel like having a small button for it in the upper toolbar in addition to the keyboard shortcut would be more comfortable.
Yeah - midi learn simply doesn't work when calling the action to open the learn dialog from a script. I've no idea why - and flagged it to the devs way back at the beginning of the Stripper project - but AFAIK it's never been addressed. Opening it from the action list seems to work fine - but opening it from a script - the dialog opens but never responds to any incoming midi and is useless.

And there are no API functions to set it up either. It could probably be done using the chunk - but apart from being fiddly - would also be very slow on tracks with large chunks (Eg. anything with Kontakt).

I do have another script - Smart Knobs - which does dynamic learning of plugins - which works pretty well. Smart Knobs 2 is still in the works - and although running behind schedule - is very close to completion. This takes a different and much more versatile approach to assigning external controllers to parameters - complete with midi feedback.

Ah - deleting Strips altogether - yes safest way is from Explorer - and deleting the strip files from the strips folder in LBXCS_resources.

Regarding the Strip Browser - yes - pressing 0 is currently the only way to open it, although you can close it by right-clicking on the Strip Browser title bar. I'll consider adding a dedicated button for it in the future. If by upper toolbar you mean the top bar (as I call it) - I personally never have the top bar visible - as everything on it can be done from keyboard - which for me is quicker - so again - I've never done it because no one ever asked - until now
Old 02-02-2021, 08:15 AM   #7289
cyberbiont

Quote:
Yeah - midi learn simply doesn't work when calling the action to open the learn dialog from a script. I've no idea why - and flagged it to the devs way back at the beginning of the Stripper project - but AFAIK it's never been addressed. Opening it from the action list seems to work fine - but opening it from a script - the dialog opens but never responds to any incoming midi and is useless.

And there are no API functions to set it up either. It could probably be done using the chunk - but apart from being fiddly - would also be very slow on tracks with large chunks (Eg. anything with Kontakt).

I do have another script - Smart Knobs - which does dynamic learning of plugins - which works pretty well. Smart Knobs 2 is still in the works - and although running behind schedule - is very close to completion. This takes a different and much more versatile approach to assigning external controllers to parameters - complete with midi feedback.

Ah - deleting Strips altogether - yes safest way is from Explorer - and deleting the strip files from the strips folder in LBXCS_resources.

Regarding the Strip Browser - yes - pressing 0 is currently the only way to open it, although you can close it by right-clicking on the Strip Browser title bar. I'll consider adding a dedicated button for it in the future. If by upper toolbar you mean the top bar (as I call it) - I personally never have the top bar visible - as everything on it can be done from keyboard - which for me is quicker - so again - I've never done it because no one ever asked - until now
Thanks, a will give Smart Knob 2 a spin once it is released! meanwhile I guess I'll have to look for a workaround to re-map CC's the way i want before they reach Stripper.

BTW, I have just done some experimenting and found that ReaLearn works fine with Stripper, allowing to do advanced MIDI learning... the downside is that I cannot assign and save default MIDI mapping for the plugin and it needs to be done per project or by saving/loading standard fxp presets that ReaLearn use.
And of course I also have to put ReaLearn VST on each track I want to control.
Is Smart Knob different in this regard?

Last edited by cyberbiont; 02-02-2021 at 08:20 AM.
Old 02-03-2021, 07:40 AM   #7290
lb0

Quote:
Thanks, a will give Smart Knob 2 a spin once it is released! meanwhile I guess I'll have to look for a workaround to re-map CC's the way i want before they reach Stripper.

BTW, I have just done some experimenting and found that ReaLearn works fine with Stripper, allowing to do advanced MIDI learning... the downside is that I cannot assign and save default MIDI mapping for the plugin and it needs to be done per project or by saving/loading standard fxp presets that ReaLearn use.
And of course I also have to put ReaLearn VST on each track I want to control.
Is Smart Knob different in this regard?
Apparently you can use ReaLearn (latest beta version) with my Smart Knobs 1 script.

But Smart Knobs 2 takes a completely different approach to Smart Knobs 1, and does not require anything that doesn't come with it. It utilizes control tracks which any SK2 controlled controllers will be linked to. Then some JSFX do necessary routing, feedback and data storage - so that the main SK2 Lua script can map the midi input to any necessary parameters. It can be connected to Stripper so that when you select a strip in Stripper - it maps to the associated plugin.
Old 02-03-2021, 11:21 AM   #7291
cyberbiont

Quote:
Apparently you can use ReaLearn (latest beta version) with my Smart Knobs 1 script.

But Smart Knobs 2 takes a completely different approach to Smart Knobs 1, and does not require anything that doesn't come with it. It utilizes control tracks which any SK2 controlled controllers will be linked to. Then some JSFX do necessary routing, feedback and data storage - so that the main SK2 Lua script can map the midi input to any necessary parameters. It can be connected to Stripper so that when you select a strip in Stripper - it maps to the associated plugin.
Sounds enticing! Is there any beta version available to download already?
By the way it would be cool if you put your scripts on ReaPack
Old 02-04-2021, 02:08 PM   #7292
Malfunction

I get "Failed to create save file:" error message on startup.
Malfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 02:17 PM   #7293
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction View Post
I get "Failed to create save file:" error message on startup.
Does it ask you to save the project before you receive this message?

I think something can trigger it and if you save your default reaper project - you can end up getting it every time you start Stripper.

I'll try to track down the issue.
Old 02-27-2021, 10:33 PM   #7294
RJHollins

Hi lb0,

It's me ......... again :|

So I renewed my Reaper License for v6 ... and started off with a Portable
version to begin with [v5.977 is my working one].

I've done all the things [i think] I needed to do in order to transpose all my v5 stuff into V6.23 [portable].

Got my SWS, ReaPack, etc.

Now to LBX STRIPPER.

I did use my v5 system CONFIG file to IMPORT into v6, most things seemed correct [most things].

When I try to launch STRIPPER, I get this message:

Please ensure you have the:

__default
SimpleFlat_48
SimpleFlat_96
SimpleFlat2_96
__Snapshot
__XY
__XYTarget
SimpleBox_9632
Switcher

files in your LBXCS_resources/controls/ folder.
You can get these files from the LBX Stripper project on github - in the LBXCS_resources zip file

Expected location of LBXCS_resources folder is: C:/REAPER.6.23.Portable/Scripts/LBX/LBXCS_resources/

So I went to the GitHub, and grabbed a new Resource.ZIP, and the latest Stripper.LUA [the general names], and placed them in the PortableFolder in the Script section like we always do.

No go as yet.

Don't know what the heck I missed or messed.

Suggestions ?

Thanks
Old 03-01-2021, 04:15 PM   #7295
RJHollins

Well, as a last resort, I downloaded the latest js_ReaScriptAPI
and placed it in the portable's User Plugins.

Went into ACTIONS .... LBX, and made sure I was loading the correct Stripper
from the portable.

Resource is in the correct place ...

Don't know what else to do, or have overlooked :|
Old 03-01-2021, 04:43 PM   #7296
lb0

Quote:
Well, as a last resort, I downloaded the latest js_ReaScriptAPI
and placed it in the portable's User Plugins.

Went into ACTIONS .... LBX, and made sure I was loading the correct Stripper
from the portable.

Resource is in the correct place ...

Don't know what else to do, or have overlooked :|
Hi RJ,

I really don't know why there's a problem here. I've just installed a portable (named the folder same as yours) - installed SWS/JS API, Got the latest Stripper and LBXCS_resources folder from github - placed them in the C:/REAPER.6.23.Portable/Scripts/LBX/ folder

And it's working perfectly. All I can suggest is check and double check all the file paths. This can only be a case of it not finding the resources folder correctly.

Ensure LBXCS_resources folder is in the Scripts/LBX/ folder - and there isn't a double LBXCS_resources folder (eg. Scripts/LBX/LBXCS_resources/LBXCS_resources/). You may have unzipped the resources folder into a new LBXCS_resources folder - named after the zip file - but the zip file contains the LBXCS_resources folder - so it's possible you ended up with an extra unwanted folder?
Old 03-01-2021, 06:23 PM   #7297
RJHollins

I'm baffled too

This is the PATH I have for the Resource folder:

C:\REAPER.6.23.Portable\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resource s

the LBX Stripper.lua file is in:

C:\REAPER.6.23.Portable\Scripts\LBX

I specifically went back to Actions, and made sure the correct LBX Stripper.lua
file is the correct one.

.......... :|
Old 03-01-2021, 06:24 PM   #7298
lb0

Quote:
I'm baffled too

This is the PATH I have for the Resource folder:

C:\REAPER.6.23.Portable\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resource s

the LBX Stripper.lua file is in:

C:\REAPER.6.23.Portable\Scripts\LBX

I specifically went back to Actions, and made sure the correct LBX Stripper.lua
file is the correct one.

.......... :|
What is in the LBXCS_resources folder - can you post a pic or list of folders?
Old 03-01-2021, 06:45 PM   #7299
RJHollins

OK ... I'll check that .... but meanwhile ...

I went into my old v5.9 Installed version [which I also kinda messed up] [yeah ... seems I've been a piece of work lately] .... anyway,

I had updated my original v5.977 to the very latest v5.999 [i think], and that's when things messed up ...

Anyway ... in the v5 Full Install, I updated the SWS and the reaper_js_ReaScriptAPI64.dll to their latest versions.

Now the STRIPPER window actually opens ... but with these messages.

Stripper version 0.94.0196 requires SWS version 2.10.0.1 or later
Stripper version 0.94.0196 requires JS_ReascriptAPI version 0.961 or later
Running incorrect versions may result in crashes when performing certain functions, or functions not working.

And in the Stripper window ... another error message:

LBX Stripper.lua:52383: attempt to call a nil value (field 'JS_Mouse_GetState')

Not maybe progress .... but it has advanced to some other issues.

How much fun can I generate ?!?

I hope you can gleen me guidance forward lb0.
Old 03-01-2021, 06:46 PM   #7300
RJHollins

Quote:
What is in the LBXCS_resources folder - can you post a pic or list of folders?
Oh ... the entire LBX Folder came from my previously saved CONFIGURATION file that I Exported from v5, and IMPORTED into the portable v6.23
Old 03-01-2021, 06:49 PM   #7301
RJHollins

2nd note ....

I did pull a copy of the entire [USER location] Reaper folder onto my Desktop for backup.

Unfortunately, I didn't make a backup of the Reaper in C:\PROGRAMS folder [ugg]
Old 03-01-2021, 06:55 PM   #7302
lb0

Quote:
OK ... I'll check that .... but meanwhile ...

I went into my old v5.9 Installed version [which I also kinda messed up] [yeah ... seems I've been a piece of work lately] .... anyway,

I had updated my original v5.977 to the very latest v5.999 [i think], and that's when things messed up ...

Anyway ... in the v5 Full Install, I updated the SWS and the reaper_js_ReaScriptAPI64.dll to their latest versions.

Now the STRIPPER window actually opens ... but with these messages.

Stripper version 0.94.0196 requires SWS version 2.10.0.1 or later
Stripper version 0.94.0196 requires JS_ReascriptAPI version 0.961 or later
Running incorrect versions may result in crashes when performing certain functions, or functions not working.

And in the Stripper window ... another error message:

LBX Stripper.lua:52383: attempt to call a nil value (field 'JS_Mouse_GetState')

Not maybe progress .... but it has advanced to some other issues.

How much fun can I generate ?!?

I hope you can gleen me guidance forward lb0.
The latest SWS didn't play with my version checking very nicely (no idea why - one of those weird bugs with no explanation). The latest Stripper version should fix it. If it doesn't then I suspect Reaper is not seeing SWS properly.

Not sure why the JS is complaining - it's always been ok for me - although I may be a few versions behind the latest... The fact it's complaining about JS_Mouse_GetState suggests you're actually either running an older version or Reaper isn't finding it at all.
Old 03-01-2021, 07:14 PM   #7303
RJHollins

Quote:
The latest SWS didn't play with my version checking very nicely (no idea why - one of those weird bugs with no explanation). The latest Stripper version should fix it. If it doesn't then I suspect Reaper is not seeing SWS properly.

Not sure why the JS is complaining - it's always been ok for me - although I may be a few versions behind the latest... The fact it's complaining about JS_Mouse_GetState suggests you're actually either running an older version or Reaper isn't finding it at all.
Well ... I did have an issue at first with Reaper not showing any SWS's in Actions ... but I finally got that working [at least other things that needed SWS are working].

I did go to the Stripper Git Hub, and grabbed the latest version I saw ... but maybe that is something I'll redo, because I recall that Saving the LUA from that page is a bit tricky.

i'll try that now ........
Old 03-01-2021, 07:19 PM   #7304
RJHollins

Nope ... re-downloaded the Stripper.LUA same issue and error with the Mouse thing.

OK ... so do you recall what version of SWS was working ?
Old 03-02-2021, 02:00 AM   #7305
lb0

Quote:
Nope ... re-downloaded the Stripper.LUA same issue and error with the Mouse thing.

OK ... so do you recall what version of SWS was working ?
All versions of SWS are working here (well those that are beyond the minimum required version).

The latest version (of Stripper) should eliminate the message - but TBH with both JS API and SWS complaining - I think you still have problems with those being properly registered in Reaper - or the versions are incorrect (too old).

I can send you a simple test script that will check the existence of SWS and JS APIs... (but really that's what the version checking is doing in Stripper).
Old 03-02-2021, 03:00 AM   #7306
RJHollins

Quote:
All versions of SWS are working here (well those that are beyond the minimum required version).

The latest version (of Stripper) should eliminate the message - but TBH with both JS API and SWS complaining - I think you still have problems with those being properly registered in Reaper - or the versions are incorrect (too old).

I can send you a simple test script that will check the existence of SWS and JS APIs... (but really that's what the version checking is doing in Stripper).
Hi lb0,

I just don't know what else I should be doing. I have tried several different versions of each of the 3 Files being mentioned.

Also have tried to be certain I've placed things in the proper locations [it's not that complicated].

But maybe yeah ... since I can't get Stripper to post, maybe the 'troubleshoot' you mentioned might show the issue.

Really sorry to bug you about something like this. It is the last piece of the 'upgrade' puzzle. I just renewed my Reaper License for v6, and why I even went to do this.

Thanks for any help .... much appreciated !

As for SWS .... I think I do have this installed correctly, as there are special function that are used for my Monitor Switching off the Master to the Hardware Outputs. And that is working.

Also, searching ACTIONS for SWS does so the large listing of those. [if that matters/helps]
Old 03-02-2021, 09:17 AM   #7307
lb0

Quote:
Hi lb0,

I just don't know what else I should be doing. I have tried several different versions of each of the 3 Files being mentioned.

Also have tried to be certain I've placed things in the proper locations [it's not that complicated].

But maybe yeah ... since I can't get Stripper to post, maybe the 'troubleshoot' you mentioned might show the issue.

Really sorry to bug you about something like this. It is the last piece of the 'upgrade' puzzle. I just renewed my Reaper License for v6, and why I even went to do this.

Thanks for any help .... much appreciated !

As for SWS .... I think I do have this installed correctly, as there are special function that are used for my Monitor Switching off the Master to the Hardware Outputs. And that is working.

Also, searching ACTIONS for SWS does so the large listing of those. [if that matters/helps]
Have emailed.
Old 03-04-2021, 11:21 AM   #7308
Ozman

Well, damn!
I'm just noticing that TZ has passed.
Shux, man.
I've always looked forward to whatever he adds to the conversation.
Gonna miss him.
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 12:05 PM   #7309
ovnis

Hello, there is issues with undo function, here!
ovnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 12:06 PM   #7310
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnis View Post
Hello, there is issues with undo function, here!
Any more info?
Old 03-13-2021, 11:56 AM   #7311
DaniloVillanova

getting an error in Linux. Anybody made it work?
DaniloVillanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 12:02 PM   #7312
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniloVillanova View Post
getting an error in Linux. Anybody made it work?
What error?

I have thought that the recent introduction of LV2 plugins might be a problem (if you are using the latest builds that have the LV2 compatibility).

I don't have a linux install here - so have not been able to test it out (it's on my list of things to do - but probably not for a little while yet) - but if you can post the error - I might be able to see if it's anything easily fixable.
Old 03-13-2021, 06:03 PM   #7313
DaniloVillanova

Quote:
What error?

I have thought that the recent introduction of LV2 plugins might be a problem (if you are using the latest builds that have the LV2 compatibility).

I don't have a linux install here - so have not been able to test it out (it's on my list of things to do - but probably not for a little while yet) - but if you can post the error - I might be able to see if it's anything easily fixable.
I get two messges. One is:

"LBX Stripper.lua:53399: attempt to call a nil value (field 'JS_Mouse_GetState')"

The other is:

"Stripper version 0.94.0197 requires JS_ReascriptAPI version 0.961 or later
Running incorrect versions may result in crashes when performing certain functions, or functions not working."

I have he latest version of JS_ReascriptAPI installed.

Thanks!
DaniloVillanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 12:23 AM   #7314
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniloVillanova View Post
I get two messges. One is:

"LBX Stripper.lua:53399: attempt to call a nil value (field 'JS_Mouse_GetState')"

The other is:

"Stripper version 0.94.0197 requires JS_ReascriptAPI version 0.961 or later
Running incorrect versions may result in crashes when performing certain functions, or functions not working."

I have he latest version of JS_ReascriptAPI installed.

Thanks!
Both errors suggest there's a problem either with the JS API install, or maybe the JS_Mouse_GetState function is not available in Linux (don't think so though).
Old 03-14-2021, 02:46 PM   #7315
vitalker

Hello lb0. When I was using your functions for moving fx, I found some sort of bug. This concerns the function RemoveFXChunkFromTrackChunk(trchunk, fxn). The bug is when you remove bypassed fx and move its chunk, the next fx will also get bypassed. I've discovered the problem is with the line:
Code:
s, e = string.find(trchunk,'(BYPASS.-WAK %d)',s)
I've changed it to
Code:
s, e = string.find(trchunk,'(BYPASS.-WAK %d %d)',s)
and the issue gone.
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 04:32 PM   #7316
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
Hello lb0. When I was using your functions for moving fx, I found some sort of bug. This concerns the function RemoveFXChunkFromTrackChunk(trchunk, fxn). The bug is when you remove bypassed fx and move its chunk, the next fx will also get bypassed. I've discovered the problem is with the line:
Code:
s, e = string.find(trchunk,'(BYPASS.-WAK %d)',s)
I've changed it to
Code:
s, e = string.find(trchunk,'(BYPASS.-WAK %d %d)',s)
and the issue gone.
Hi Vitalker,

Thanks for spotting the bug - and especially for tracking down the issue - much appreciated - and saved me a lot of time.

Yeah - I've noticed 2 other cases where I'm also looking for WAK %d instead of WAK %d %d. (Some chunk functions above the one you mentioned).

I would do a search in the code for WAK %d - and you'll easily find them. I've updated my code - and will upload the fix soon.

Makes me wonder if the second number has been added to the WAK entry since I created these functions - which would have been around 5 years ago. If not this then I guess I've just been lucky that it's not noticeably affected me up to now.

I should also probably check whether these functions functionality have been superceded by dedicated API calls (I know you can now move FX via the API which you couldn't when I started Stripper - but I have updated many places where I need to do this - although these functions are also used for other purposes - so I should review them again sometime).

Cheers,
Leon.

EDIT:

If you're using the code in your own stuff - and all you want to do is move FX about - I would recommend using the APIs reaper.TrackFX_CopyToTrack and reaper.TrackFX_CopyToTake (and the TakeFX versions).
Old 03-15-2021, 12:45 AM   #7317
vitalker

Quote:
Hi Vitalker,

Yeah - I've noticed 2 other cases where I'm also looking for WAK %d instead of WAK %d %d. (Some chunk functions above the one you mentioned).

I would do a search in the code for WAK %d - and you'll easily find them. I've updated my code - and will upload the fix soon.

EDIT:

If you're using the code in your own stuff - and all you want to do is move FX about - I would recommend using the APIs reaper.TrackFX_CopyToTrack and reaper.TrackFX_CopyToTake (and the TakeFX versions).
Thank Leon. Well yeah, there is also same "bug" in functions
GetFXChunkFromTrackChunk
GetFXChunks
No, it's not the only function I use. This function (copying to track) creates undo point, which is highly undesirable here. That's why I don't use MoveFXChunkX.
You're right, the second number in WAK was added between 06.2019 (5.978 version) and 03.2020 (6.05 version). I even think it could be added in 6.0 version. I've discovered this by checking my projects. I don't know what Justin changed and why.

Last edited by vitalker; 03-15-2021 at 12:53 AM.
Old 03-15-2021, 01:05 AM   #7318
lb0

Quote:
Thank Leon. Well yeah, there is also same "bug" in functions
GetFXChunkFromTrackChunk
GetFXChunks
No, it's not the only function I use. This function (copying to track) creates undo point, which is highly undesirable here. That's why I don't use MoveFXChunkX.
You're right, the second number in WAK was added between 06.2019 (5.978 version) and 03.2020 (6.05 version). I even think it could be added in 6.0 version. I've discovered this by checking my projects. I don't know what Justin changed and why.
Aha makes sense - not thought of the undo scenario.

At least I'm not going crazy regarding the WAK changing .

I think the main reason I have got away with it so far is I did replace calls to these functions when used to move or copy FX with the native API calls. Now I normally only use these functions to get the chunks for analysis when required - and never look at the WAK settings...

Many thanks again
Old 03-15-2021, 01:37 AM   #7319
vitalker

Quote:
Now I normally only use these functions to get the chunks for analysis when required - and never look at the WAK settings...

Many thanks again
These functions are used by other ones. You're welcome. Actually I found them in this thread:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=201961
Old 03-15-2021, 02:06 AM   #7320
lb0

Quote:
These functions are used by other ones. You're welcome. Actually I found them in this thread:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=201961
Ah thanks - I hadn't even remembered I'd posted them. I shall update them in the thread so to not cause problems for anyone else.