Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 05-19-2022, 06:27 PM   #1
Edu Camargo
Human being with feelings

Default Feature Request for the Title window

Taking the incredible addition in REAPER 6.58 that was the possibility of displaying the project title from the project notes, a thought just flashed up, so I decided to share with you here:

Inserting title and author information in projects is something that I'm really enjoying in REAPER 6. This serves a lot of purposes in many ocasions.
For example, I'm starting to work on production music, and my song projects have lots of diferent versions for the song, and I create regions to mark these versions. When rendering, I can simply use $title ($region) wildcards to automate the naming of the mixes. For the file name of the project, I can freely name 01 Song name, 02 Song name, etc. to keep things organized at the file level.
Also, when mastering an album or EP, I normally create a file called "master.rpp" and use the album / EP name as the project title.
And of course, this can also be used for metadata and etc.
For all my projects I keep the "create subdirectory for the project" checked.

All this workflow report to say:
I would love to see an option to display the project title (and the author if the user wishes) in the window title. If neither of these informations are available in the project, file name is used instead.

Thanks for considering.

Peace,

Edu Camargo.
Edu Camargo is offline   Reply With Quote