Old 08-05-2020, 11:40 AM   #1
HastaMia
Human being with feelings

Default Blazing white toolbars

I'm impressed with the amount of customization reaper has these days and have been deep diving into the menus. However there's one thing I can't figure out: how to change the tops of the windows, particularly floating FX windows, to a color other than white. I've done a few searches on the topic but the only answers I've seen are Windows related.

I have set my MacBook to dark theme, so finder windows etc do show up with a dark toolbar. All of my FX windows and all other windows in Reaper have white (or light gray) toolbars.

Thanks in advance.
HastaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:13 PM   #2
emwhy

I can't speak for MAC users, but I had to use an unauthorized 3rd party theme to do this with Windows. It did the toolbars and menus as well and Reaper looks amazing with the theme I use.
emwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 02:55 PM   #3
HastaMia

I'm certainly not against giving that a try. Do you have any suggestions where to find themes like that?
Old 08-05-2020, 09:28 PM   #4
Mordi

Yes, currently we can’t edit those elements. It woukd be nice if these would at least adhere to dark mode like the mac version.

I made an FR a while back to address this:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=240076
Old 08-06-2020, 10:07 AM   #5
HastaMia

Well all things considered I'm impressed with the amount of customization that Reaper has to offer and this is a pretty minor gripe. It is pretty amazing the amount of ambient light those little toolbars can put out when they're on a 45" TV being used as a second monitor.

If I find a 3rd party theme that solves the problem I'll make sure to update here.

Thanks again
Old 08-11-2020, 10:00 PM   #6
robgb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HastaMia View Post
Well all things considered I'm impressed with the amount of customization that Reaper has to offer and this is a pretty minor gripe. It is pretty amazing the amount of ambient light those little toolbars can put out when they're on a 45" TV being used as a second monitor.

If I find a 3rd party theme that solves the problem I'll make sure to update here.

Thanks again
Have you tried checking the Advanced GUI/System Settings under the "General" tab in preferences? There's a box you can check labeled "Allow 10.14+ dark mode if enabled."

If I'm understanding what it is you want, all my toolbars and status bars, windows, etc. are in dark mode. No white.
robgb is offline   Reply With Quote