Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 04-06-2021, 11:07 PM   #1
OakleyRdStudios
Human being with feelings

Default How Can I Change The Size Of FX Parameter Blocks?

Is there a way to change the dimensions of the MCP fx_parms using WALTER? Or should I say - how I can vertically space out the parameter knobs and value readouts in the MCP?
OakleyRdStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 11:25 AM   #2
OLSHALOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakleyRdStudios View Post
Is there a way to change the dimensions of the MCP fx_parms using WALTER? Or should I say - how I can vertically space out the parameter knobs and value readouts in the MCP?

set mcp.fxparm.font:

Value readouts: Font is defined over the first value (coordinate). You can choose one of the 16 Fonts, set in the Development Theme Tweaker.

For example,
first value defines the first font:
set mcp.fxparm.font [1 24 0 0]

With its second value you can define the height.
Relation of width and height of something like a knob must be provided by the image (knobstack or knob) itself. As well for the different button-states. There's no other way inside walter.

5th coordinate is the gap between the textrows.

But all this is also mentioned here: https://www.reaper.fm/sdk/walter/walter.php#elements

If you hack the v6-theme and wanna make use of its narrowmode, be aware of it and take a look what happens with the width of those images when narrowmode is engaged.

This belongs also to the fxlist and sendlist. So to speak to the whole extended mixer.

Hope this helps.
OLSHALOM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 12:59 AM   #3
OakleyRdStudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLSHALOM View Post
set mcp.fxparm.font:

Value readouts: Font is defined over the first value (coordinate). You can choose one of the 16 Fonts, set in the Development Theme Tweaker.

Hope this helps.
Thank you! I appreciate this. Just knowing that it's possible, makes a big difference to the sort of design I have in mind.

However, the guide specifies 8 values but does not mention values 3, 4 & 6.

I'm sorry, I find it really confusing when things seem incomplete to me and are listed forwards and backwards in numerical order.

I'm making myself some visual cheat sheets for WALTER to help me pinpoint lines and values in the code.

Could we start with a list? Like:
Values 1,2,3,4,5,6, etc?

set mcp.fxparm.font [1 24 0 0 0 0 0 0] ?

Cheers.

Last edited by OakleyRdStudios; 04-08-2021 at 02:08 AM.
Old 04-08-2021, 07:31 PM   #4
OLSHALOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakleyRdStudios View Post

I'm sorry, I find it really confusing when things seem incomplete to me and are listed forwards and backwards in numerical order.
mcp.extmixer.mode: (set to [1] to use mcp.extmixer.position)

mcp.extmixer.position: Position of extended mixer elements (including FX, sends, FX parameters), only used if extmixer.mode is set to [1]

mcp.fxlist.font: fx list font index font (first coordinate is font index, 1-8 user, 0=main, -1 = volpan, second is row height if nonzero). 8th is scrollbar size if nonzero, 7th is scrollbar gap size (scrollbar size includes this gap).

mcp.fxlist.margin: fx list margins (first coordinate is left, third is right, fifth is alignment, sixth is scroll button size if positive. alignment is 0 for left, 0.5 for center, 1 for right). If TCP, seventh coordinate is alignment for FX instances. 8th coordinate specifies gap between columns, if any.

mcp.fxparm.font: fxparm list font (first coordinate is font index, 1-8 user, 0=main, -1 = volpan, second is row height if nonzero). 8th is scrollbar size if nonzero, 7th is scrollbar gap size (scrollbar size includes this gap).. The fifth parameter specifies line spacing adjustment

mcp.fxparm.margin: fxparm list margins (first coordinate is left, third is right, fifth is alignment, sixth is scroll button size if positive. alignment is 0 for left, 0.5 for center, 1 for right). If TCP, seventh coordinate is alignment for FX instances. 8th coordinate specifies gap between columns, if any.

mcp.sendlist.font: send list font (first coordinate is font index, 1-8 user, 0=main, -1 = volpan, second is row height if nonzero). 8th is scrollbar size if nonzero, 7th is scrollbar gap size (scrollbar size includes this gap).

mcp.sendlist.margin: send list margins (first coordinate is left, third is right, fifth is alignment, sixth is scroll button size if positive. alignment is 0 for left, 0.5 for center, 1 for right). If TCP, seventh coordinate is alignment for FX instances. 8th coordinate specifies gap between columns, if any.

Anybody can see, this is a direct copy of the sdk.
Let me say it should be 1-16 user fonts instead of 1-8 user.
The parameters 5-8 vary abit by element and can also have no function like the second and fourth in the margin.
I belief it isn't incomplete, while it got updated recently.
But that's it for the extended mixer.
OLSHALOM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:22 AM   #5
OakleyRdStudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLSHALOM View Post
mcp.extmixer.mode: (set to [1] to use mcp.extmixer.position)
---------------------------

The parameters 5-8 vary abit by element and can also have no function like the second and fourth in the margin.
I belief it isn't incomplete, while it got updated recently.
But that's it for the extended mixer.

Thanks, mate.
I'm now having fun playing with my extmixer in mode [1] !
Some trial and error - but at least it's fun, not frustrating anymore.