Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 08-31-2021, 06:10 AM   #1
mikehende
Human being with feelings

Default Can Reaper "demo" play 32bit plugin?

Hey guys, I am trying to get a 32bit version of Epicverb to play in the Reaper Demo version I am trying out.

https://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/downloads/

So I download and extract the 32bit version .dll file and put it into the Reaper Contents-Plugins folder:

https://i.postimg.cc/kgM4LbdG/Screen...9-07-54-AM.png

then I restart Reaper, insert a track, click on FX button but the Epicverb is not listed, any ideas please?
mikehende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 06:48 AM   #2
akademie

Wrong folder.
If you need or want it to have inside Reaper folder structure, then it has to go here:
"Plugins\FX\VST" or better yet "UserPlugins\FX\VST"

Oh, now I see you are on Mac, but you are copying there Windows DLL. It won't work of course.
You cannot run Windows plugins on Mac and viceversa.
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 06:52 AM   #3
mikehende

Oh geez, sorry for my oversight. Yeah they don't have a Mac version so I will search for Mac versions now but thanks for letting me know that 32bit version can work with the demo and also in which folder to place it, appreciate it!
Old 08-31-2021, 06:55 AM   #4
serr

Reaper's own proprietary vst-like plugins reside inside the bundled app contents. Those plugins and that location are the special case. Standard vst, au, dll, etc plugins go in your Library. There's a default place for your OS and there are subfolders for vst, au, dll, etc. Most installer scripts will put them there for you but you're just expected to know where your plug-in folders are and install them there manually half of the time. (On Mac it's Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/ and then the correct subfolder for the plug-in type. You'll have to look that up for Windows, sorry. Note that some .vst plugins have a .dll extension for the Windows version.)

Reaper CAN be pointed to other non default places too but install plugins to the default places and don't move the mountain.
serr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 06:58 AM   #5
mikehende

Ok got it, thanks!
Old 08-31-2021, 08:08 AM   #6
akademie

I would only mention, that that "UserPlugins\FX\VST" folder is searched by default even when no VST paths are configured in preferences.
So that way you can have portable Reaper with some plugins (that do not require installation). And yes it's not the preferred way for the plugins systemwise if you need/want to use them in different hosts, for sure. (I only replied to the specific procedure of OP, putting single file VST plugin to the Reaper's folder, but to the correct one at least
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote