Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 04-19-2021, 02:33 PM   #1
John Hartman
Human being with feelings

Default Can't add an event to a Hold Pedal Lane

I imported a MIDI track, and I need to edit the hold pedal lane. I can move the circles that show changes, and the I can move the horizontal lines up and down.

But I can't add circles/values to the existing envelope. Running version 6.27

If I double-click in the hold lane, it adds what looks like a completely new envelope that continues for the rest of the MIDI section, leaving the existing envelope in place as well. (See attachment)

PDF help says "To add a point to an existing envelope, Shift click on the envelope." But if I do this (move the mouse over the envelope, so cursor changes from pen to double-headed arrow, then shift-click) it again inserts a completely new envelope, with value 0. (In the attachment, I moved the value line up so you can clearly see it vs the bottom of the lane)

If I shift-click on the NEW envelope, I can add points to it - but I want to ADD a few points to an existing track, not re-create it from scratch.

What am I doing wrong?
Attached Images
File Type: png HoldPedal.png (1.8 KB, 75 views)
John Hartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 02:44 PM   #2
lunker

The two envelopes in your picture (white and purple) are for different MIDI channels.

Make sure to switch to the channel you want to use before inserting a new point (search the MIDI editor action list to find the actions for changing MIDI channels).

PS -- You can use the filter in the MIDI editor to display/hide certain channels, so that it is easier to see which channels you are working with.

Last edited by lunker; 04-19-2021 at 02:59 PM.
lunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:48 PM   #3
John Hartman

Brilliant! And it explains why I haven't seen this before: usually, I record MIDI from a keyboard that sends on channel 1. This time I imported a file recorded on my Roland FP90, which uses channel 4.

Thanks!
John Hartman is offline   Reply With Quote