Old 01-31-2018, 09:04 AM   #1
IndustrialOkie
Human being with feelings

Default Glad To Be Back!

I purchased a Reaper license over a decade ago when I was still learning, and running a Sony Vaio laptop with a Presonus Firebox. I've tried every configuration you can think of since then, and have been using Auria on an iPad mini now for several years.

I recently decided I wanted to stretch my legs a bit from the iPad, and purchased a refurbished mac, and quickly purchased a new, upgraded license for Reaper. It's nice to be back in the fold, and plan to spend my time learning how to properly explore Reaper for my current musical needs and endeavors.

TL/DR:

Glad to be back in the Reaper community, and glad to see its bigger and more robust than ever!
IndustrialOkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:31 AM   #2
ivansc

We missed you! Welcome back.

P.S. Dont forget to check out all the excellent video tutorials at reaper.fm to get you up to speed with what is happening now.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:34 PM   #3
JHaas

I'm kind of in the boat, 'cept I'm new to Reaper, not returning... I've been mixing entirely "in the tablet" on my iPad Air2, finishing everything in Auria. I too felt I needed to stretch my legs a bit, and get on a more full-featured DAW.

I inherited an old laptop from my son that I'm using in the short term, digesting Kenny's tutorial vids while I finish up one last mix in Auria.

I will miss the FabFilters in Auria, but look forward to the extra elbow-room in Reaper.

Cheers!
JHaas is offline   Reply With Quote