Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 02-08-2019, 05:01 PM   #1
Rich_S
Human being with feelings

Default One imported MIDI track won't play, the rest will

My daughter just imported a bunch of MIDI tracks into Reaper from Cubase. After she assigned them to UVI VST instruments, all of the tracks play but one. We can see MIDI activity (red bargraph) on the track, but no sound on playback. We CAN get sound from the MIDI keyboard when the track is armed for recording, but no sound on playback from the import MIDI file.

I can't find any difference between this track's configuration and the others. One weird thing I noticed - the MIDI notes on the track are represented by skinny lines. All the working tracks have fatter lines. See the attached screen grab, the troublesome track is the white highlighted one. (The lines are skinny even when it's not highlighted.)

Any suggestions on why this one track won't play? Does the line weight on the tracks have any significance?
Attached Images
File Type: png MIDI_tracks.PNG (6.7 KB, 78 views)
Rich_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 06:56 PM   #2
domzy

what does it look like in event list view? anything odd about the MIDI channels or note velocities / on/offs etc?
domzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 07:58 PM   #3
Rich_S

Bah, teenagers.

She deleted the track and re-recorded it, so I can't look to see what was wrong. I specifically asked her to mute the track, but she just got rid of it.

It might have been an instrument range problem. I notice a lot of the low notes are missing from her piccolo part, so I suggested she change it to a flute.

If the problem comes back, I'l re-visit this thread. Thanks anyway.
Rich_S is offline   Reply With Quote