Old 04-17-2021, 03:05 PM   #1121
Cragster
Human being with feelings

Is the encoder acceleration and tick size and all the same for an encoder on an OSC tablet surface ? Im still trying to wrap my head around this acceleration stuff.I do ok with the physical surfaces but not too well on this OSC pad. i dont know . Dont think im getting it. Really not getting it with OSC encoder.
Im just trying to adjust and tame some params on this c4 pad controller i just started with. The encoders are super fast and jumpy. and the params with steps i cant seem to get it to go back. I can turn clockwise through the steps but not back.
Is this normal behavior with OSC params ? Are the encoders on an OSC tablet the same as one on a regular surface ?
Also parameters and displays dont clear out and change all the way. meaning if i switch from one FX to another there will still be stuff hanging around from the last FX.I need to keep refreshing or going back n forth until all the previous fx stuff goes away and the new all shows up.If i close a plugin it doesnt clear also. Is that a known bug on OSC ? Love this c4 tablet layout. Just trying to get it to a usable point
Thanks any advice or help would be appreciated. Ill understand this acceleration stuff sooner or later.Thanks
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 05:04 AM   #1122
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
Is the encoder acceleration and tick size and all the same for an encoder on an OSC tablet surface ?
To the best of my knowledge, the concepts of acceleration and tick size don't exist for OSC.

Quote:
Im just trying to adjust and tame some params on this c4 pad controller i just started with. The encoders are super fast and jumpy. and the params with steps i cant seem to get it to go back. I can turn clockwise through the steps but not back.
Stepped parameters on rotaries don't work at all well on OSC. I only use them on presses. OSC rotaries are not the same as those on physical surfaces.

Quote:
Also parameters and displays dont clear out and change all the way. meaning if i switch from one FX to another there will still be stuff hanging around from the last FX.I need to keep refreshing or going back n forth until all the previous fx stuff goes away and the new all shows up.If i close a plugin it doesnt clear also.
I don't see that behaviour here. If I switch from one FX to another, the first FX parameters are removed and replaced by the new ones. Any parameters that aren't overwritten are blanked. If I switch to a track with no FX, the existing FX menu and FX parameters are blanked.

If I close a plugin window the parameters remain on the tablet, but that is the intended behaviour.

From the experience with my previous router, the parameter clearing problems are probably related to network/wifi issues. This seems to be the weak link in anything to do with OSC
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 12:39 PM   #1123
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
To the best of my knowledge, the concepts of acceleration and tick size don't exist for OSC.

Stepped parameters on rotaries don't work at all well on OSC. I only use them on presses. OSC rotaries are not the same as those on physical surfaces.

I don't see that behaviour here. If I switch from one FX to another, the first FX parameters are removed and replaced by the new ones. Any parameters that aren't overwritten are blanked. If I switch to a track with no FX, the existing FX menu and FX parameters are blanked.

If I close a plugin window the parameters remain on the tablet, but that is the intended behaviour.

From the experience with my previous router, the parameter clearing problems are probably related to network/wifi issues. This seems to be the weak link in anything to do with OSC
Hmmm ok thanks for that info. That explains why changing the acceleration values seemed to have no effect. And yes I was thinking the same bout the wifi. I have problems sometimes connecting.
I'll work with it. Get it right and how I want it.
Thanks again for your help
Old 04-18-2021, 04:32 PM   #1124
Cragster

Quote:

Been messing with the OSC tablet a bit . Some plugins work well actually. some are jumpy on the encoders so i can work with it and i found if i just tap the encoder on the tablet it cycles through param steps one at a time with each tap so i can work with that also. Guess i just gotta get used to the touch pad as it is a bit different obviously then a physical surface. love it though. thanks for setting me up with it. I can get alot more control on this before i need to use modifiers. 32 rotaries and push much better then 8.
And that big fader on the right works really nice
Old Yesterday, 03:03 AM   #1125
uksnowy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Yes, just use wiki as an example, with one change.

Instead of this:

Code:
Zone "Buttons"
     Send                              MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
     Cancel                            GoZone "Home"
ZoneEnd

put this in your Home Zone

Code:
Zone Home
     OnTrackSelection 	MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
     IncludedZones
          "Buttons"
     IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd
Anytime you select a track, the knobs will be mapped to the Sends 1-8 -- make sure to remember to set the number of Sends to 8 in the config panel
Awesome, thanks.
Old Yesterday, 01:48 PM   #1126
airon

Does anyone know whether Reaper now let‘s Csurfs control automatable send mutes ?

So far it has not.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM   #1127
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
Does anyone know whether Reaper now let‘s Csurfs control automatable send mutes ?

So far it has not.
No, it's still broken.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM   #1128
valy

What does it mean if the MIDI input detector gives me a decimal number instead of a hex number when pressing a button? It's showing the correct release hex, just not the press.

valy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM   #1129
mathemagician

Hi y'all. First off, CSI is awesome. Thanks for all the hard work of putting it together. I got a new Icon Platform M+ and I've spent some time setting it up, but I'm not able to get touch automation working. Reaper doesn't seem register the touch command. Although it does record some automation, it keeps jumping back to the previous value. The track display in the mixer window never turns red even though my finger is on the fader and I'm in touch mode. Latch mode works as intended and touch mode works when I add the control surface as HUI (partial) (ie not using CSI). Interestingly, touch mode is also broken in DrivenByMoss. See the video I posted to the github repo: https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...ment-820031361

I checked the "CSI Toggle Show Input From Surfaces" action, and I am getting:

Code:
IN <- Platform FaderTouch1 1.000000
IN <- Platform FaderTouch1 0.000000
So I know that my .mst file is set up properly. Here's the relevant part of my .zon file:

Code:
Zone "Channel"
    TrackNavigator
    DisplayUpper| TrackNameDisplay
    DisplayLower| MCUTrackPanDisplay Rotary|
    Rotary| MCUTrackPan [ (0.005,0.015,0.025,0.05,0.1) ]
    RecordArm| TrackRecordArm
    Solo| TrackSolo
    Mute| TrackMute
    Select| TrackUniqueSelect
    Hold+Select| MapSelectedTrackFXToMenu
    Shift+Select| TrackRangeSelect
    Control+Select| TrackSelect
    Shift+Control+Select| TogglePin
    Option+Select| TrackFolderDive
    Alt+Select| TrackUniqueSelect
    Alt+Select| Reaper "41665"
    Alt+Select| TrackToggleVCASpill
    Fader| TrackVolume
    RotaryPush| CycleTrackAutoMode
    FaderTouch| TrackTouch
ZoneEnd
Note that I added the FaderTouch line at the bottom because I saw other's have it in there, but 1) I don't actually see a TrackTouch action in the CSI code base and 2) the behaviour is the same with or without it.

Anyone see what I'm doing wrong? Is this a bug? I saw someone else posted this same issue to github back in December, but... crickets.

Thanks!
mathemagician is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM   #1130
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by valy View Post
What does it mean if the MIDI input detector gives me a decimal number instead of a hex number when pressing a button? It's showing the correct release hex, just not the press.

CSI converts those hex values to 1.00's and 0.00's, so to me: the press looks good (Button1 1.0000), but the release looks like CSI isn't being correctly registered.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:44 AM   #1131
valy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
CSI converts those hex values to 1.00's and 0.00's, so to me: the press looks good (Button1 1.0000), but the release looks like CSI isn't being correctly registered.
I have it set to CC Toggle in the MFT Utility because I want it to toggle two states.

How do I set up the Press values in the .zon file if I don't know the hex numbers though? I'm following the information here:

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...tor/wiki/Press

Quote:
Message Generators that send a message when pressed, and optionally send another message when released.

Defined using the following syntax:
Press 90 5e 7f 90 5e 00

where:

90 5e 7f is the message sent when the widget is pressed
90 5e 00 is the message sent when the widget is released (optional)
So I have the release message, but not the press I guess? Is there another way to see what it's sending?

For example, when I tried setting Button1 to B1 00 7F (only) in the .zon, it doesn't do anything upon press.
valy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:38 AM   #1132
airon

Quote:
No, it's still broken.
Is that a feature request then or a bug report.... hmm.

edit:
Posted a request in this thread for letting control surface plugins like CSI control the automatable send mutes.

EVERBODY, go and post your +1. The more the merrier.

Last edited by airon; Today at 01:50 AM.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:49 AM   #1133
drummerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Have a look at this, you should be able to get what you want: https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/.../wiki/Encoders
I tried it and had partial success:
I'm using Fader14bit for the UF8 Faders, which works fine for Reapers Mixer.
When I control the Sigma Plugin with the UF8, I can define the parameter range, but not the tick size.
Is there any way I can have more resolution with my 14bit Faders inside the Plugin?
Right now I have about +/- 3mm of Fader for +/- 6dB of Volume change, which is not really useable.

Best,
Frank
drummerboy is online now   Reply With Quote