Old 09-07-2012, 05:02 AM   #81
pandel
Human being with feelings

Hey diversgens, it's totally ok (I was curious and so I found the keyboard in the liine forum myself ;-) ). As I said, I tried with an empty project and that was the problem. After adding some tracks everything went back to normal. What do you mean by strange behaviour of shift and alt? I think both buttons act the same way as the shift or caps lock buttons. Nevertheless, thanks for your work!
pandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:36 AM   #82
diversgens

I think they act more like on and off button than switches and if you use another keyboard before disengaging these buttons it can produce strange behavior...
diversgens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:40 AM   #83
pandel

Yes, on and off seems to be the right description. And as I won't use any other keyboard in parallel it won't bother me at all ;-)
pandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:52 AM   #84
epatricio

Default Thank you!

Wow!! You did a wonderful job there.

Thank you for this lovely interface!!
epatricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:31 AM   #85
braindub

Hello,

Thanks a lot Diversgens for this amazing work and thanks to the whole community presents here.
I also got it up and running and will try to help by providing feedbacks.

Last edited by braindub; 01-14-2013 at 08:03 AM.
braindub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:54 PM   #86
Ishaan

Hello Diversgens,

This looks fantastic and I can't wait to try it out. However, loading the .jzml file crashes my Lemur Editor! Any idea why that would be?

I'm using Windows 8...
Ishaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #87
Ishaan

Update: I open the .jzml file, and as soon as I do anything in the editor, it crashes.

However, I have been able to load the template and get it up and running.

Holy &#%$!!!

You, sir (or ma'am) have blown my mind and I believe forever changed the way I make music. I'm sure I will have many questions for you in time, but for right now...THANK YOU! This is some amazing stuff.

Mind you, up until just a couple of weeks ago I have been using Pro Tools exclusively for production. I have since jumped on the Reaper bandwagon and could not be happier. This is only gilding the lily.

For starters, it would be good to figure out why the Lemur Editor keeps crashing, as I'd like to be able to make some preliminary tweaks to my liking.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #88
diversgens

Thanks for the very kind words braindub, epatricio and Ishaan.

For the crash in Lemur Editor go to the Settings (in the top right) and untick the "Always Use Project Skin" in the "Lemur" tab, it must solve the problem.

I will probably work on the template a little bit more in the next weeks, and remove the FX Fun Tab, because it is not so "fun" after all ...
Old 01-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #89
Ishaan

Hello Diversgens,

I followed your instructions and unticked the "Always use project skin" box. However, the Lemur Editor (v. 4.0.1) is still crashing =(
Old 01-30-2013, 01:59 PM   #90
diversgens

Sorry to read it doesn't solve the problem, it works for me.
Perhaps can you post in the Lemur forum.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #91
carbon

First of all, very nice template - I can see myself having lots of fun with it.
Thanks for sharing your hard work!

I also had the problem of editor crashing as soon as I tried to load the project file.

Switching to classic skin before loading the file fixed the issue for me.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #92
val

Hi, Diversgens! First of all let me say big thanks for your developement!

I try to use reaper+lemur combo for rock band live performance. I want to control reaper tracks volume from Lemur from iPad, use it like poor man`s FOH mixer. Everything works almost perfect, but there is one little annoing glitch. If i start Lemur and load your setup when Reaper already load project on my PC, then Lemur set volume to 0db on track 8, no matter what volume it has, selected track 8 or not. If i start Lemur before Reaper everything is perfect, but if lemur crashes or I reload template than all of this happens when i start it again.

Can you help me to fix this problem somehow?

Big thanks!

Last edited by val; 09-03-2013 at 01:52 PM.
val is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #93
diversgens

Thanks for the nice comments.

Have you try the "refresh" button at the bottom left. It force Reaper to send all the value to Lemur.
I will see if there is a bug a the scripts for the fader 8.

Let me know if the "refresh" tip solve the problem.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:06 AM   #94
val

"Refresh" helps Lemur to obtain info on fader values from Reaper. But when Lemur starts it sends command "set to 0db" to fader 8. At lest I think how it works. I`m not a pro so maybe I`m wrong here.

Big thanks for your support!
Old 09-05-2013, 05:13 AM   #95
val

A little update.

I trying to create my own Lemur template based on Diversgens one. Just little reverse engineering effort. My goal is to create something with less features, but more suitable for my situation. Just master fader + 16 faders in a bank and bank change. That’s all.

I copied master fader, than copied first strip 16 times (in original template error was on fader 8), live bank change buttons as is and made new config file based on original from Diversgens on PC to support 16 faders. Results almost the same. When I load template in Lemur it set master fader and fader 1 to 0db (((( Maybe problem not in fader code but in startup code?

Can we make “refresh” first command when template loads? Or make some delay (5-10 sec) between moment when Lemur loads template and first OSC command send or received?

Thanks for your support!
Old 09-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #96
diversgens

Very strange ....
I just try to replicate the bug but everything works as expect here.
I load a reaper project and next load the lemur template, nothing append on lemur or reaper, hit refresh, the lemur is update with the reaper project values without reset of the fader8 to 0db ...
What version of the the lemur template are you using ?

If you want to use 16 faders you have to change the Lemur4.x.ReaperOsc file and modify the first line from DEVICE_TRACK_COUNT 8 to DEVICE_TRACK_COUNT 16

I really don't understand the problem with the fader8, all the fader are duplicate from the fader1.

I will probably post a revision of the template in the future with less interfaces.
And you can also try the template called Binder (you can find a post in this forum or the template in the Liine user library), they use a great part of my work in this template and compare if you have the same problem or if it related to my template.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:43 AM   #97
val

Still doesn`t work for me. I found that problem is not in particular track fader but in strip tab in template.

I make little screencast to show how it happens

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2s3ttpm71bo3xlq/ZIxovkojoY
Old 09-08-2013, 02:53 AM   #98
diversgens

Thank you for the sceencast i will see if i find this particular annoying bug ...
Old 09-08-2013, 04:25 AM   #99
diversgens

I think i find some bugs, can you try this version, this a light version i was working on, if it's ok it will probably be the last version i work on.

Let me know if it fix the bug for you
Attached Files
File Type: zip Reaper light2.zip (35.7 KB, 318 views)
Old 09-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #100
Aleksandr_Oleynik

Hi diversgens!
Hi val!
I had the same problem, that of the val! I followed the discussion.
Reaper light2 working correctly!
What exactly did you do diversgens?

Thanks for your time!
Aleksandr_Oleynik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #101
diversgens

There was a script in the strip interface sending a value that reset the fader value to 0db, i find also it was the same for the pan value for the 8 track in the selected bank and last i finally find why it wasn't the first interface that was display on load ....
On counterpoint it is not possible anymore (at that time) to reset the pan to center when tapping the value display.
I have not a lot of time to work on it, but i will try to do my best to clear the code and make this light version the final one.
I will probably upload it in the Liine user library.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:27 AM   #102
worldoftwilights

Man! What a piece of art!

It's brilliant.. I love it and I learned so much about OSC from your template!

May I ask you some questions about the coding?

In the 'toolbar' section, with the pad array, you have a gorgeous and elegant way to trigger Reaper Action via OSC.
But in the 'window' section, as you have switches and not pads, you have a "last_touched" variable which I don't quite get the use. Could you explain it to me?

Secondly, how do you find which Action number corresponds to which action? I found them in custom keymaps in reaper, but I have to assign shortcuts to see them in that file.

Last but not least, Just a cosmetic add-on. what to you think about an action that changes the aspect of play/pause button according to what's happening in reaper?

If you play and then press stop, or pause.. The interface don't reflect what's happening in reaper.
What If you put a setattribute when you press 'stop' so that the other buttons lights off ?
Do you mind if I try it on your interface?

Great job, let me know!
Gio.
worldoftwilights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #103
diversgens

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldoftwilights View Post
Man! What a piece of art!

It's brilliant.. I love it and I learned so much about OSC from your template!
Thanks for the nice words Gio ...

Quote:
In the 'toolbar' section, with the pad array, you have a gorgeous and elegant way to trigger Reaper Action via OSC.
But in the 'window' section, as you have switches and not pads, you have a "last_touched" variable which I don't quite get the use. Could you explain it to me?
In the toolbar the pads have only one action: you press on it and it do the action on Reaper.
In the window they act like on/off buttons, it open or close the related window....

Quote:
Secondly, how do you find which Action number corresponds to which action? I found them in custom keymaps in reaper, but I have to assign shortcuts to see them in that file.
In the Actions menu click on the first lone it will display a window with all the actions, you can find the number in the Custom ID column, there is a new column since the last version where you can use permanent ID, becausse every new SWS version modify the Cmd ID and the actions in my template doesn't work anymore.
I hope I can find some times to update it in the future ...

Quote:
Last but not least, Just a cosmetic add-on. what to you think about an action that changes the aspect of play/pause button according to what's happening in reaper?

If you play and then press stop, or pause.. The interface don't reflect what's happening in reaper.
What If you put a setattribute when you press 'stop' so that the other buttons lights off ?
I'm sorry to read it, this is normally implented and the transport buttons works both way ... will check it again but in my last template it works here ...
Quote:
Do you mind if I try it on your interface?
Change it as you want, share it if you want but please be kind to link to this topic not like the 'creators' of BINDER who 'stole' a lot of my work without referring to my initial template ...

and sorry for the late answer

Last edited by diversgens; 12-09-2013 at 03:25 PM. Reason: mistake in pointing to right id
Old 12-08-2013, 08:01 AM   #104
worldoftwilights

Thanks so much man!

I just borrowed your OSC Template for Reaper and modified, so that I don't have to put custom addresses!
Very helpful indeed!

Thanks again!
worldoftwilights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:04 AM   #105
nottooloud

Just bought Lemur, and fired this up. Absolutely amazing.

Unfortunately, on Refresh, it adds a bunch of EQ bands including a _high_ pass set at 20 Hz to the selected channel. Does anyone else see that?
Old 03-21-2014, 03:44 PM   #106
deailes

First of all excellent work. This is truly brilliant.

I am unsure if i have missed a setting but i cannot get the midi keyboard to work.

I am on mac

On my ipad i have set up the osc connection. and set up the reaper control surface. All other aspects of the template work brilliantly.

Do i need to to have some other midi connection set up on the mac or in reaper in order for the midi keyboard to work ?

Cheers

John.
deailes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:46 PM   #107
nottooloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by deailes View Post
All other aspects of the template work brilliantly.
Pull up a channel EQ on your computer, go to that channel's EQ balls page in the Lemur template, and hit refresh. It doesn't completely hose the EQ for you?
Old 03-22-2014, 05:48 PM   #108
nottooloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by deailes View Post
I am unsure if i have missed a setting but i cannot get the midi keyboard to work.
Have you got the Lemur Daemon all set up?
Old 03-23-2014, 10:32 AM   #109
diversgens

@deailes

you have to set the Lemur deamon to send and receive midi in regard of your midi setup, the template keyboard send midi to midi0.

@nottooloud

the EQ had never work as expect so i remove it in my last template, you can find it here : http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...1&postcount=99

I will probably update the template with the new features introduce by Cockos and by the last version of Lemur, but i do not have lot of time, so don't expect it before weeks .........
Old 03-23-2014, 10:42 AM   #110
nottooloud

I well understand about not having time to work on it. Thank you for the work you've already done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diversgens View Post
the EQ had never work as expect so i remove it in my last template, you can find it here : http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...1&postcount=99

I will probably update the template with the new features introduce by Cockos and by the last version of Lemur, but i do not have lot of time, so don't expect it before weeks .........
Yeah, I have the light one, but it also removes features that I would want. I'm poking at it some to build one that's in between.

I can't figure out how the Refresh is implemented. Is it calling something directly from the Lemur side, with nothing in the OSCReaper file? I haven't started to understand Lemur's files yet, and I have only the fuzziest idea of how it all fits together.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:17 PM   #111
diversgens

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottooloud View Post
I can't figure out how the Refresh is implemented. Is it calling something directly from the Lemur side, with nothing in the OSCReaper file?
There is a button under the Refresh text with an osc message that send an action id corresponding to a Reaper action called "Refresh all surface control".
A lot of buttons in the template act like that.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:24 PM   #112
deailes

Default use external midi controller to control fx parameters

So i contacted Liine support about section 9.5 Bi directional support in their manual.

Their recommendation was that i clarify this in the reaper or Liine forums as they could not replicate the issue?

I guess i am just trying to understand if i am comprehending the manual correctly and that what I am trying to do should work, which is:

use external midi controller to control the 16 fx parameters. In my head when i change device the ipad picks this up but i actually use the external midi controller to control the 16 parameters but with feedback on the ipad.

I should note that i have partial success in the sense that when moving the midi controller knobs the feedback is displayed on the ipad but the parameter within Reaper does not actually move.

Original post at Liine forums connectivity section :
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))
Hello

What i would like to achieve:

I use Reaper as DAW.
I am using reaper template provided here: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=98673

Works fine. All connected when using osc.. good stuff ;-)

I want to however control the 16 Device parameter knobs using an external midi controller. In this case an evolution X-session. This has 16 knobs configured for channel 1, range through 16-31.

In lemur settings i have set midi targets as follows:
MIDI 0 from: Loopmidi Port B To: LoopMidi Port a
MIDI 1 from: EV-XS Usb To: EV-XS Usb

In Template editor i have amended the 'Strip' Page.
screenshot here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55411004/Pho...%2014%2011.png

For each of the 16 knobs on display i have updated their midi mapping as per 9.5 Bi Directional part in the manual.

So for example on the first knob. the midi mapping has been changed to:

Object Target: MIDI 1
X Target: MIDI 1
Controller: 16 to 16
Channel: 1 to 1

I have then uploaded the changed template and restarted everything just to be sure. When i move knob 16 on the external midi controller the display on the ipad moves to reflect the changes in value. the vst plugin that is being controlled however does not move. If i use the ipad to then move the plugin then it works as normal.

Can you confirm if i am just missing a simple setting somewhere? Seems so close....
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))
Old 09-01-2014, 02:21 PM   #113
diversgens

I'm not sure to understand what you want to to.
But the Lemur template is not made to send midi, it send osc value and parameter thru the Reaper.osc file and the protocol implented in Reaper.

I think it's not the right way to mix osc and midi in the template because the midi send thru the template is not interprated (??) by Reaper.

The purpose of the template is to control Reaper without the need of a midi controller, but you can use the template in conjonction with midi but in this case you hae to think about two different way of using it (ie : learn midi msg directly in FM8 (grey midi icon turn yellow, then select the parameter and move the knob)), in this cas with the original template you will see the knob move in Reaper and in the template.

Hope i have help you.
Feel free to ask if needed.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:46 PM   #114
deailes

Thanks Diversgens.

I think you confirmed the issue. The template does not send MIDI. or at least Reaper does not interpret it.

To clarify. I find using the ipad just a little fiddly when tweaking knobs. I usually just use the channel strip part of your template. Anytime i want to write automation i usually just have a key command to learn last touched parameter which usually works fine in most situations.

When i was reading the Bi Directional part in the Lemur manual which explains how lemur variables can be controlled by midi hardware i thought this was maybe a way to use a generic midi controller to control the selected plugin but have the feedback displayed on the ipad.

So i would only be using the ipad and your template to switch between tracks and control the volume of the track and switch between automations modes etc. I would also use it to select between different plugins on each track but when those 16 device parameters are displayed (for which ever plugin you make active by selecting it) then the 16 midi knobs on my generic midi controller always control whatever 16 device parameters are displayed on the ipad. This would allow more tactile control.

Like i said i was able to amend the template so that when i move the knobs on the midi controller it moves the feedback for the display on the ipad but does not move the actual parameters within reaper.

You mentioned that its not correct to mix midi and osc so i am wondering if i am misinterpreting the section in the manual.

Edit:

My thinking was that if the template is controlling reaper and i use my midi controller to control the template then it all should work.
Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2014-09-04 at 20.31.54.jpg (67.9 KB, 467 views)
Old 09-04-2014, 02:58 PM   #115
diversgens

Sorry i'm not very clear but english is not my native language and i don't have enough vocabulary in the technical domain, but i can perhaps be more clear:
In Lemur, OSC and MIDI are bi-drectional.
My template was, at different stage, able to send and receive OSC messages and Midi messages.
But the knob in the FX window are sending osc msg despite the midi data in the Lemur Editor tab because my template use the osc protocol of Reaper.

When you move a knob on your hardware, it send midi cc info and the value of this CC (ie CC1-0 to 127), in the template the knob send a osc value(from 0 to 1) with a string (ie :/Knobn/x, see it in the LemurEditor OSC tab) and the string is related to a parameter in the ReaperOsc file (look in the Lemur.Osc file) and is interpreted by the OSC implentation in Reaper.

I hope i can resume like this:
Lemur template send and receive contextual value where your harware send fix value.
What you can try to do is to Midi learn a parameter of a VST plugin in Reaper move a knob in the hardware and then you will see the knob/slider move in Reaper and in the Lemur template if you have select the plugin in the strip tab.

I hope i have been more clear.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:07 PM   #116
deailes

ok. Thanks again. :-)
Old 12-11-2014, 02:44 PM   #117
flipotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by val View Post
A little update.

I trying to create my own Lemur template based on Diversgens one. Just little reverse engineering effort. My goal is to create something with less features, but more suitable for my situation. Just master fader + 16 faders in a bank and bank change. That’s all.

I copied master fader, than copied first strip 16 times (in original template error was on fader 8), live bank change buttons as is and made new config file based on original from Diversgens on PC to support 16 faders. Results almost the same. When I load template in Lemur it set master fader and fader 1 to 0db (((( Maybe problem not in fader code but in startup code?

Can we make “refresh” first command when template loads? Or make some delay (5-10 sec) between moment when Lemur loads template and first OSC command send or received?

Thanks for your support!
Hey can you post the 16 track template?
flipotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 03:57 AM   #118
johns

Default surround panning

Hi.,
... just wanted to say how excellent your interface is.

... I have one continuing problem though - whilst the panner moves the in 1 x and in 1 y knobs in the strip page, and moving the knobs moves the panner, I don't know how to get these bindings to connect to a moving ball, so I can use it to pan the surround sound

... I'm new to this so have zero experience - could you help please?

Kind regards
John S
johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:12 AM   #119
memyselfandus

Can you run Actions and that sort of thing from the iPad using these templetes?
memyselfandus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:52 AM   #120
fundorin
Banned

I would be glad to see 16:9 version of this template or some other one, which is adapted to the 640x316 Lemur resolution (1280x720 actual device resolution). Android version of Lemur is available for a few months and there's still no template for it to control Reaper. What a pity.
fundorin is offline   Reply With Quote