Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 04-13-2014, 03:05 PM   #281
Vendetta V
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfog View Post
Waves VST version doesn't work that great, but Au does.
Actually AU (64 bit) doesn't really show the GUI at all to begin with :???:
Vendetta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:51 PM   #282
Hellfog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta V View Post
Actually AU (64 bit) doesn't really show the GUI at all to begin with :???:
Oh Au 64 works for me. You mean grey window with faders? I have that problem with other plug-ins but only a few.
Hellfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:27 AM   #283
Vendetta V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfog View Post
Oh Au 64 works for me. You mean grey window with faders? I have that problem with other plug-ins but only a few.
Actually it's all white for me :P
Old 04-14-2014, 06:50 AM   #284
jono

I've been talking to WAVES support via email - they've been very responsive, although they do tell me that Reaper is not supported by WAVES. Anyway, if I can't solve this, I'm going to have to roll back to V8. This is what shows up in the FX window - you can see waveshell-9.2.vst entry, but no individual plugin entries (mine are from the SSL bundle). Is there any process that I have to go thru to get the individual plugins to show up? The AU versions of the plugins show up just fine...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2014-04-11 at 3.06.11 PM.jpg (43.8 KB, 716 views)
Old 04-14-2014, 08:46 AM   #285
Vendetta V

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
I've been talking to WAVES support via email - they've been very responsive, although they do tell me that Reaper is not supported by WAVES. Anyway, if I can't solve this, I'm going to have to roll back to V8. This is what shows up in the FX window - you can see waveshell-9.2.vst entry, but no individual plugin entries (mine are from the SSL bundle). Is there any process that I have to go thru to get the individual plugins to show up? The AU versions of the plugins show up just fine...
Woah that's a bummer!
I get my Waves to show up and to load up and there's the GUI issue that when you try to resize the window the actual graphics skew down/up with the window, as opposed to them remaining as they are.

EDIT: Also note this is a Reaper issue, from what I understand, not a Waves one so I'd imagine they'd hardly be able to do anything. What we need is the Reaper devs to actually fix it. This issue is not present in Reaper 64x in Windows

Last edited by Vendetta V; 04-14-2014 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:21 PM   #286
jerome_oneil

I just had a pretty regular crash when using Melda's MEqualizer VST. This is on OSX Maverics running Reaper 4.611. Which bummed me out, as I like Melda's stuff.

I'm not sure what other information is relevant to you folks, but there ya have it.
jerome_oneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:14 PM   #287
rcl

Drumcore 3 GUI is un usable.

Reaper 4.61
OSX Mavericks

DC 3 appears to be 32bit.

So far....other than Mecuriall amps plugs working and using the TX16WX there is NO advantage to Mavericks.

It is slower than Snow Leopard...even on clean install.

Reaper GUI is definatley slower. MANY vsts GUI dont work. (not sure if this is Reaper or OSX).

Still tryin to ride it out.

but am looking into Bootcamp.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:27 PM   #288
rdesanti

Default Ambience

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb82 View Post
smartelectronix Ambience shows up in Reaper's FX list, but doesn't load the GUI when opened. :'(
Plugin seems to technically work fine though.

* Mac Mini 2011 w/ OSX 10.8.3
* Reaper 4.402/64
I got the same problem with the GUI. I wrote Smart about it but have not heard from them. Nice presets and all work fine. Just no fancy GUI.
--Mac Mini, 3 GHz 2 core i7 CPU, 16GB RAM, OSX Catalina V10.15.7 Crucial 1TB primary SSD, 500GB Samsung T5 SSD ext Audio drive,dual 27" displays, Reaper 64 bit latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie MR8 Mk 3 8" Monitors and Mackie VLZ 1404 mixer. 30 years in Audio.
rdesanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:31 PM   #289
rdesanti

Default Melda

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome_oneil View Post
I just had a pretty regular crash when using Melda's MEqualizer VST. This is on OSX Maverics running Reaper 4.611. Which bummed me out, as I like Melda's stuff.

I'm not sure what other information is relevant to you folks, but there ya have it.
I went back to Mt Lion after all the problems I had with Mavericks. Actually I downgraded to Snow Leopard the upgraded 1 knotch to Mt Lion so I could use 64 bit VSTs. With Mt Lion all of Melda Productions stuff work fine. So I'm staying put till the blessing from Reapers developers comes through and several updates after that!
2016 UPDATE: Using a Mini Mac now 16G Ram i7 CPU with Yosemite and other than some bad 32 bit plugins of which most I have eliminated, ALL is working fine. However I did have to remove some Slate VMR modules. In particular the Custom Series EQ and Lift. They kept giving me errors. No crashes since converting all my plugs to 64 bit.
--Mac Mini, 3 GHz 2 core i7 CPU, 16GB RAM, OSX Catalina V10.15.7 Crucial 1TB primary SSD, 500GB Samsung T5 SSD ext Audio drive,dual 27" displays, Reaper 64 bit latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie MR8 Mk 3 8" Monitors and Mackie VLZ 1404 mixer. 30 years in Audio.

Last edited by rdesanti; 05-02-2016 at 02:29 PM.
rdesanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:09 PM   #290
Slick

Search in ReFx Nexus 2 not working. But in "separate process" work fine.
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:13 AM   #291
TechDAWg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechDAWg View Post
I had been using Reaper for years with my PCs running Windows 7. I loved the software and it worked fine. In November 2012, I bought a Mac mini with a 2.3 GHZ Core i7 processor and 16 Mb RAM. I've had so many problems running Reaper on my Mac (unexpected crashes, midi latency with some VSTs or with all VSTs after a while, etc.) that I finally switched to Logic Pro X when it came out.

I hate many aspects of Logic but at least it's stable. No crashes, no latency, great software instruments. I would gladly go back to Reaper if it were stable on Mac but for now I'll have to live without it.

Is there anyone out there with a similar story?
Replying to my own post. After getting the long awaited beta for Jamstix OSX. I came back to Reaper because LogicX is a piece of crap when it comes to moving MIDI data from one track to another or even recording midi output from a plugin. I'm now using Reaper 4.62 with OSX 10.9.3 and I haven't had any problems for weeks. Logic has now become a bad memory. I am now a happy camper.
TechDAWg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:55 PM   #292
Jyibe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainer View Post
Izotope Ozone 3 Vst still showing surface errors.
As AU it is working fine.

Can check this with izotope vinyl vst (free).
http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/vinyl/

Reaper 3.02 intel
I've being trying to get the Izotope Vinyl plugin to work properly, but I'm running into the same issues I had with Waves plugins on 64-bit reaper in OSX:

The plugin GUI displays properly but the buttons/sliders do not engage when you click on them. Instead you have to find the right place to click to engage every button/slider (i.e. a few inches off to the left...) It's impossible to work with it.

I have my VSTs set to size both up and down, as that's the only way 64-bit Waves plugins will display properly.

Any ideas on how to solve?

Thanks all.
Jyibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:17 AM   #293
KClark

Default Audio plugins folder empty - anywhere to re-install Reaper's native plugins for OSX?

New to Reaper (and to more involved audio production), so I'm very sorry if these questions sound stupid. I'm using Reaper 64 bit, v 4.402 on OSX 10.8.5. I was told Reaper's native plugin for EQ is pretty decent, but I'm unable to find it when I click on the FX button in my track. I can see the list underneath "all plugins" and "my folders," but the drop downs for Cockos, VST, AU, JS, etc, appear empty (and yes, the filter box is clear).

In my HD's library-->audio-->plugins,all folders are totally empty as well. Is there a way to re-install these plugins? I checked online, but all I can find is a download for ReaEQ, which is only campatible with PCs. Or am I looking in the wrong place?

Trying to turn around a public radio story on deadline, so any quick help would be really really appreciated!
Thanks!
KClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:18 AM   #294
Teddycc

I just wanted to thank you.
Teddycc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:57 AM   #295
Aux13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome_oneil View Post

Did you try AU version. I'm on older system (10.6.8),running Reaper 4.72 and MeldaTotal bundle 8.05. Works ok.
Aux13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:51 AM   #296
vanhaze

Howdy,

- Using MeldaTotalbundle v8.05 - 64bit.
- Reaper 4.73 pre3 - 64bit.
- OSX 10.9.4

I am using only AU versions and don't have any problems at all.
And indeed , Melda plugins do rock !
vanhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:22 AM   #297
jono

Quote:
Woah that's a bummer!
I get my Waves to show up and to load up and there's the GUI issue that when you try to resize the window the actual graphics skew down/up with the window, as opposed to them remaining as they are.

EDIT: Also note this is a Reaper issue, from what I understand, not a Waves one so I'd imagine they'd hardly be able to do anything. What we need is the Reaper devs to actually fix it. This issue is not present in Reaper 64x in Windows
still nothing for waves 9. crazy...works fine in pro tools. Vandetta - have you had any success?
Old 10-17-2014, 04:09 PM   #298
Rocking

Hey everyone,
I've started using Reaper on OSX not so long ago. I've been using it on Windows for a few years though.

The problem is that i can't use normally 32bit VST plugins. Plugins that use to work normally on a 64bit windows system (like iZtope Vinyl), acts strange with i386 host on Mac. The sound processes good through it, but the controls starts to work only after pressing the right mouse button anywhere on the plugin interface. Lets say I try to move a fader or a knob in it, but nothing changes (neither the view nor the sound) until I press the right mouse button. Could anybody help me with with my problem?

My system if it helps:
OSX v. 10.9.5
2,7Ghz Intel Core i7
6gb ram
Tascam US-366 interface (acts the same with built in output)

Up-to-date REAPER

Thanks.
Rocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:29 AM   #299
JuanRichard

Default Sample Tank 3 SE plugin

I'm trying to use Sample Tank 3 SE with a Mac OSX 10.9.5
I find it works fine except when I try to render a project, Reaper simply shuts down as soon as I click the render file button

It saves the file name but the file won't open.
My other plugins work OK with Reaper.
JuanRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 02:28 PM   #300
Vendetta V

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
still nothing for waves 9. crazy...works fine in pro tools. Vandetta - have you had any success?
Nope just working with what I got... with eyes full of tears..... Idk why WAVES isn't working! Dammit it is one of the industry leader companies and their plugins don't work with Reaper on MAC?

Windows is fine with Waves.... Mac isn't...
Old 10-21-2014, 03:31 PM   #301
citizenkeith

As somebody who is moving to OSX in the near future... it's nice to Search This Thread and not see any reference to Valhalla and Stillwell.
citizenkeith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:58 AM   #302
Vendetta V

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkeith View Post
As somebody who is moving to OSX in the near future... it's nice to Search This Thread and not see any reference to Valhalla and Stillwell.
I have one of Valhallas reverbs and it's working pretty fine no problem with either GUI or actually process
Old 10-22-2014, 08:10 AM   #303
Vendetta V

Sorry for repost:

I'm already preparing all the files for an update to OSX Yosemite. Gonna have a clean fresh install.

I imagine bugs might be introduced by Reaper on 10.10 too...

10.10 here i come!

sigh
Old 10-23-2014, 10:02 AM   #304
JuanRichard

Default Sample Tank 3 SE plugin

I have ST 3 SE as a plugin using Mac OSX 10.9.5
I find the instruments etc all work OK & I can record within Reaper as a project. However, when I try to render the file, Reaper immediately shuts down
without saving the file.
I don't get any error messages or logs - it just disappears off the screen.
I don't have this problem with any other plugins.
JuanRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 01:32 AM   #305
RSG

The AUi of my Cameleon5000 works fine in Reaper 32. The VSTi does not work at all because the GUI fails to display (it displays fine in another 32 bit host).
The VSTi needs to work so that it can, hopefully, be used in Reaper64(bit) via the bridge.

An apparent lack of interest from the Developers regarding this problem is a concern.
RSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:34 AM   #306
hermitcrab

I am fairly new to Reaper on mac and Just found my new favourite plugins - LePou guitar amps are not working properly on my Lion 10.7.5, specifically so far :

LECTO ( VST ) screams feedback and sometimes stops all recorded channel playback ( even when changing to other projects ).

LE456 ( VST ) Level/volume decreases significantly on both channels when press High Gain/Low gain button on channel A and Clean/Crunch on channel B. If you keep on pressing the button the volume will reduce to inaudible level.

As noted previously i also experience problem with UI of Pod Farm Guitar amps - floating / detached UI only available.

All these bugs are repeatable for me.

Bummed out by this - found something great then can't use it.

There are an awful lot of plugins with problems ( particularly AU it seems ) reported here. Have most of them been fixed or are people still getting problems with them.

Its all a bit worrying for a new user like me as sometimes the demo period for plugins is not going to be long enough to find bugs before you have to drop the cash for them, then your left with a plugin you cannot use properly after spending money. Am shocked to find out Waves do not support Reaper, thats not good at all.

Thanks
hermitcrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 02:36 PM   #307
Fergler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermitcrab View Post
LE456 ( VST ) Level/volume decreases significantly on both channels when press High Gain/Low gain button on channel A and Clean/Crunch on channel B. If you keep on pressing the button the volume will reduce to inaudible level.
I've had this issue with the AU versions in 10.6 with Logic 9, too. I think this is the plugin designer's fault.
Fergler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 04:33 PM   #308
hermitcrab

Hi Fergler,

That would make sense.

EDIT : After having used the LePou plugins more they are completely unstable and unusable on my OXS 10.7.5 which is a shame.

They eventually stop any plugins from working ( freeze in the off position ? ) on the channel with LePou plugins on it and on any subsequent tracks added and the only way to fix it is to remove the offending track. They have crashed Reaper once fully too - shutting it off - never had that before with any other plugins so i won't be using them again.

EDIT 2 : Actually i think it might have been the internet crashing reaper instead of the plugins. I have had that problem since when using other plugins so it might not have anything to do with LePou. I'm pretty useless at this stuff !

EDIT 3 : I think It was the LeCab with loaded impulses that was doing it - as i've always used this with the amps. Have removed that and the Hybrit is working fine so far.

Thanks

Last edited by hermitcrab; 12-30-2014 at 10:01 AM.
hermitcrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 09:30 PM   #309
kingocounty

Howdy, I've got a bug in an Airwindows plugin, DeEss3. It's the first one of his I've tried that has a drop-down menu and that's where the bug is. I spoke to the developer and he's stated the drop-down has only two selections, Normal and Sense Monitor. In Reaper, you see Normal and Sense Only; the Sense Monitor option doesn't show up and Sense Only doesn't do anything. If you map the controls to the MCP, you can turn the dial connected to that function and see all three choices. Anyone have any ideas why that would happen? Thanks for any help!
kingocounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 09:50 AM   #310
djangotsp

This is such a sad thread.

Some of you really ought to specify whether you're running 64-bit or 32-bit plugins in a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Reaper. This info is important!

Have any of these bugs been fixed? I'm running Mavericks and have loads of frozen GUI problems.

I'm going to try Garageband X (bought it dirt cheap in the App Store), and if my plugins work in there (it runs 64-bit AU only), I'll get Logic X. If not, I'll get Boot Camp.
djangotsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:26 AM   #311
EpicSounds

Soundtoys VST versions
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=155351
Old 03-10-2015, 01:43 PM   #312
Ven Adams

After Vengeance update their Multiband Sidechain to version 3 , Reaper can't open it. Version 2 work fine

Mac Os 10.9.5
Reaper 4,77 / 5
Ven Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:13 PM   #313
EpicSounds

VST3 version of Ozone 5 has audible glitches and clicks.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:15 AM   #314
Firedance

I'm on Win 7 64 bit.

Funny to see DigitalFishphones mentioned - I've never seen problems with these reported anywhere but this thread and they work fine for me (I use Blockfish on every project)

I've had the odd issue here and there with plugs that I wouldn't miss anyway but nothing significant. The only notable developer that is consistently problematic for me is Variety of Sound - which is a real shame.
Firedance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:42 AM   #315
citizenkeith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedance View Post
I've had the odd issue here and there with plugs that I wouldn't miss anyway but nothing significant. The only notable developer that is consistently problematic for me is Variety of Sound - which is a real shame.
It is a shame, but luckily there are a lot of developers making great plugins that replace VoS.
citizenkeith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:07 AM   #316
Firedance

Indeed - not least the VOS/Tokyo dawn collabs which are great too!
Firedance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:05 PM   #317
EpicSounds

VST3 version of Slate Digital VMR has issues with sidechain and graphics.
Old 08-23-2015, 08:35 AM   #318
Vendetta V

Any advancement/workaround with Waves 9 and Reaper 5? VST doesn't work for me but may be you guys have found a solution with VST 3 or AU?
Old 08-23-2015, 11:46 PM   #319
d3im0s

Quote:
Any advancement/workaround with Waves 9 and Reaper 5? VST doesn't work for me but may be you guys have found a solution with VST 3 or AU?
It seems that some plugin work while in VST but not in AU. I in particular am struggling with RCompressor. Only the mono version of the plugin works on both AU and VST (and we know that in reaper it's utterly useless) but the stereo versino works only in VST (se attached screenshot), which have glitches in the UI.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2015-08-08 at 12.33.32.jpg (49.3 KB, 347 views)
d3im0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:40 AM   #320
Vendetta V

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3im0s View Post
It seems that some plugin work while in VST but not in AU. I in particular am struggling with RCompressor. Only the mono version of the plugin works on both AU and VST (and we know that in reaper it's utterly useless) but the stereo versino works only in VST (se attached screenshot), which have glitches in the UI.
this just saddens me