Old 05-27-2015, 01:04 PM   #1
sickamorz
Banned

Default Novation Launch Key 49

How do you setup this keyboard so the controls on it work. Novation Auotmap did not work for me.

Thanks in advance.
sickamorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:01 PM   #2
ivansc
Human being with feelings

(grin) automap didnt work for me and a lot of other folks, either!

My solution was to dump the Novation and buy a controller that worked easily.
Korg Nano series all the way, plus my two Nanokontrols take up less room than one Remote zero used to!
Not a lot of help for you, but maybe you should have a read of Klinke's posts about getting various controllers talking to reaper.
I know there are Novation users on here that are working with reaper but NOT automap....

I previously also had a Behri BCF2000 which worked very nicely with reaper using klinke's setup stuff.
But it still took up too much desk space and the faders were noisy!
ivansc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 12:23 AM   #3
sickamorz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
(grin) automap didnt work for me and a lot of other folks, either!

My solution was to dump the Novation and buy a controller that worked easily.
Korg Nano series all the way, plus my two Nanokontrols take up less room than one Remote zero used to!
Not a lot of help for you, but maybe you should have a read of Klinke's posts about getting various controllers talking to reaper.
I know there are Novation users on here that are working with reaper but NOT automap....

I previously also had a Behri BCF2000 which worked very nicely with reaper using klinke's setup stuff.
But it still took up too much desk space and the faders were noisy!
At this time I'm not sure what direction to go, it is still waiting on the jury, since I have a few days left on my reaper evaluation. Since I already have Ableton Standard maybe the better route is to forget about Reaper as it seems to not work with any keyboard 100% that has built in controls on it. I did look at Korg Nano but they do not appear to be what I would desire, no offense to your choices.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:45 AM   #4
sickamorz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickamorz View Post
At this time I'm not sure what direction to go, it is still waiting on the jury, since I have a few days left on my reaper evaluation. Since I already have Ableton Standard maybe the better route is to forget about Reaper as it seems to not work with any keyboard 100% that has built in controls on it. I did look at Korg Nano but they do not appear to be what I would desire, no offense to your choices.
I now have my Launch key keyboard controls working with Reaper. I also now have purchased an Reaper license.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:45 AM   #5
Bejahi

Default Tips?

How did you get this working buddy? I have been playing around for hours and can't figure it out
Bejahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 02:03 AM   #6
sickamorz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejahi View Post
How did you get this working buddy? I have been playing around for hours and can't figure it out
set midi inputs to Enabled & Control
set midi outputs to disabled
leave the midi2 port for the keyboard disabled.

Now you can go to the actions and set your desired setting for your controls on your keyboard.

Last edited by sickamorz; 09-09-2015 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:29 PM   #7
the-e-vid

Hey guys, I got the launchkey 49 a couple days ago, I readed everything I could find about mapping this controller with Reaper. I got every step right but when I get to the "add short cut" window,nothing seems to be saved..even the 'Keyboard/MIDI/OSC' window won't close when I click 'OK", only when I press 'Cancel'.
Is it because I don't have the full version of Reaper? I really appreciate your help in advance.
the-e-vid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:17 PM   #8
richie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-e-vid View Post
Hey guys, I got the launchkey 49 a couple days ago, I readed everything I could find about mapping this controller with Reaper. I got every step right but when I get to the "add short cut" window,nothing seems to be saved..even the 'Keyboard/MIDI/OSC' window won't close when I click 'OK", only when I press 'Cancel'.
Is it because I don't have the full version of Reaper? I really appreciate your help in advance.
It has nothing to do with having a "full version of Reaper" because if you have Reaper installed, you already have the full version! (The eval is full-featured, nothing is "turned off"). Sounds like something simple is not configured, but I don't have that keyboard so maybe someone will have an answer soon. But rest assured that Reaper's license (or lack of) is not the issue!
Old 09-09-2015, 03:23 PM   #9
sickamorz
Banned

[QUOTE=richie43;1567086]It has nothing to do with having a "full version of Reaper" because if you have Reaper installed, you already have the full version! (The eval is full-featured, nothing is "turned off"). Sounds like something simple is not configured, but I don't have that keyboard so maybe someone will have an answer soon. But rest assured that Reaper's license (or lack of) is not the issue![/QUOTE
Quote:

Set Launch Key as follows in midi configuration.
set midi inputs to Enabled & Control
set midi outputs to disabled
leave the midi2 port for the keyboard disabled.

Now you can go to the actions and set your desired setting for your controls on your keyboard.

All the controls on the Launch Key 49 will work once they are configured through the actions settings, including the transport controls.
If you have any questions leave a message here.

Anyone that says it can not work in Reaper is running there mouth spewing garbage.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:57 AM   #10
bezza

I have the Launchkey but I can't get the record transport control to work. In Reaper, the record button only momentarily comes on. It only stays on if I keep my finger on the launchkey record button. It's almost like the button won't latch. Any suggestions?
bezza is offline   Reply With Quote