Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 10-30-2018, 11:54 PM   #161
machinesworking
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
GREAT !
Finally a useful application for loops in a DAW

-Michael
Yeah if they actually learn the part!

Seriously though that's a big limitation of printing tracks end to end and using Session View in Live, that Push 2 doesn't really offer a way to quickly loop a section of an hour long set for things like working on solos etc. Being able to use Push to jump around a set and then loop a section quickly is going to be helpful! Now the task of moving that set from Live, Setting up Regions etc. for Session View type firing in Reaper!
machinesworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 01:24 AM   #162
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Sermonne View Post
Hi Moss, I can't install. There is a "ReaScript Console Exit" warning window telling me that "drivenbymoss: JAVA_HOME environment variable is not configured!", when I click on "configure" when selecting the DrivenByMoss4Reaper, Reaper exits.

I must specify that I am on Windows 10, Java 1.8.0_191 is installed, the environment variable window 10 "set JAVA_HOME" is well directed to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_191.
I tried uninstalling java for version 11 but nothing works. Version 11 doesn't work with any other app I use so I went back to version 8.
I'm sad I can't use my push 1 and Reaper with your script !
Open a command shell (cmd.exe) and type:

echo %JAVA_HOME%

Check if the output is correct.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 06:05 PM   #163
daxliniere

Hey Jurgen,
Is it possible to use an 'extender' control surface without the 'base' control surface?
If possible to interface, control of bank+channel up/down could be done with actions via scripts.

I like the idea of a nice, small surface on my desk like Icon Platform-X or Behringer x-touch extender without the transport section.
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:01 AM   #164
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxliniere View Post
Hey Jurgen,
Is it possible to use an 'extender' control surface without the 'base' control surface?
If possible to interface, control of bank+channel up/down could be done with actions via scripts.
You can use up to 4 devices, which speak the MCU protocol. It doesnt have to be an extender or the same brand.
Old 11-01-2018, 04:40 AM   #165
daxliniere

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
It doesnt have to be an extender or the same brand.
Thank you for the reply, but what I was asking was if I can use only one extender and nothing else.
Old 11-01-2018, 04:45 AM   #166
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

Quote:
Open a command shell (cmd.exe) and type:

echo %JAVA_HOME%

Check if the output is correct.
Thank you moss !

It was a Java-related problem indeed! Although not a beginner I find this java installation very annoying; This site has helped me well https://www.mkyong.com/java/how-to-s...on-windows-10/
Old 11-01-2018, 08:21 AM   #167
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxliniere View Post
Thank you for the reply, but what I was asking was if I can use only one extender and nothing else.
An extender is just another MCU device. So yes.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:57 AM   #168
daxliniere

Quote:
An extender is just another MCU device. So yes.
Thank you so much, that's really wonderful. Is there a way to bank/channel switch? (since extenders don't have those buttons)
Old 11-01-2018, 01:20 PM   #169
barbaroja

Moss, is there a chance we could get 2 more drum note modes? Both of them in linear fashion where the pads start sending the note from lower left and all the way to the right and keep going up? Also one that does exactly the same but starting for the upper left corner and then right and keeps doing that in the next line down?

These would be very useful for people using battery, geist and drum samplers in general that have this kind of mappings.

Crossing fingers!
barbaroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:14 AM   #170
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indirect View Post
Hi. Submitting the jog wheel bug
https://youtu.be/p4XWAPMmAoA

Take a look at the cpu meter. Cannot handle jogging while project is playing (i7, power mode is on performance).
I can reproduce that. When I turn off scrub in the function call the problem disappears but then you cannot scroll anymore when playback is active. Strangely, it happens also when playback is off. Hmm, seems like Cockos would need to do some optimization.
Old 11-02-2018, 02:47 PM   #171
moss

I'm happy to release DrivenByMoss 4.0!

Native Instruments Maschine Mikro Mk3
  • Initial release

Mackie MCU - Changes 2.63
  • Fixed: Crash if Marker mode was selected and Assignment display was enabled.

Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol 2 S49, S61 - Changes 1.20
  • Fixed: Mute and Solo did not work on Hybrid tracks

Tutorial video for the Maschine Mikro Mk3:
https://youtu.be/KBIkoGOPBzM
The video is for Bitwig but the featureset for Reaper is the same, except that you cannot use the browser features but for that you get a working Note Repeat.

Enjoy!
Old 11-02-2018, 05:38 PM   #172
daxliniere

Congrats on the release!
Old 11-05-2018, 08:15 PM   #173
barbaroja

Quote:
If you report bugs please be as specific as possible: What are you exactly doing (step-by-step)? What crashes? Are there any logging outputs? What is your operating system?
Isolated the offending plugin.

By closely watching the loading screen, then I told reaper to load it in a separate process. Do not see a reason why your plugin should care about this but it does.

Thanks, Moss, great update. Any word about some extra drum layouts maybe?

Question. In drum clip mode, I am editing some drums. To the right I have pads that show the length of the clip. I am having an issue where if I press them, the clip gets deleated in reaper. Feature? Bug?

When in setup mode, knobs do not respond well. You can turn them all the way and whty wont respond and suddenly they sill go all the way up or down and such. I am trying to adjust gain but is impossible.

Last edited by barbaroja; 11-05-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:30 PM   #174
machinesworking

OK in the latest release of both Reaper and dbM4R I'm getting a blank LED on the Push 2 and this in the configure preferences.

Quote:
Loading device INI files from /Users/machines/Library/Application Support/REAPER ...
Starting controller 'Ableton Push 2 - 11.00'
Unable to claim interface.
org.usb4java.LibUsbException: USB error 99: Other error
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.framework.usb.UsbDeviceImpl. getEndpoint(UsbDeviceImpl.java:173)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.push.controller.PushUsbD isplay.<init>(PushUsbDisplay.java:67)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.push.controller.PushDisp lay.<init>(PushDisplay.java:107)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.push.PushControllerSetup .createDisplay(PushControllerSetup.java:236)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.push.PushControllerSetup .createSurface(PushControllerSetup.java:229)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.controller.AbstractContro llerSetup.init(AbstractControllerSetup.java:108)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.controller.AbstractControlle rInstance.lambda$start$1(AbstractControllerInstanc e.java:123)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.ui.utils.SafeRunLater.lambda $execute$0(SafeRunLater.java:37)
at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Invocation Event.java:313)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.j ava:770)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.access$600(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:721)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:715)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessI mpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java: 87)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java: 740)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilter s(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(E ventDispatchThread.java:124)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispa tchThread.java:109)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispa tchThread.java:101)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThre ad.java:90)

Testing Ableton Live 10, and Push 2 works. Any ideas?
Old 11-07-2018, 02:10 AM   #175
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinesworking View Post
OK in the latest release of both Reaper and dbM4R I'm getting a blank LED on the Push 2 and this in the configure preferences.
Testing Ableton Live 10, and Push 2 works. Any ideas?
This means that the connection to the device cannot be established. The error code sadly only says "other error".
I can only guess that another software is blocking the device, most likely Ableton.
First, I would try to do a clean start with only Push 2 connected (unplug all other USB devices).
Old 11-07-2018, 11:16 AM   #176
machinesworking

Quote:
This means that the connection to the device cannot be established. The error code sadly only says "other error".
I can only guess that another software is blocking the device, most likely Ableton.
First, I would try to do a clean start with only Push 2 connected (unplug all other USB devices).
Is it possible it's a soon to fail USB cord? I did get the same behavior with Live after I posted this.
Restarting, unplugging and replugging the cord fixed it in Live. Reinstalling an older dbM4R version 3 and doing all the OSX related JAVA tricks you suggested got it running in Reaper.

I have a shit ton of USB devices hooked up! MOTU MTP A/V, Slate Raven, iLok, Synchrosoft dongle, two USB 3 SSDs, blue tooth 3 USB, Seaboard Block, AKAI MPK88, Logitech mouse wireless, Maschine Studio, and other things I'm forgetting, so hopefully I don't have to chase demons there...
Old 11-07-2018, 12:00 PM   #177
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinesworking View Post
Is it possible it's a soon to fail USB cord? I did get the same behavior with Live after I posted this.
Restarting, unplugging and replugging the cord fixed it in Live. Reinstalling an older dbM4R version 3 and doing all the OSX related JAVA tricks you suggested got it running in Reaper.

I have a shit ton of USB devices hooked up! MOTU MTP A/V, Slate Raven, iLok, Synchrosoft dongle, two USB 3 SSDs, blue tooth 3 USB, Seaboard Block, AKAI MPK88, Logitech mouse wireless, Maschine Studio, and other things I'm forgetting, so hopefully I don't have to chase demons there...
Try a new cable first.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:47 PM   #178
emirpasic

Quote:
I'm happy to release DrivenByMoss 4.0!

Native Instruments Maschine Mikro Mk3
  • Initial release

Mackie MCU - Changes 2.63
  • Fixed: Crash if Marker mode was selected and Assignment display was enabled.

Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol 2 S49, S61 - Changes 1.20
  • Fixed: Mute and Solo did not work on Hybrid tracks

Tutorial video for the Maschine Mikro Mk3:
https://youtu.be/KBIkoGOPBzM
The video is for Bitwig but the featureset for Reaper is the same, except that you cannot use the browser features but for that you get a working Note Repeat.

Enjoy!
Thanx once more for agreat work.
Unfortunatelly Reaper crashes with version 4.0. I had to go back to previous version
emirpasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:22 AM   #179
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaroja View Post
Question. In drum clip mode, I am editing some drums. To the right I have pads that show the length of the clip. I am having an issue where if I press them, the clip gets deleated in reaper. Feature? Bug?

When in setup mode, knobs do not respond well. You can turn them all the way and whty wont respond and suddenly they sill go all the way up or down and such. I am trying to adjust gain but is impossible.
Thanks for reporting! Both bugs will be fixed in the next update!
Old 11-11-2018, 10:09 AM   #180
moss

Just released a little update 4.01:
  • Integrated DrivenByMoss 4.01
    • Ableton Push / Push 2 11.01
      • New: Push 2: You can now use Delete+Touch knob in the Setup mode to reset the values to its default.
    • Open Sound Control (OSC) protocol 6.11
      • Fixed: Changed midi channel range for /vkb_midi to 1-16 to be consistent to all other numberings, which start with 1. Furthermore, fixed the documentation which indicated 0-16.
    • Novation Launchpad Pro & MkII 3.44
      • Fixed: Flipped session view triggered the wrong clips
      • Fixed: Temporary modes Rec Arm, Track Select, Mute, Solo and Stop Clip did not return to previous views.
  • Fixed: Setting sequencer "loops" was broken.
  • Fixed: Push 2: Changing values in Setup mode was buggy.

Get it from: http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Reaper/Reaper.html

Enjoy!
Old 11-14-2018, 10:04 PM   #181
machinesworking

Hey, I haven't been brave enough to try it, but have you ReWired in Live to Reaper and been able to use your script without deselecting Live as a control surface in it's own MIDI preferences? Live 10 now supports Live taking control of Push 1 & 2 while in ReWire slave mode.

The obvious thing is to deselect it in MIDI preferences in Live, just wondering if there was any way to switch between them without major hiccups?

I'm a power hungry slob I know!
Old 11-14-2018, 10:22 PM   #182
mschnell

Should this discussion not better be moved to or continued in or split up into one or both of the new/renamed subforums "Live" and "Control Surface" ?

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 05:00 AM   #183
Baraek

Greetings.

I found couple bugs for Komplete Kontrol MK2:

Browser and Plugin buttons become inaccessible when i press the mixer button. Only workaround I found is to duplicate the track to re-initialize the browser and plugin view. Same thing happens if I choose a track without Komplete Kontrol.

The stop button sometimes freezes after use.

Quantize button closes the midi editor if it's open.

And a question for future:

Does this work with Playtime? (Made by helgoboss)
Baraek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 03:02 PM   #184
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baraek View Post
Greetings.
I found couple bugs for Komplete Kontrol MK2:

Browser and Plugin buttons become inaccessible when i press the mixer button. Only workaround I found is to duplicate the track to re-initialize the browser and plugin view. Same thing happens if I choose a track without Komplete Kontrol.
Got it! Will be fixed in the next update.

Quote:
The stop button sometimes freezes after use.
What do you mean by "it freezes"?

Quote:
Yes, that's right, seems I need to check for that.

Quote:
Does this work with Playtime? (Made by helgoboss)
No.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:23 AM   #185
barbaroja

Moss thanks for the update. Awesome.

Would it be possible to:

¿Set a repeat default value in config?

¿Have the project save a some info so DrivenByMoss is able to remember each project particular settings. Scales, tracks in drum modes and such?

As for feedback, In drum mode, if you hit the last lit pad twice, it deletes the clip from its actual position and places it in the next bar, which I still find weird.

Setup controls work great now!. Thanks. The User plugin implementation is awesome and there is no lag. Finally Push 2 became natural for reaper. Thanks.+

Update. Last version , I saved my 2nd screenset ant it loaded fine. This one is not. Anything changed in that regard?

Thanks.

Last edited by barbaroja; 11-18-2018 at 04:55 PM.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:36 AM   #186
heavybeats

Default Melda Fix

For anyone experiencing issues with DrivenByMoss and Melda Productions plugins which I mentioned a page back, Vojtech from Melda has fixed issue in latest beta which will be released soon.

He had some worrying things to say about DrivenByMoss tbh. Here's link to post on Melda forum on KVR:

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewt...25015#p7225015
heavybeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 02:55 AM   #187
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavybeats View Post
He had some worrying things to say about DrivenByMoss tbh. Here's link to post on Melda forum on KVR:
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewt...25015#p7225015
The only thing I can see there is that he feels worried...

I can look into error reports but not psychological state of minds ;-)
Old 11-20-2018, 04:19 AM   #188
heavybeats

Quote:
The only thing I can see there is that he feels worried...

I can look into error reports but not psychological state of minds ;-)
Ah no link takes you to end of thread, I was referring to post a few up from there regarding OpenGL
heavybeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 07:02 AM   #189
melkerpetterson

Quote:
Got it! Will be fixed in the next update.

What do you mean by "it freezes"?

Yes, that's right, seems I need to check for that.

No.
Thanks a lot for this, would be so cool if I could get this working. I'm trying to get set up and I think I've managed pretty well. However I am having some troubles with my KK MK2 kontroller. I got the transport and mixer window working but the controller no longer recognizes the instances of komplete kontrol. It does when I first add a new instance of KK, then it allows me to browse presets and tweak settings, if I click the instance button on the controller it doesn't show the other instances of KK in the project so I can not go back to tweaking a synth. I also tried removing the DrivenByMoss control surface from the reaper settings but the controller still is not back to normal. Why do you think this is?
melkerpetterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 08:39 AM   #190
mschnell

I posted a link to this thread in the "Control Surfaces" subforum.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 03:42 AM   #191
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkerpetterson View Post
Thanks a lot for this, would be so cool if I could get this working. I'm trying to get set up and I think I've managed pretty well. However I am having some troubles with my KK MK2 kontroller. I got the transport and mixer window working but the controller no longer recognizes the instances of komplete kontrol. It does when I first add a new instance of KK, then it allows me to browse presets and tweak settings, if I click the instance button on the controller it doesn't show the other instances of KK in the project so I can not go back to tweaking a synth. I also tried removing the DrivenByMoss control surface from the reaper settings but the controller still is not back to normal. Why do you think this is?
I found a way to make this work and it will be in the next update.
Old 11-25-2018, 08:43 AM   #192
moss

DrivenByMoss4Reaper 4.02 is online!

Changes:
- Fixed: The track for setting the automation mode was off by 1.
- Fixed: Komplete Kontrol 2 plugin browsing and selection works now.
- Integrated DrivenByMoss 4.02
* Ableton Push / Push 2 11.02
- New: Mute and Solo work now in all modes (not only in track modes).
- Fixed: Fixed a crash in the Browser.

Enjoy!
Old 11-25-2018, 10:48 AM   #193
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

to update, do we have to re-install everything?
Old 11-26-2018, 01:11 AM   #194
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Sermonne View Post
to update, do we have to re-install everything?
Just delete the old library files and replace them with the new ones.
Old 11-26-2018, 01:59 AM   #195
melkerpetterson

Quote:

Changes:

Enjoy!
Amazing, I’m extremely thankful for this. Would love to donate whatever I can afford (probably not too much since I´m a student) if you take donations in some way.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:28 AM   #196
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

I feel a higher latency than usual on the push 1 with battery, not prohibitive but is this normal? I have an RME with a minimum buffers asio setting.
Run the klinke script for my X-touch at the same time, can it be the cause?
Old 11-26-2018, 12:55 PM   #197
moss

Quote:
I looked into this but I did not find a way to workaround it. The problem is that there is no API to quantize clips, that's why I have to fiddle around with midi editor.
Old 11-26-2018, 05:41 PM   #198
melkerpetterson

Quote:

Changes:

Enjoy!
Downloaded and tried to install the new version, by replacing the files in the Reaper/UserPlugins folder like you said in another comment. But it's still the same with the plugins instances disappearing from the controller when selecting another track or adding another instance of komplete kontrol. I'm not totally sure I installed the new version right, it says 'Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol Mk II - 1.20' when I click configure in the DrivenByMoss window. Did I mess upp anything?
Old 11-27-2018, 03:17 AM   #199
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkerpetterson View Post
Downloaded and tried to install the new version, by replacing the files in the Reaper/UserPlugins folder like you said in another comment. But it's still the same with the plugins instances disappearing from the controller when selecting another track or adding another instance of komplete kontrol. I'm not totally sure I installed the new version right, it says 'Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol Mk II - 1.20' when I click configure in the DrivenByMoss window. Did I mess upp anything?
1) Make sure you are using the latest Komplete plugin (2.0.5).
2) Create a track with the Komplete plugin. Check if the first Automation parameter reads "NIKB00".
3) Duplicate the track. Check that the first Automation parameter on the 2nd track reads "NIKB01". If it also reads "NIKB00", check if you have enabled to isolate the plugins (Settings -> Plug-Ins->Compatibility -> VST bridging/firewalling), this prevents the plugins from talking to each other.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:12 AM   #200
melkerpetterson

Quote:
1) Make sure you are using the latest Komplete plugin (2.0.5).
2) Create a track with the Komplete plugin. Check if the first Automation parameter reads "NIKB00".
3) Duplicate the track. Check that the first Automation parameter on the 2nd track reads "NIKB01". If it also reads "NIKB00", check if you have enabled to isolate the plugins (Settings -> Plug-Ins->Compatibility -> VST bridging/firewalling), this prevents the plugins from talking to each other.
Yes the first track reads NIKB00 and the second reads NIKB01. I have my VST bridging/firewalling set to "Automatic bridging (when required)"

I tested the other three options now to but still not working.

Do I need to redo the JAVA install?