COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > NINJAM Discussion > NINJAM User Discussion

Old 07-12-2010, 07:58 PM   #1
besh
Human being with feelings

Default Horrible sound when connected my guitar to computer

Hi All,

I am the newcomer of ninjam. I have a question about the connectivity of my requirements. When i directly connect the guitar to my computer, i find that the sound is horrible. It is totally different with other players. Do anybody can told me how can to connect the equipment to make a nice sound?

Here is the equipment that i have:

1. computer with Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 sound card
2. guitar
3. GT-8 boss effector.

Is it enough for ninjam?? if not, please suggest a equipment i need to buy.

THANKS IN ADVANCE !!!!!
besh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:20 AM   #2
pljones

What input connector are you using? What software are you running on the computer? What audio driver?

What input level are you running at? Your input to the computer should not exceed -12dB normally and never hit 0dB. There should be no gain between the input and NINJAM.

You should monitor - on headphones, to avoid feedback, which you can get from the guitar pickup - to hear what you sound like (and whether you're playing to the click, of course).

Oh, and read the thread at the top of the forum, as well.
pljones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:49 PM   #3
besh

Wakakakakakakaaa ~~~~ I DUNNO ALL THESE THINGS!!!

I did some research in yesterday. I found that some of the people use M-Audio fast track USB / Line 6 Toneport UX1 / Tascam US144mkII as the audio interface for recording guitar. Is it also good for NINJAM? Which one is good for recording guitar??
besh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:31 AM   #4
LeftyF

The thing about an electric guitar is that it's the combination of guitar and amp that creates a "good" sound. Electric guitars connected directly to a computer (or any flat response playback device) will sound tinny, thin and not as you would probably want (though this can be a useful sound). The simplest way to get around this on a computer is to run some software amplifier modelling software like Amplitube, or an external device like a Line 6 Pod into the audio in of your sound card. The other important thing to check is that you are using the ASIO low latency driver for your sound card which will ensure that you don't hear a delay when recording. You will have to search around to get the specifics of setting all this up and getting a descent sound out of it, as this is a much larger topic than we can address in a forum reply and what sounds "good" to me will be quite different from what sounds good to you. You will need to try different settings to get what you want, but that should be a good place to start from.

Hope that helps

Lefters
LeftyF is offline   Reply With Quote