Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 01-25-2021, 10:34 AM   #2121
benf
Human being with feelings

Hi b0se,
Hope you're feeling ok.
If you're still working on Smooth theme, would you consider modifying the BPM/TAP button on the transport bar to make it bigger ?
I just seen the iCandy theme and I think the way he made it is a very good idea.
iCandy theme
Thanks
Old 01-25-2021, 12:26 PM   #2122
nikki5000

winning moment
nikki5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 04:02 PM   #2123
mz_2250

Default I've some problems with separator in MCP

The Theme is amazing and I'm using it as default ))

But I have a problem with separator, when I engage separator as default layout separators will show and override every track ( and that's normal) but when I select a single ( right-click on MCP view) and select separator the track shrunk down and shows controls really small ( I'm on OSX high sierra if that useful).
Attached Images
File Type: png Schermata 2021-01-28 alle 23.55.38.png (40.4 KB, 407 views)
mz_2250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 04:38 PM   #2124
PMan

Hey b0se!

I just went to your BandCamp link to make a donation for this theme, and I *really* enjoyed reading the story!

Good stuff, really uplifting.

Thanks!
PMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 03:24 AM   #2125
pixeltarian

I just wanna say this is incredible and I appreciate the amount of work that went into it.
pixeltarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 10:06 AM   #2126
TechDAWg

Default Great theme

The most beautiful theme I've seen yet IMO... and I've been using Reaper for years. I have tried other themes before but always came back to the default theme with few tweaks in the adjuster. I'll try this one and probably adopt it. But now my custom toolbar looks ugly.
TechDAWg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:23 AM   #2127
Apahfello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed9999 View Post
Hi there!
Don't know if it's just here, but the light version doesn't seem to be working properly as they both are looking the same and dark with no visible change whatsoever when i swap them.
Hi everyone !

Same probleme here, also the colors seems to be a little bit darker.

Thanks !

Last edited by Apahfello; 03-01-2021 at 11:58 AM.
Apahfello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 05:38 AM   #2128
BartR

I cant' activate the second column for the Sends, into the TCP.
I see only FX
BartR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 01:36 AM   #2129
Anti

Hello folks.

1)
If you right click on your transport bar's home/end buttons, you can choose to 'use transport home/end for markers' instead. How difficult would it be for me to have marker buttons *and* home/end buttons?

2)
The digital font in the transport bar shudders and shakes as it's counting. Is there an easy fix for that while retaining that font? Or is the easiest fix just to change the font to something else, using theme tweaker?

Amazing theme. Love it. Thanks Bose!
Anti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 09:28 AM   #2130
Lopez

I love this theme!

Just saw that "transport" on 150% (via theme adjuster) has a strange text on the left side!?
Check attachement

EDIT:
100 and 200% are fine!!

Keep up the great work!
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_Freitag, 16. April 2021_18h24m23s_007_.png (14.5 KB, 345 views)

Last edited by Lopez; 04-16-2021 at 09:35 AM.
Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 09:36 AM   #2131
fbeauvaisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
I love this theme!

Just saw that "transport" on 150% (via theme adjuster) has a strange text on the left side!?
Check attachement

Keep up the great work!
This is the only reason I'm not using this theme. I tried asking around about that 150% issue and never got an answer. Too bad... This theme does look very good but since I work with with with a 3440x1440 resolution, I simply can't use it. I'm monitoring this thread in case it ever gets an update that supports 150% scaling.
fbeauvaisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 01:09 PM   #2132
Lopez

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbeauvaisc View Post
This is the only reason I'm not using this theme. I tried asking around about that 150% issue and never got an answer. Too bad... This theme does look very good but since I work with with with a 3440x1440 resolution, I simply can't use it. I'm monitoring this thread in case it ever gets an update that supports 150% scaling.
Now as you're saying it, 150% on track panel seems to be buggy as well.
I'm on 3440x1440 as well (+ additional 1920x1080), but 100% is pretty okay for me.

There are some glitches here and there, but it's okay so far...

Which theme are you using otherwise?
Old 04-16-2021, 01:29 PM   #2133
fbeauvaisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Now as you're saying it, 150% on track panel seems to be buggy as well.
I'm on 3440x1440 as well (+ additional 1920x1080), but 100% is pretty okay for me.

There are some glitches here and there, but it's okay so far...

Which theme are you using otherwise?
Yes 100% works fine but it's just too small for my taste.
fbeauvaisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 11:23 PM   #2134
Final Field

Default Theme adjuster issue with smooth 6

I installed Smooth 6 and followed instructions all worked well but when I tweak the theme to my liking colors save the nrw theme and recall the theme adjuster it doesn't recall the smooth 6 theme adjuster but the defaut one so I loose the color palette
is there a way to fix this and have the right theme adjuster back...thanks
Final Field is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 02:01 PM   #2135
X-Raym

Seems like this theme is on JST metal mixing video tutorials!

X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:33 AM   #2136
zookthespook

Thank you for this theme...will be trying it out tongiht ~ looks lovely !
zookthespook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 02:49 AM   #2137
Ideosound

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post

Nice, although it looks a ton neater using this theme with dark mode enabled in the prefs so FX windows aren't bright and ugly against the rest of the theme.
Ideosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 04:29 AM   #2138
X-Raym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ideosound View Post
dark mode enabled in the prefs

On the OS setting you mean ?

On MacOs it seems more easy, on windows it requires third party hacks: https://forums.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=228668
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 07:01 AM   #2139
Ideosound

Quote:
On the OS setting you mean ?

On MacOs it seems more easy, on windows it requires third party hacks: https://forums.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=228668
Ah yeah might be easier on mac, there is a dark mode option in Reaper's preferences not sure about win Reaper but maybe you have to have it turned on in the OS too for it to actually do anything.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:16 PM   #2140
jjonker

Default Theme Adjuster wrong 'page titles'

Hi! Love this theme! Just one thing: When I open the theme adjuster the pages titles on top don;t mach the settings below. They seem to have shifted to the right by one page. So when I am on 'Custom colors' I see the settings for the Global settings.

I am on windows 10.
Attached Images
File Type: gif 2021-05-06_00-11-14.gif (27.7 KB, 251 views)
jjonker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 10:44 AM   #2141
dupont

Is it possible to put fx at the right side of the TCP ?
dupont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 02:11 PM   #2142
Kr3eM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjonker View Post
Hi! Love this theme! Just one thing: When I open the theme adjuster the pages titles on top don;t mach the settings below. They seem to have shifted to the right by one page. So when I am on 'Custom colors' I see the settings for the Global settings.

I am on windows 10.
I solved it by doing this, however the setting will reset to default, but wasn't much work to change back in the Adjuster again.

Where you have your install folder go to:
Reaper\Scripts\Cockos\

locate the file with the theme name...as in my case was:

Smooth_6_windows_theme_adjuster.lua
....rename this by adding (Original backup) or something to the end of the name.

Then make a copy of the Default_6.0_theme_adjuster.lua and use this file instead. Rename it to the same name one as the original one.

Then open the file with a notepad and change the first line to the theme name ... sTitle = 'Smooth_6_theme_adjuster' and save...

(if you want the color palette b0se made you can copy the palette.Smooth line from the original backup file and replace the palette.Rv6 line ...you will find it around line number 32...if you have decent notepad like notepad++)
Kr3eM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 02:55 AM   #2143
jjonker

Default The adjuster fixed.

Thanks Kr3eM! I changed the lua file (I use the windows dark). I did a comparison (WinmErge) between the current reaper lua file and the Smooth Windows Dark lua file. And change the part where 'b0se' was mentioned. This works. It's not just the color section, but also a line further in the file to change the title of the palette. I did not change that at first so I was a bit confused I did not see 'Smooth' in the palettes.

Using winmerge also showed me that the Smoort lua file, compared to the reaper 6 lua file, had a lot more differences. So I guess the Smooth rua file is a cline of a (much?) loder reaper lua file?

I would be nice if we could just use the original reaper 6 lua file and then only add changes ('overrides') in a other theme lua file. That way we don;t miss any changes to the reaper lua file when it's updated.

Anyway, I got it fixed and learned some stuff about reaper themes ;-)
Old 05-07-2021, 03:59 PM   #2144
Kr3eM

Glad you got it sorted, I was thinking about suggest Winmerge but didn't want to make it 'complicated'.

My bad for missing the palette data. I don't use the palettes and barely use the theme tweaker at all since I run my own tweaked theme version of it so I had not noticed that.. glad it worked out anyway.

Yes, there have been som additional lines added in the theme tweaker since b0se released this theme. Sure it would be nice with an override option, but it's not that much in it so it's probably more work making such an option than it's worth.
Kr3eM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 03:57 AM   #2145
Timetunnelpro

Just dropping in to see whether anyone has had any luck in getting the separators on this theme to look right? It's probably the only thing that lets down this *incredible* theme to be honest. I'd love just a blank track in the mixer, that'd be ace!
Timetunnelpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 05:37 AM   #2146
Heex

Quote:
Originally Posted by mz_2250 View Post
The Theme is amazing and I'm using it as default ))

But I have a problem with separator, when I engage separator as default layout separators will show and override every track ( and that's normal) but when I select a single ( right-click on MCP view) and select separator the track shrunk down and shows controls really small ( I'm on OSX high sierra if that useful).
I have exactly the same problem on OSX Catalina (Reaper 6.29). Killed almost half a day to figure out why the separators weren't working properly. It seems that the global layout settings overwrite the specific track settings. Therefore, the separators work when set globally and do not work when another layout is set globally. Could it be that some bug was introduced in WALTER recently or something like that? I also suspect a connection with the theme adjuster, or scripts associated with it, but I have no idea how should check it.

It would be great if the theme creator or the Reaper devs said something on this topic.
Heex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 11:28 AM   #2147
benf

Hi b0se ! Still ok ?
Old 08-17-2021, 07:49 PM   #2148
User41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markdude View Post
Is there a way to scale the sizing for Windows 10 without any significant compromises? I'm in 1440p and using a 27" monitor. I absolutely love the way those 4k screenshots look (zoomed out to fit my screen properly of course) with the larger tracks and channels.

These are the things I've tried:

-Increase scaling size in Windows settings
This looks alright up to a certain point (115% or so) but the icons (transport, mute, solo, FX, etc.) and some text ("IN" under channel Input FX) look quite blurry. Past a certain point of scaling, glitches occur causing text within channel and track names to become massive. Tried using the System Enhanced scaling override option in the Reaper shortcut compatibility options but it didn't seem to help with blurriness.

-Increase scaling size in Reaper UI options
Similar results to above.

-Increase sizing of tracks + channels + transport using Theme Adjuster
This was very interesting. The results were originally similar to above, but just for fun I decided to delete the custom fonts that were part of the installation package. This allowed me to select the 150% and 200% scaling options without the issue of the gigantic text. At 150%, the icons were very blurry. However, at 200% it was apparent that much higher resolution icons were being loaded and they looked fantastic. I was able to get the mixer channels looking pretty nice by selecting 200% and then downscaling the overall UI in the Reaper settings to 0.6-0.7 or so, but the tracks were still far too big horizontally and of course there were now some other elements of the UI that were extremely tiny.

Is there anything I can do to get the sizing looking more like the screenshots?
I'm still trying to figure it out myself. I'm on a 32 inch 4k monitor and the theme looks nothing like the pics on page 1.

I get it. It is my ineptness, not the developers. But I need help!
User41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 05:39 AM   #2149
bailatosco

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartR View Post
I cant' activate the second column for the Sends, into the TCP.
I see only FX
I can't help jizzing everytime I think on using this theme with FX LIST *and* SENDS on the TCP. You know, mixing on the arranger like I used to do in ptools.
Did anyone manage to get this right with the smooth theme?
bailatosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 07:53 PM   #2150
Alez156

Quote:

it me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ideosound View Post
Nice, although it looks a ton neater using this theme with dark mode enabled in the prefs so FX windows aren't bright and ugly against the rest of the theme.

thank you for the suggestion!! I remember setting this up once but I think it made everything perform very bad. I will try again cause I definitely agree with you haha. It's ugly. Although, for video tutorial it helps a lot the big contrast sometimes.
Old 09-08-2021, 12:31 AM   #2151
Ideosound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alez156 View Post
it me!

thank you for the suggestion!! I remember setting this up once but I think it made everything perform very bad. I will try again cause I definitely agree with you haha. It's ugly. Although, for video tutorial it helps a lot the big contrast sometimes.
Dark mode on the mac version of reaper has come on a lot, I've been using it for a while and can't ever go back now hah. I've also found that unticking all 'throttle mouse events' in the prefs/general/advanced UI/(where dark mode is) makes a big difference to the smoothness of moving the arrangement around. Can't remember whether that's a default option.
Old 09-08-2021, 06:58 PM   #2152
boujwa07

Default Theme

That's the best reaper theme I have ever seen. This should become The official Reaper Theme. Period!
boujwa07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 09:45 AM   #2153
User41

Has anyone found a workaround to run this theme at 150%?

100% is too small. 200% too large.

I would think anyone with a 32 inch monitor to be in the same boat.
User41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 12:51 PM   #2154
sockmonkey72

what's this element in the TCP?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-15 um 21.46.03.png

it doesn't show in my Smooth6 (I've enabled the A Alt TCP Layout as directed) and I can't figure it out...

Also is there any way to change the color of the semi-transparent horizontal rule which shows when dragging tracks up and down in the main view? On my system, it's grey, I'd like something which pops more.

Thanks!

EDIT: OK, I figured out the first thing -- if I set the scaling to 200%, I see that part of the TCP, so it's just missing from the 150% version (which is what's shown in the instructions).

I'm still curious about the track "drag here indicator" color, though, in case someone knows. Thanks!

Last edited by sockmonkey72; 09-15-2021 at 02:02 PM.
sockmonkey72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 04:01 AM   #2155
benf

If you mean in the track container, I think this is defined somewhere else. Mine is flashy green !
Old 09-16-2021, 06:35 AM   #2156
sockmonkey72

Quote:
Originally Posted by benf View Post
If you mean in the track container, I think this is defined somewhere else. Mine is flashy green !
This one:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reaper3.jpg (41.4 KB, 1584 views)
sockmonkey72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:27 AM   #2157
benf

I made a mistake, it's not green, it's blue !

Anyway, I searched, but didn't found where it's defined.
Sorry !
Old 09-19-2021, 12:39 AM   #2158
Tuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by User41 View Post
Has anyone found a workaround to run this theme at 150%?

100% is too small. 200% too large.

I would think anyone with a 32 inch monitor to be in the same boat.
To everyone who's having this issue: what I believe is happening is that the 150% theme is missing some assets or Reaper may have removed some scale compensation that was previously embedded as a way to fill the gap between 100% and 200% percent scales.

A quick (and not insanely compromising in terms of image quality) way to fix that would be to:
1) Unzip the theme file;
2) Import the needed images in their larger resolution version (the ones missing from the 150% resolution theme assets folder but present in the 200% one) into a batch image rescaling tool;
3) Rescale them to 75% of their size — thus matching the image size of the 150% resolution image assets;
4) Re-zip the theme file and load it.

It will probably work if the theme is properly configured to load the assets for each scale from their respective folders, as Reaper itself does.

I wouldn't be able to try it here, since I don't have the necessary hardware (namely a big enough screen hahaha), but I would love to hear if it worked for you
Tuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 12:51 PM   #2159
rocketman3746

Well, I was all excited to try this theme out, but it definitely doesn't seem like plug and play. I followed the three steps, and got what you see in the attachement. Also, the theme adjuster says that the Smooth Theme Adjuster script is broken. I think I saw a reference to repairing it by copying the stock theme adjuster script, so I may try that. But how is it that the theme loads this poorly? Is my Reaper build just that unique that it won't play nice? I tried to reset the config to factory, and that made no difference either. What am I missing?

(Hopefully the Dropbox link works, I have no idea how to share a large photo and the forum restricts me to 60kb which is useless in this case)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eyzf4l16sy...sferd.png?dl=0
rocketman3746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 09:55 AM   #2160
Tobbe

Never mind. Find out myself.

Hi,

Anyone knows how to remove item label that is showing in post #1?

Thanks in advanced

Last edited by Tobbe; 10-02-2021 at 10:19 AM.
Tobbe is online now   Reply With Quote