Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 09-16-2021, 11:05 AM   #1
Bee Humble
Human being with feelings

Default Presonus Faderport (2018) stopped working after the last few Reaper updates.

Hello all.
I was just wondering if anyone using a Presonus Faderport (2018) single fader has had any trouble with it not working correctly after the last few Reaper updates have been installed recently(starting 3 or 4 updates back maybe)? Just trying to figure out if its my unit or if others are having very recent issues too.

Got the unit in early July. I use the newest version of Reaper (I always update). The Faderport is set to Mackie Control- MCU (LIVE) as the operation mode. The first month it worked flawlessly. Then I started to have to reload the Faderport in Reaper over and over as the unit just seemed to freeze up and the fader would not register any movement to a new track until I went into the Reaper settings and re-chose the Faderport again. This usually happened after lapses in time when I wasn't using the Faderport while mixing and it was just sitting idle. The process was: turn on the Faderport before loading Reaper, load Reaper, go into the settings (if Reaper didn't see the Faderport right away) and choose the Faderport 2018 that was already installed. The fader responded immediately by moving to match whatever track i was on and I was good to go.

Today I did the same process but forgot to turn on the Faderport first before picking it in the Reaper settings and now it does not work at all no matter what I do. To correct the problem I have: unplugged the unit completely and turned off the computer for 20 minutes, reloaded the firmware for the Faderport and removed and reinstalled the Faderport in Reaper over and over as well with absolutely no luck. The Presonus "Universal Control" app does see the device with no issues but it does not seem to work anymore. It worked perfectly a few hours earlier.

I sent a bug report to Presonus too. Hopefully its just a bad unit but can anyone out there who also has a Presonus Faderport 2018 (single fader) say if they have been having any issues after any of the recent Reaper updates too? I just want to try to narrow down the possible issue.

Thank you in advance all!

*UPDATE: I'm now getting an error message in Reaper that I wasn't before saying there is an "error initializing the ASIO buffers". The Audio Device settings don't seemed to have changed so not sure what to do from here?*

Last edited by Bee Humble; 09-18-2021 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Im getting an error message in Reaper that I wasn't before
Bee Humble is offline   Reply With Quote