Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 11-18-2019, 02:29 AM   #1
Rosetree
Human being with feelings

Default How do I lock and prevent take volume from changing completely?

Hello!

I am in the middle of editing my vocals and I came across a rather strange behavior and was wondering if there is a way to prevent this.

Although the track is locked using the lock track control action and the lock settings are enabled and I ticked "Items full", I can still tweak the track volume when I hover the mouse cursor over an item.

I would like it to be completely locked so that I would never unintentionally change the track volume settings for the items that are done with editing.

If anybody knows how to enable this, it would be much appreciated.
Thank you and I will be waiting for your input.

Rosetree

Last edited by Rosetree; 11-18-2019 at 02:58 AM.
Rosetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 04:00 PM   #2
Rosetree

Default I sort of figured out why and how.

Hello once again.

It seems the reason why this was happening is because I had enabled "Script: ItemTakeVolume_via_Mousewheel.eel" action and assigned it to mousewheel(obviously).

Although I had enabled the "Items full" option within the lock settings, the aforementioned action somehow overrode the lock settings and allowed me to change take volume. I have a feeling this is a glitch which perhaps needs some fixing.

As a way to work around it, I combined the mousewheel with another key (in this case, ctrl&shift) so that I will not accidentally change take volume by simply hovering over an item.

This way, when I have the "Items full" enabled in the lock settings, the volume will not change as intended.

I believe the script mentioned above is a third party one (I could be wrong!) and it somehow defies what Reaper tells it to do. (I have no knowledge of programming nor scripting whatsoever and don't have a clue as to why this is possible, but it was happening nevertheless)

Anyway, here is a temporary solution for those who could be facing the same problem☆
Rosetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 10:20 AM   #3
Philbo King

I simply uncheck the 'visible' box in the take envelope settings, but leave 'arm' checked. If it's not visible it can't be changed.