Old 06-18-2017, 07:06 PM   #401
pattonfreak1
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgedayren View Post
fx control knobs on TCP, JUST DO IT!!!!!! and then continue on logic v2...
Rude.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:32 PM   #402
Aux13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgedayren View Post
fx control knobs on TCP, JUST DO IT!!!!!! and then continue on logic v2...
Anything else?
Aux13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:19 AM   #403
bFooz

Blankfiles, I wonder when you will get back to developing this. I still see some room for improvement in the theme and actually don't use it yet since it has still some pre-release feel.
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:31 AM   #404
chip mcdonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by sightlessness View Post
Indeed.

EDIT> The bad thing about all that white is that EVERYTHING jumps at you. And I don't think we want that at all. Maybe for selected tracks it could work. Idk.
For selected tracks would be great. Even better would be bright values only for controls you can "touch" with the mouse (fader knob, pan knob, buttons, etc.)

Slightly darker "background" for the rest, so the overall radiance is a bit lower.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:37 AM   #405
DaveKeehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bFooz View Post
Blankfiles, I wonder when you will get back to developing this. I still see some room for improvement in the theme and actually don't use it yet since it has still some pre-release feel.
I'm wondering the same thing for iLogic V2, take a look at that thread and you'll know what I mean...
Old 06-19-2017, 08:30 AM   #406
ferropop

This is one of the most wonderful themes I've ever used!

My single note of improvement would be: In the Mixer Panel, some kind of indentation or graphical indication that tracks are children of a folder track. Some themes show a strip that is closed on the left edge for the folder track, connected for child tracks, and closed on the right edge for "last track in folder", so it gives this sort of feel: [==|==|==|==]. It makes it so easy to see groups of tracks, and be able to tell the bus/folder track from the children.

Otherwise, so fantastic!
ferropop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:17 AM   #407
bFooz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferropop View Post
Some themes show a strip that is closed on the left edge for the folder track, connected for child tracks, and closed on the right edge for "last track in folder", so it gives this sort of feel: [==|==|==|==].
What theme(s) do you mean? Thanks.
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 11:31 AM   #408
Jae.Thomas

I dont understand, is this available yet?
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 02:19 PM   #409
cyrilfb

Default It's on the stash!

https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/1993/Co...ReaperThemeZip
cyrilfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 06:26 PM   #410
ReaperMadness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrilfb View Post
At that link, it says 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2. Which is it?

New Music: = Mourning Marrs =
ReaperMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:27 AM   #411
Luster

It's a bug of the stash. You can rename the title of the file but the filename won't change.
Luster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 12:50 PM   #412
sinkmusic

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain

Hi
Your Concerto Theme looks wonderful !
Thank you for creating and sharing it

However, it seems that the transport bar is not displayed correctly on my computer : is it a bad setting on my side, or a little bug of the theme ?
sinkmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 03:00 PM   #413
Endisol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkmusic View Post
Hi
Your Concerto Theme looks wonderful !
Thank you for creating and sharing it

However, it seems that the transport bar is not displayed correctly on my computer : is it a bad setting on my side, or a little bug of the theme ?
Hi yes I think its due to the resolution of your monitor/ switch to transport small layout should fix. It did for me. Nevertheless I guess its a bug/limitation
Endisol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 11:08 PM   #414
sinkmusic

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain

Thank you.
How do you do this ?
When i right-click the MCP, i can see various size options, but when i right-click the transport zone, i don't see any Theme appearance option ?
sinkmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:15 PM   #415
Endisol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkmusic View Post
Thank you.
How do you do this ?
When i right-click the MCP, i can see various size options, but when i right-click the transport zone, i don't see any Theme appearance option ?
Options > Layouts > Transport > Transport Small
Endisol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 03:30 AM   #416
Bar Kimura

Good! VEry Nice!!
Bar Kimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:26 AM   #417
Joshery

Dude. Just wanna say, soooo impressed. Definitely my favourite theme, woulda paid for it. And for what it's worth, I think it looked even better before everyone started heckling you about contrast haha! Just keep doin what you do.
Joshery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 03:56 AM   #418
LCipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRBWaffles View Post
I feel like the only one who thinks the contrast is fine. To my eyes, it could use a little less. If the white was a little duller and pastel, I think the overall look would look pretty polished.
+1 - I like the less contrast. That way, the colors draw attention more and it doesn't (visually) seem as "loud"

beautiful theme - nice work
LCipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:04 AM   #419
Blankfiles

Hey sory for the long delay ! the new about this theme aren't bad ,I will not update it ! for the reason that I hate to work whit ,and to many limitation in reaper to do something that I realy want to do whit this theme I think since one year I never see news updates in the daw for the mixer ect...only for items automation so maybe in the future but for the moment concerto is close!! you can do everthing that you want whit change or take images ect I will do another theme but just waiting some good news about Reaper imself I am sory for the one how realy love this theme but if I can help you let me know
Blankfiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:12 AM   #420
BRBWaffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankfiles View Post
Hey sory for the long delay ! the new about this theme aren't bad ,I will not update it ! for the reason that I hate to work whit ,and to many limitation in reaper to do something that I realy want to do whit this theme I think since one year I never see news updates in the daw for the mixer ect...only for items automation so maybe in the future but for the moment concerto is close!! you can do everthing that you want whit change or take images ect I will do another theme but just waiting some good news about Reaper imself I am sory for the one how realy love this theme but if I can help you let me know
Understandable. It's unfortunate that they've spent an entire year developing automation in a way that primarily serves EDM producers, and virtually nobody else. People have been making mixer suggestions for quite some time, but it doesn't seem at all to be a priority.
BRBWaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:29 AM   #421
DaveKeehl

Quote:
Understandable. It's unfortunate that they've spent an entire year developing automation in a way that primarily serves EDM producers, and virtually nobody else. People have been making mixer suggestions for quite some time, but it doesn't seem at all to be a priority.
I think we're going to see something interesting around version 5.8
Old 07-24-2017, 01:55 PM   #422
Lunar Ladder

Quote:
It's unfortunate that they've spent an entire year developing automation in a way that primarily serves EDM producers
I know this is probably a joke without a smiley , but just in case, of course it's not just for EDM.
Lunar Ladder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:19 PM   #423
BRBWaffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Ladder View Post
I know this is probably a joke without a smiley , but just in case, of course it's not just for EDM.
Well, that's not actually what I said. I said the feature primarily serves EDM producers, which I believe is true.
Old 07-24-2017, 03:27 PM   #424
Lunar Ladder

Quote:
Well, that's not actually what I said. I said the feature primarily serves EDM producers, which I believe is true.
Nah, any genre/task that benefits from operating automation as independently editable item blocks, not only EDM material.
Old 07-24-2017, 03:34 PM   #425
BRBWaffles

Quote:
Nah, any genre/task that benefits from operating automation as independently editable item blocks
You mean... primarily EDM? Name me a genre other than electronic music in general that would use a feature like automation items as a foundational staple of its production.
Old 07-24-2017, 03:36 PM   #426
Lunar Ladder

Quote:
You mean... primarily EDM? Name me a genre other than electronic music in general that would use a feature like automation items as a foundational staple of its production.
Many other types of electronic music, yes, hybrid productions for tv/film/videogames, pop music, sample-based orchestral renditions, you name it. Very usable in any of these, and more.
Old 07-24-2017, 03:39 PM   #427
vidalsh

Quote:

match ball sir...

seems like reaper forget live musicians time ago for EDM...

there is a lot of tools than never will be used to waste time and there is a lot of missing tools to really gets reaper an affordable tool to create music...
vidalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 03:58 PM   #428
BRBWaffles

Quote:
Many other types of electronic music, yes, hybrid productions for tv/film/videogames, pop music, sample-based orchestral renditions, you name it. Very usable in any of these, and more.
You didn't actually give me an answer. The question wasn't whether or not the feature would be useful to a genre, it was whether or not the feature would be of foundational importance to the genre. With electronic music, the answer would be yes. With TV, film, and video game production, the answer would be no.

The reason for automation items is to create rhythmic or repeatable patterns with automation. The primary reason you'd do this is for oscillation purposes like LFOs, modulation, rhythmic ducking, etc. These are staple tools in electronic music. They are not staple tools to film scoring unless the film score includes electronic music.

Never once did I argue that other genres couldn't make use of the feature. I argued that the feature was implemented to serve one genre primarily. Not exclusively. Primarily. There's a difference.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:05 PM   #429
Lunar Ladder

Quote:
They are not staple tools to film scoring unless the film score includes electronic music.
Many film scores (and tv and game scores) do. That's why I mentioned hybrid productions, which are very commonplace these days.

Quote:
With electronic music, the answer would be yes.
And there are numerous ways of expressing yourself in electronic music other than just EDM. Even if we're counting only completely electronic material, but in reality there are blends of electronic and other material all over the place

In the end, the point is: you said implementing automation items "primarily serves EDM producers", however, they serve a lot wider userbase. No biggie.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:21 PM   #430
BRBWaffles

Quote:
Many film scores (and tv and game scores) do. That's why I mentioned hybrid productions, which are very commonplace these days.

And there are numerous ways of expressing yourself in electronic music other than just EDM. Even if we're counting only completely electronic material, but in reality there are blends of electronic and other material all over the place

In the end, the point is: you said implementing automation items "primarily serves EDM producers", however, they serve a lot wider userbase. No biggie.
I'll try one more time. What genre or musical style do you think was closest to the forefront of the developers' minds when they developed this feature? EDM or "hybrid film score productions"? If I was to use the region of my brain responsible for critical thinking, I'd have to put my money on EDM. Regardless of the applicability toward other genres this feature has, EDM is the genre that has center stage in the DAW development landscape at the moment. I mean, look at Ableton, Reason, and the new version of Cubase. They're getting more and more popular, because electronic music production has been exploding steadily since 2011. Not only that, DAWs that refuse to update for better MIDI and automation functionality are floundering, like Pro Tools. Even if you wanted to split hairs and draw a distinction between EDM, D&B, or Dubstep, which I don't, my point would still stand. The Cockos team is developing this feature in order to stay competitive in the current market, not because film score composers need sick LFO tools.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:32 PM   #431
Lunar Ladder

Quote:
Even if you wanted to split hairs and draw a distinction between EDM, D&B, or Dubstep, which I don't, my point would still stand.
Not splitting hairs here, I went by the broad definition of the term, as in all of those included in EDM, "Electronic Dance Music", not just the stuff that was originally attempted to be branded as "EDM".

The point doesn't stand either way, automation items are a feature that serves a wide range of users, instead of how you claimed it "primarily serves EDM producers." No need to get, indeed, hair splitty over it. Even if speaking strictly about electronic productions here, there's a load of material that greatly benefits from this functionality, and isn't by any means EDM.

In any case, either way you have it, I think there's not any dramatic information value to be further extracted from this, hah . Cheers.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:36 PM   #432
BRBWaffles

Quote:
The point doesn't stand either way, automation items are a feature that serves a wide range of users
I don't think you understand my point if you're making this sort of counterpoint. I'm not repeating myself to try to make it clearer, either.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:45 PM   #433
wjmwpg

Quote:
Can't deny I'm disappointed to hear of your frustration, but many thanks for the work you did. I totally understand where you're coming from.
Old 11-23-2017, 02:51 PM   #434
paulm1427

Default concerto

really love the concerto theme,,
I was wondering is there a way to resize the fader panel on the channel strip layout, make it taller ?
again many thanks
paulm1427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 06:38 AM   #435
TonE

Quote:
hahaha that what is look like but no ! this theme will 100% free
Is it available anywhere?
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 10:03 AM   #436
Skijumptoes

Just wanted to say i got this theme installed by chance when flicking through some recommendations, and it's by far the best i've used so far. Brilliant work, i'm going to seek out more of your designs. Thanks again!
Skijumptoes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 04:50 AM   #437
inarisound

@Blankfiles

Hello, there is a bug that only occur with this theme...

when you try to change the color of the take it will not do so.

(So if you have multiple takes and want to change color of one take, instead it will change the color of the entire item)

Could you please help to fix that?

p.s.
This is my #1 Reaper theme...

I really wish you could develop Default Reaper theme V6 or give some input of your talent to White Tie...

<3

Last edited by inarisound; 04-30-2019 at 05:01 AM.
inarisound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:06 AM   #438
bywaterandblood

Default Favorite theme?

So far this is probably my favorite theme but I find myself not using it because it's hard for me to differentiate the tracks. I find myself having to pause to figure out where I need to click, especially when I have a lot of volume automation lanes open. It's also hard to tell what track is selected. I think selections should be easily seen in peripheral vision. This does not accomplish that for me.

I'm trying to figure out how to modify the theme but I'm struggling to understand how Walter works and Reaper theming in general. It's kind of daunting. Is there any way you could tell me what I need to do to get the entire background of a track to either be lighter or a way to have more elements change to a lighter color? Having just the track name change isn't enough for me. I'd also like to see the highlighted channel in the mixer a bit lighter. If I could get those things changed I would use this as my main theme.

EDIT: I've been messing around with the theme development/tweaker in Reaper but for some reason the colors just aren't changing for me :/

ReEdit: I'm making some progress. I figured out how to change images and some other background colors, but some things still aren't changing and the theme inspector tool doesn't show you everything (and is not very user-friendly at all). At least I'm making progress.

Last edited by bywaterandblood; 07-14-2019 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Tried adding image but size limits too strict
bywaterandblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 08:20 AM   #439
Jae.Thomas

this is my favorite theme and I'd love to see embedded FX in the TCP
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 04:31 PM   #440
poetnprophet

This may be my fav theme, but it doesn't have narrow/strip mixer layouts, which is a must for me. Anyone want to do that for me, pretty pleaseeeeeee???
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote