Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 01-13-2020, 01:29 PM   #41
Edgemeal
Human being with feelings

I added option to set color of files by their extension, ended up with this experimental dark interface. No easy way to change scrollbar colors so they still use OS settings.

Add Item Order v1.08 Dark - Dec 05, 2019
* Dark custom controls.
* Set item colors by file extension.
* Option: Remove items silently.
* Option: Sort file column by name or extension.
* Update Re-Index input window with NUD control.

Note app made for Windows!
https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38065/Add%...der%20Dark.zip
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 11:34 AM   #42
Jonas_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgemeal View Post
I added option to set color of files by their extension, ended up with this experimental dark interface. No easy way to change scrollbar colors so they still use OS settings.

Add Item Order v1.08 Dark - Dec 05, 2019
* Dark custom controls.
* Set item colors by file extension.
* Option: Remove items silently.
* Option: Sort file column by name or extension.
* Update Re-Index input window with NUD control.

Note app made for Windows!
https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38065/Add%...der%20Dark.zip
First of all, I love the app and it definitely solves the issue when wanting to drag and drop for things on the same track or in the beginning of a project across multiple tracks. For some reason the index of my files in the windows explorer didn't logically align with my selection of them which makes this super useful.

However, if I want to add the files on separate tracks in the middle of the song for instance, what ends up happening is that only the first track will position it correctly while the others disregard the cursor/playhead and adds the files in the very start of the timeline of the added tracks.

I also miss the feature to be able to add the files across separate existing tracks (rather than creating new ones) like you'd normally have the option to when using the drag and drop functionality.
Jonas_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 05:12 PM   #43
Edgemeal

Default REPOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas_B View Post
However, if I want to add the files on separate tracks in the middle of the song for instance, what ends up happening is that only the first track will position it correctly while the others disregard the cursor/playhead and adds the files in the very start of the timeline of the added tracks.
Ohh OK, I added an option called 'Insert Into Project', when enabled it should act the same way REAPER's Explorer "Insert into project' option works. Theres also a way so the cursor doesn't move, see read me.

Quote:
I also miss the feature to be able to add the files across separate existing tracks (rather than creating new ones) like you'd normally have the option to when using the drag and drop functionality.
I don't see any difference here (Win10). When I drag-drop files from the app it works same as if I drag-drop files from Windows Explorer except the order of the files are the same as in the app list no matter where the drag starts from (unlike Windows Explorer).

Add Item Order Dark - v1.08.1
* Add: Insert Into Project.
* Fix: TopMost not working on startup if exe launched from REAPER.
Old 02-08-2020, 04:38 AM   #44
Jonas_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgemeal View Post
Ohh OK, I added an option called 'Insert Into Project', when enabled it should act the same way REAPER's Explorer "Insert into project' option works. Theres also a way so the cursor doesn't move, see read me.

I don't see any difference here (Win10). When I drag-drop files from the app it works same as if I drag-drop files from Windows Explorer except the order of the files are the same as in the app list no matter where the drag starts from (unlike Windows Explorer).

Add Item Order Dark - v1.08.1
* Add: Insert Into Project.
* Fix: TopMost not working on startup if exe launched from REAPER.

Maybe Reaper is behaving differently for both of us (I use the latest update on Win10 as well) but I attached a couple of images of what is going on. Each marker shows a different method.

In the first two markers I selected track 3 on all import methods with 4 media files and first used drag and drop and "Insert Media" without the app which both resulted in the same result of the 4 files placed under another on consecutive tracks (and uses existing tracks if there is any). This is my desired result and what I'd assume most people would want but maybe I misunderstand what people want from this. I like the possibility to add the files on new tracks, though.

For the next two markers I used the "Add to Reaper" button in the app both with and without the "Insert Into project (Multi-Track)" option. These methods resulted in inserting the files on new tracks below the selected one in an odd way. Without the aforementioned option turned on it's kind of not usable in the middle of a project and turning it on makes it very niche with the diagonal placement of the files.

I don't know whether this is what is supposed to happen but I was expecting the add button to place the files directly under another as when dragging and dropping. I can settle for using the app as an extra step to drag and drop and it's still great, but if the "Insert Into Project (Multi-Track)" option added the files directly under another and not diagonally it'd be perfect (while still being different from dragging and dropping since you will create new tracks per file).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg File sorting app comparison 01.jpg (61.1 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg File sorting app comparison 02.jpg (48.8 KB, 89 views)

Last edited by Jonas_B; 02-08-2020 at 05:08 AM.
Old 02-08-2020, 10:27 AM   #45
Edgemeal

The app just sends the files to REAPER and REAPER does the rest, I don't have much control over how it does it. FWIW when I use the 'Insert into project' option in REAPER's explorer it adds the files diagonally to new tracks as well.

To make files get added to multiple new tracks at current cursor position (when using the Add button) you could use the script (included in zip) to launch the exe, it passes the ID's of two SWS actions, they are called to save the cursor position and restore the cursor before adding the next item.
Old 02-09-2020, 05:52 PM   #46
Jonas_B

Thanks! I didn't fully understand how to incorporate the script at first and had to fix an error to make it work. The folder for the app is called "Add Item Order Dark" while the script refers to the path as "Add Item Order" so you'd have to change it to match. The tip to add it as a toolbar button was also very smart.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:28 AM   #47
Edgemeal

Thanks for the feedback, I updated the script and readme files in zip, hopefully its a tad less confusing.