Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 06-03-2020, 07:04 PM   #1
darins
Human being with feelings

Default Render/freeze issue with multi-track drums

Hey all,

I might be in over my head a bit. I'm using GetGood Drums (via Kontakt) and have the kit routed to 10 separate tracks (kick, snare top, room close, room far, etc).

I have a "drums" folder with the track containing the MIDI data under that as well as the separate tracks for each mic/drum. With a part in the MIDI track, I can see the meter in each channel registering audio appropriately (kick channel spikes with the kick, etc) and when I mute/solo each channel everything is proper, and during playback it sounds perfect.

When I go to render either the folder, the MIDI track, or (almost) any individual track, Reaper says "Warning: some tracks may send from channels other than 1/2 which may make this not function as desired". If I choose to continue, it spits out a blank render track.

The exception are the first 2 tracks under the group - kick, and snare top. Those render fine. If I try to render the entire folder, I get the same error and then a rendered track featuring just those 2 channels (sounds lousy).

I've combed through the routing for all the tracks and I can't find any discrepancies, but I feel there's something kinda obvious I'm missing. Thoughts?

D

Last edited by darins; 06-04-2020 at 03:56 AM.
darins is offline   Reply With Quote