Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Live Use

Old 07-05-2022, 03:02 PM   #201
highway11
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexaproductions View Post
Have you tried SHIFT drag or CTL-SHFT drag?
Or hitting « i » before dragging.
Or right click on the loop selection and select the option to change loop to time selections there?
Sorry I don’t have my computer in front of me so I can’t try anything right now.
I ended up figuring it out! I had to enable Options-> Default Menu Options -> Loop Points Linked To Time Selection

Now I'm not sure how this Find Tempo is meant to be used. Do you select 1 measure of your music? I tried to do that and it gave me a tempo I know is wrong so I may be doing something wrong. I'm assuming I need to select a time range that is a certain number of bars/beats
highway11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 04:08 PM   #202
lexaproductions

It’s better to not link time selection and loop because you could be looping something and then time select something else. All the other methods to time select are better. You’ll find the actual shortcut using the mouse modifier dialog in the preferences.

The find tempo function should give you the tempo of « 4beats » that fits the time selection.
I can’t remember if I implemented other time signatures. And I don’t have access to a computer for a few days.
You can also use the tap tempo window if you want to find a tempo. Make sure you disable the warp mode when setting the song’s tempo. Else you items will be stretched when changing tempo.
lexaproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 04:19 PM   #203
lexaproductions

Head's up, there is a new release with several bug fixes, and a few new features. The release notes and the manual have been updated.
Old 07-07-2022, 08:26 PM   #204
highway11

Awesome will play around with the new version when I have time.

If I wanted to edit the action: Realive_Control_SoloClick_beat.lua can you let me know which file I can edit?

I have some basic experience creating custom actions, I'd like to try to edit this one so it doesn't mute the guitar tracks, or better yet, have it not mute any track that is record enabled.
Old 07-07-2022, 08:29 PM   #205
lexaproductions

The solo click action, does that, it soloes the click.

If you simply make the track you want "Solo Defeat" then they won't be muted.
Old 07-07-2022, 11:56 PM   #206
itamar92

Quote:
Head's up, there is a new release with several bug fixes, and a few new features. The release notes and the manual have been updated.
Exciting !!

The new Manual is Amazing!

I wonder, why you choose not to put the SEQ Drums And The SEQ Bass under the group of the VCA also like the rest of the tracks?

Also, a small request if it's possible for the next update -
I find myself every update going to the Realive API and changing the "Show all tracks in TCP" command. maybe you could make it an option in the options menu?

Thank You!
itamar92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 05:48 AM   #207
lexaproductions

1: Good catch! Those busses have been added after the VCA thingy was added.
Fixing.
2: if you mean, you don’t want to show all tracks in the edit view, it could be made optional indeed. But it be enabled by default.
Old 07-08-2022, 10:12 AM   #208
lexaproductions

There you go: v2.93 have both options...
Old 07-08-2022, 08:41 PM   #209
lexaproductions

Quick addon in 2.94:
Stats are now available in the playlist window's right click menu.
You can now easily know for how long you've been playing and how long you still have until the end of the set.
Old 07-09-2022, 11:17 PM   #210
itamar92

Quote:
Quick addon in 2.94:
Stats are now available in the playlist window's right click menu.
You can now easily know for how long you've been playing and how long you still have until the end of the set.
Wow !
Amazing
Old 07-09-2022, 11:50 PM   #211
itamar92

2: if you mean, you don’t want to show all tracks in the edit view, it could be made optional indeed. But it be enabled by default.[/QUOTE]

What I meant is that when I choose to hide certain tracks I want them to stay hidden and not show back again after I exit the Live view.

In the new update when I choose in the option not to "show all tracks in edit view " the screen set is still set to screen set no.1 (like the live view)

All the tracks are spread wide in their height.
Old 07-10-2022, 10:13 AM   #212
lexaproductions

Try it now. Let me know
Old 07-10-2022, 10:47 AM   #213
itamar92

Quote:
Try it now. Let me know
Now it's perfect
Old 07-15-2022, 01:21 PM   #214
zachymac

Default awesome awesome awesome

This is exactly what I was looking for! I play drums in a cover band, and was looking for a way to create a set list with click tracks and vocal cues. I already use EZDrummer3 on my MacBook, so I just needed to learn how to use this.

I have played around with Realive quite a bit for the past few days, and for newbies, I offer the following tips.

1st - The manual you created is very, very helpful. I was able to learn a lot. However, the very first thing I struggled with was how to install the RealiveReaperConfigZip. I did not see a mention of how to install it - perhaps it's common knowledge for regular users of Reaper? Either way, for folks looking at how to install this, I did the following
- Open Reaper
- Go to Options | Preferences
- Click on General on the left hand side
- Click on the button that says Import Configuration
Then, you will want to select the RealiveReaperConfigZip file.

Once I figured that out - I was on my way!

2nd - When you create a new project and name it, I will immediately right click on it | Save Project As. I then made a folder on my laptop called "Songs". There is a checkbox for "Create Subdirectory For Project" that I checked. For me, I having my songs organized into folders makes it easier for me to be organized.

This thing is awesome though - seriously impressive. Kudos to you and all the work, because this is amazing.
zachymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 03:22 PM   #215
lexaproductions

Thanks for the kind words.
To install:
you simply drag the file on the arrange view like you would with a wave file.
Old 07-19-2022, 05:53 AM   #216
spike2702

Hey , Loving REALive and has made my live use so much easier :-P

Just tried updating to the new version and get the below error on loading , I thought it may be due to changes i have made to some areas , however just tried on a fresh portable install as well and same issue??? (FYI Windows 11 user)

ReaScript Error
___Realive_MainAPI.lua:1688: attempt to index a nil value (local 'currFile')
spike2702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 03:59 PM   #217
lexaproductions

You have all the latest sws/jsapi/app installed?

EDIT:
Let me know what are the changes you've made. Looking at the code, REALIVE is trying to write a config file that's missing or maybe that's locked?.

I'm on mac, and everything is working. I don't have any way of troubleshooting on windows

Last edited by lexaproductions; 07-20-2022 at 06:15 AM.
Old 07-20-2022, 11:58 AM   #218
squibs

Hmm - I didn't quite understand the implications of installing this. It's really cool, but I'm wondering how I can revert to my old reaper config?
Old 07-23-2022, 04:10 AM   #219
spike2702

All working on the new version now :-) .... Did a fresh portable install and installed sws/jsapi fresh before dragging over the Realive-20220711_4.ReaperConfigZip

Thanks again for REALive .... Donation will be coming your way shortly :-P

Quote:
You have all the latest sws/jsapi/app installed?

EDIT:
Let me know what are the changes you've made. Looking at the code, REALIVE is trying to write a config file that's missing or maybe that's locked?.

I'm on mac, and everything is working. I don't have any way of troubleshooting on windows
spike2702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 06:02 AM   #220
lexaproductions

Thanks a lot.
I want to spread the love and make people realize that this is a great option for stems playback.
I sure hope to get the time make a pro video serie one day.
Old 07-23-2022, 06:08 AM   #221
lexaproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by squibs View Post
Hmm - I didn't quite understand the implications of installing this. It's really cool, but I'm wondering how I can revert to my old reaper config?
Ish this is a hard one…
In Reaper resources folder, you will find a “previous config “ folder. You may manually copy this items back to the main folder and see to which extent your old config will be resumed…

This is why I always suggest a portable install.
Old 08-03-2022, 03:12 AM   #222
squibs

Quote:
Ish this is a hard one…
In Reaper resources folder, you will find a “previous config “ folder. You may manually copy this items back to the main folder and see to which extent your old config will be resumed…

This is why I always suggest a portable install.
Thanks - my fault entirely so I deserved the reinstall. I have 2 setups now - Realive and regular. It took a while to get everything back the way I like it.
Old 08-10-2022, 07:47 PM   #223
highway11

By the way I've reconfigured my MIDI controller to be USB-Serial and ditched the Wifi RDPMidi connection, and I've been using ReaLive "live" now for the last 3 gigs. Its been working great! I actually only use it to switch guitar sounds live so far, but I'm preparing to use it for click/cue and possibly some backing tracks soon. Thanks again for you work on this awesome project!

One thing I'd love it figure out:
Is there a way to override the "all tracks minimized view" I'd like to customize that view to have some tracks vertically larger, and others hidden entirely. I've poked around a bit and haven't figured out how to accomplish this. When I hit "TAB" to switch between live playback and edit view I'd like it to keep my layout instead of reverting to "all tracks minimized" if possible.
Old 08-12-2022, 06:02 AM   #224
rcoleman180

Default REALIVE Portable

Fantastic work and dedication!!!

Can a portable instance be installed on the same computer as the regular Reaper DAW?

I would like to have both reside on the same computer. They would not be used at the same time.

Regards,

Ron

Again, FANTASTIC WORK AND DEDICATION!!!!!
rcoleman180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 06:31 AM   #225
lexaproductions

Not only do they work on the same computer, I’ve used both Realive and Reaper to playback sequences and record 32lines of audio of the same audio card for hours…
On a 2012 Mac book pro.
Justin Frankel rules…
Old 08-12-2022, 06:33 AM   #226
juan_r

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoleman180 View Post
Can a portable instance be installed on the same computer as the regular Reaper DAW?
Yes you can have both.
juan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 06:38 AM   #227
lexaproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway11 View Post
One thing I'd love it figure out:
Is there a way to override the "all tracks minimized view" I'd like to customize that view to have some tracks vertically larger, and others hidden entirely. I've poked around a bit and haven't figured out how to accomplish this. When I hit "TAB" to switch between live playback and edit view I'd like it to keep my layout instead of reverting to "all tracks minimized" if possible.
I’m not in front of the computer right now but haven’t I built a preference exactly for that the other day? Look in the options menu
Old 08-12-2022, 06:43 AM   #228
rcoleman180

Thank you for the quick response.

I will post examples of our use of REALIVE soon.

Ron
rcoleman180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 08:38 AM   #229
highway11

Quote:
I’m not in front of the computer right now but haven’t I built a preference exactly for that the other day? Look in the options menu
I found the show all tracks option and it allows me to hide tracks now thanks!

I still can't figure out how to keep the vertical zoom level for tracks. When I switch between live and edit mode using Tab key I lose the zoom level because it choose the "All tracks minimized" screenset. Can I modify this screen somehow so it keeps my preferred zoom level instead of all tracks minimized? Also with the latest version the entire screen is covered by the master track in edit mode. Is that by design?

I would like my edit view to look like this:

But it keeps reverting to this when switching between live/edit mode:
Old 08-12-2022, 09:42 AM   #230
lexaproductions

I’m out of the office for a few days without access to a computer. I will look it up asap
Old 08-14-2022, 08:48 PM   #231
lexaproductions

Hey highway11,
The same option now should avoid resizing the tracks for nothing...
Old 08-18-2022, 08:00 AM   #232
highway11

Quote:
Hey highway11,
The same option now should avoid resizing the tracks for nothing...
Thanks lexaproductuons! It seems to save the vertical zoom level now. Its a bit glitchy depending if I use the down arrow or just click on the next song whether it saves the zoom. I find if I leave force edit mode on it seems to work better. One potential new bug is the live view no longer works the way it should with zooming the structure track to full screen, but that's not a problem for me as I really don't use live view at the moment.

I wonder is there a way to save horizontal song zoom as well? I prefer to see the entire song in edit mode, but it keeps zooming in horizontally as if it's reverting to live mode.
Old 08-22-2022, 10:06 AM   #233
lexaproductions

Hey, there's a build now which should be a bit better.
Also, the line check functionalities has been improved a bit. Look it up in the release notes...
Old 09-27-2022, 04:25 PM   #234
highway11

I'm still experiencing the following issues on PC with realive v 3.007 and reaper 6.61

1. Triggering "Realive_LexaController_Stop" action causes me to lose my horizontal zoom level. It reverts back to being very zoomed in as if it were in Play View, but I have it in forced edit mode. This is on the 3rd press where it goes back to the beginning of the song.

2. Triggering "Realive_Control_ProjectTabs_FWD" causes me to lose my horizontal zoom as well. It reverts to being very zoomed in

3. On Realive startup the Project Tab list is missing. I have to enable in in the menu twice before it shows up for some reason.

Is there a way for me to permanently disable Realive from changing my zoom levels? Or at least not changing horizontal zoom at all in the above scenarios? I've noticed even going to the beginning of the song using my left arrow key causes me to lose my zoom levels.
Old 09-28-2022, 04:01 AM   #235
lexaproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway11 View Post
I'm still experiencing the following issues on PC with realive v 3.007 and reaper 6.61

1. Triggering "Realive_LexaController_Stop" action causes me to lose my horizontal zoom level. It reverts back to being very zoomed in as if it were in Play View, but I have it in forced edit mode. This is on the 3rd press where it goes back to the beginning of the song.

2. Triggering "Realive_Control_ProjectTabs_FWD" causes me to lose my horizontal zoom as well. It reverts to being very zoomed in

3. On Realive startup the Project Tab list is missing. I have to enable in in the menu twice before it shows up for some reason.

Is there a way for me to permanently disable Realive from changing my zoom levels? Or at least not changing horizontal zoom at all in the above scenarios? I've noticed even going to the beginning of the song using my left arrow key causes me to lose my zoom levels.
See my private message.
Old 10-04-2022, 01:25 PM   #236
TexaCali

This looks awesome. Is it possible to execute commands like "region looping" by pressing a midi footswitch?

Since I play guitar my hands are not free during performance and I need ways to extend a song on the fly if need. Also, would be great to have the ability to jump back to a section and not just loop a chorus. Again, solely via midi footswitches.

Thanks!
TexaCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 06:23 PM   #237
lexaproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaCali View Post
This looks awesome. Is it possible to execute commands like "region looping" by pressing a midi footswitch?

Since I play guitar my hands are not free during performance and I need ways to extend a song on the fly if need. Also, would be great to have the ability to jump back to a section and not just loop a chorus. Again, solely via midi footswitches.

Thanks!
I play bass, and do all of this using midi commands. Lookup the action list for "lexacontroller"
Then assign your midi controller to those.

My manual should answer a few of the most obvious questions.
Old 10-04-2022, 11:42 PM   #238
TexaCali

Quote:
I play bass, and do all of this using midi commands. Lookup the action list for "lexacontroller"
Then assign your midi controller to those.

My manual should answer a few of the most obvious questions.
Thanks!
TexaCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 12:24 PM   #239
zachymac

Default Question on Cues

Hi there!
So as I am building out a track, I will add all of the markers. I may then add a cue for various things (bass drop out, drums in, solo, etc). But what I realize is that I will add the cues and markers at the same time.

Then when I press the Conductor Track Build in order to get the cues for the different markers (verse, chorus, pre-chorus, etc.) - I am finding that the cue's I had added in are being deleted once I do the Conductor Track Build.

Curious if that is by design, or if I need to rethink my process for creating a track?
zachymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 01:51 PM   #240
lexaproductions

Hi
Thanks for your interest in REALIVE

By design, you add all your markers, you build the conductor tracks and then you add the special cues.

Build conductor track reset the whole thing. It is by design.