Old 05-20-2013, 09:36 AM   #1
Sigilus
Human being with feelings

Default OSC Play/Stop/Close

I've got an external piece of software talking to Reaper via OSC. The OSC messages get bound to actions.

I want /play to start playback. I want /stop to perform a custom action, in which the current project is saved and closed.

I can bind these to the actions successfully, but I find that only with "Allow binding messages to actions & fx learn" checkbox selected in Options for Control surfaces will the play command work properly. However, that leaves me in a bind because only with this same checkbox deselected does the /stop command work.

Any ideas?
Sigilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
Banned
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigilus View Post
I've got an external piece of software talking to Reaper via OSC. The OSC messages get bound to actions.

I want /play to start playback. I want /stop to perform a custom action, in which the current project is saved and closed.

I can bind these to the actions successfully, but I find that only with "Allow binding messages to actions & fx learn" checkbox selected in Options for Control surfaces will the play command work properly. However, that leaves me in a bind because only with this same checkbox deselected does the /stop command work.

Any ideas?
I guess what is bothering you is somewhat of a name conflict: the "/start" and "/stop" are already in use in the default OSC configuration, while you want to use those messages to trigger something other than the default start/stop behaviour.

Perhaps rename the existing 'OSC actions' for either )or perhaps both) /start or /stop in the .ReaperOSC file. I think that would allow you to freely define the behaviour triggered by these messages by binding them to your custom action(s) (have not tested that for myself).