Old 01-19-2013, 01:32 AM   #1
BigLibTard
Human being with feelings

Default A VST to slow down music

I'm in need of a high quality VST to slow down music offline. I use audition but it is buggy and low quality(even on it's highest quality setting). Wavelab has a great quality algorithm(dirac I think) but I don't like using wavelab(as it doesn't work directly with mp4's and requires an extra step of conversion).

Does anyone know of a vst that will let me do this? I only need from 50% to 100%. Pitch shifting capabilities would be nice too.
BigLibTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:49 AM   #2
Nip

If you are looking for a VST, why not run Reaper stretch algorithms?

Quite a few algorithms to choose from to. Easy to change playback rate.

This offline thing - what do you mean by that?

If anything sound good at 50%, I haven't found it. To transcribe parts from music you can do that - but as original music, I wonder.

Are you doing filmscore - or what is the purpose?
Old 01-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #3
gavriloP

I have used Reaper's own stretching, and it is ok. Also if you are after varispeed effect (slowing down and at the same time lowering pitch, or speeding up and raising pitch), Reaper's rate control works nicely. With Reaper you have to test different algos and find the best for each situation.

BTW I know this wasn't what you asked but if you are interested in extereme slowing down while still getting good quality sound without irritating artifacts, check out Paul's Extreme Sound Stretch:
http://hypermammut.sourceforge.net/paulstretch/

That can make some psychedelic stuff!
gavriloP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:55 AM   #4
mad demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLibTard View Post
I'm in need of a high quality VST to slow down music offline. I use audition but it is buggy and low quality(even on it's highest quality setting). Wavelab has a great quality algorithm(dirac I think) but I don't like using wavelab(as it doesn't work directly with mp4's and requires an extra step of conversion).

Does anyone know of a vst that will let me do this? I only need from 50% to 100%. Pitch shifting capabilities would be nice too.
No possible as a VST. VST has an input output ration of 1:1 (if I'm not mistaken).
Also why mention dirac? That is pitch shifting! Do you want to slow down the music without affecting pitch? Then you need both ...

Anyway REAPER also has Dirac! It also has SoundTouch and Elastique. What more do you want? Elastique is as good as it gets. No VST will be better than it ... and REAPER has it.
mad demon is offline   Reply With Quote