Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 02-22-2021, 03:30 PM   #1
randall7
Human being with feelings

Question KORG nanoKontrol Studio midi Mixer device not working (help please?)

SOLVED (see my post in this thread, or watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18SLcnbqwaI )
- - - - - - - - - -

I am stumped. I have a KORG nanoKontrol Studio (mixing board with 8 faders, knobs, sliders) connected to my PC by a midi USB cord. The board lights up so I know it has power. But none of the sliders or knobs have any effect on a track in Reaper.

I have the driver for it installed. The KORG editor software recognizes it and shows all the knobs and sliders for optional reconfiguring/learning. It is set up on midi port 0 as shown in the Korg uninstall utility.

When I look at the Options/Preferences Midi Devices in Reaper (v6.23 Win64), in the MIDI input to make available I see my midi keboards listed with Mode "Enabled+Control" but the KORG nanoKONTROL Studio has its Mode listed as "!!! N/A: Enabled+Control"

Last edited by randall7; 02-23-2021 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Solved
randall7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 03:48 PM   #2
b2001

!!! N/A means itís not correctly set up on your pc/reaper for whatever reason. Youíll have to sort that out to get it to work.

Seems iíve tried any or all of resetting midi devices, forgetting specific midi devices or removing and reinstalling drivers at one time or another.
b2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 09:12 AM   #3
randall7

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2001 View Post
!!! N/A means itís not correctly set up on your pc/reaper for whatever reason. Youíll have to sort that out to get it to work.

Seems iíve tried any or all of resetting midi devices, forgetting specific midi devices or removing and reinstalling drivers at one time or another.
Got it working, but it took a lot of geek hoop jumping lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18SLcnbqwaI
The basic problem is that KORG controllers need to be "seen" in the first ten midi devices otherwise they are invisible to e.g. Reaper. So I had to do the registry hacks as explained in the youtube video to make the KORG nanoKontrol Studio device visible in the first ten midi ports.Then it showed up in Reaper's midi devices so I just enabled it and I was good to go. What a pain though, it should not have to require jumping through those geek hoops!